HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Was Forsberg's hit suspendable? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247055)

bioman85* 04-28-2006 12:36 PM

Was Forsberg's hit suspendable?

Just wondering what you guys think about forbergs hit the other night on Briere (sorry) - Sabres have a 4 page thread with most people thinking he should be suspended and that he is a dirty player.

Is this their fans' wishful thinking because he cannot be stopped, or do they have a valid point?

jcab2000 04-28-2006 12:37 PM

Is this really worth answering? I'd bet not a single person in the Sabres organization thinks so.

Flyers_01 04-28-2006 12:43 PM

The Sabres fans are grasping at straws .. they have multiple threads up asking for Flyers to be suspended for multiple reasons including showing up for Game 3.

This isn't worth discussing.

tytech 04-28-2006 12:48 PM

My eyes have been glued to every flyer game and I'm not sure what hit they are even referring to. There was one on Briere where he left his feet. Did you mean Briere or Greir? If you meant Briere then no, a penalty was more than enough. If you mean Grier then I doubt it because I don't even know what hit is being referenced.

Flyers_01 04-28-2006 12:50 PM

The thread is about the hit on Briere where he left his feet.

Banger 04-28-2006 12:52 PM

what a bunch of whiners. I bet they want Forsberg suspended after he showed how unstoppable he can be. If they are referring to the hit that he was penalized on, I watched it several times and I'm not even sure if it was a penalty. It's kind of annoying that the NHL has really turned into a no checking league and every little infraction is called. Let them play and lets watch some emotion and passion, that's the best part of playoff hockey and what made those Leaf series so much fun.

Mellifleur 04-28-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioman85
Just wondering what you guys think about forbergs hit the other night on Grier - Sabres have a 4 page thread with most people thinking he should be suspended and that he is a dirty player.

Is this their fans' wishful thinking because he cannot be stopped, or do they have a valid point?

I believe the thread started with questioning the hit Forsberg put on Briere that resulted in the charging penalty.

I don't think Forsberg is a dirty player personally, he may be a bit chippy but not dirty.

I did not notice any bad hits Forsberg put on Grier so if there was one it was probably clean and legal.

Ex Storm 04-28-2006 12:53 PM

No.

BringBackStevens 04-28-2006 12:59 PM

no. way. in. hell.

bungle 04-28-2006 12:59 PM

I think you could argue it was worth 2 minutes. That's all.

DayWalk3r 04-28-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G0flyers
I think you could argue it was worth 2 minutes. That's all.

agree.

stazza18 04-28-2006 01:19 PM

Thought you guys may get a kick out of this clip in regards to the beating Lindros took at Barnaby's hands by Sabres fans.

*.de/files/3867271/Lindros_vs_Barnaby_23.02.96.wmv.html

Replace the * with rapidshare.

BringBackStevens 04-28-2006 01:21 PM

man, i really miss the old lindros :(

tytech 04-28-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers_01
The thread is about the hit on Briere where he left his feet.

Originally the thread had said Grier so that's why was confused.

The hit on Briere? A joke that someone would even think suspension not to mention create a thread about it. He left his feet. It's called charging or roughing and that's where the infraction ends. Unreal.

JD SabreFan 04-28-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tytech
Originally the thread had said Grier so that's why was confused.

The hit on Briere? A joke that someone would even think suspension not to mention create a thread about it. He left his feet. It's called charging or roughing and that's where the infraction ends. Unreal.

Forsberg left his skates. And threw an elbow at Briere..who was being held against the boards at the time. Looked like something out of the WWE when a guy is in the corner. Not something I would expect from the "best player in the world". Running a player, leaving your skates and throwing an elbow at a player who doesnt even have the puck....if thats not intent to injure I dont know what is.

Yertle The Turtle 04-28-2006 01:47 PM

Of course he should be suspended. I mean its Forsberg :sarcasm:

Lupul* 04-28-2006 01:54 PM

No, not even close. Anyone who thinks that the hit is suspendable is completely delusional.

stazza18 04-28-2006 01:57 PM

Guys lets not forget this is the new nhl and all hitting against the Sabres has been deemed illegal. :sarcasm:

Cmoneyflyguy 04-28-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD SabreFan
Forsberg left his skates. And threw an elbow at Briere..who was being held against the boards at the time. Looked like something out of the WWE when a guy is in the corner. Not something I would expect from the "best player in the world". Running a player, leaving your skates and throwing an elbow at a player who doesnt even have the puck....if thats not intent to injure I dont know what is.

Wait, are we playing the Buffalo Ice Capades?
I mean, come on :shakehead

joshjull 04-28-2006 02:05 PM

No he shouldn't be suspended. Thats idiotic. Some of my follow sabre fans need to get a grip. You are making the rest of us look bad.This is playoff hockey. Maybe some of you have forgotten Varada, Peca, Barnaby and May. None of whom were angels and many of the things being said about Gauts and Forsberg could easily be applied to them. Forsberg plays with passion the sabres have to match it.

stanley 04-28-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Forsberg left his skates. And threw an elbow at Briere..who was being held against the boards at the time. Looked like something out of the WWE when a guy is in the corner.

That must have gotten filtered out of the game I was watching.

Well, myself and most of North America.

Banger 04-28-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: I guess you haven't seen playoff hockey for a while. Compared to the wars the Flyers have been through and some of the hits in the Toronto series' in prior playoffs by comparison that was a totally lame hit. Take off the skirt.

stazza18 04-28-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull
No he shouldn't be suspended. Thats idiotic. Some of my follow sabre fans need to get a grip. You are making the rest of us look bad.This is playoff hockey. Maybe some of you have forgotten Varada, Peca, Barnaby and May. None of whom were angels and many of the things being said about Gauts and Forsberg could easily be applied to them. Forsberg plays with passion the sabres have to match it.

Thank you, that is the point I've been trying to make over there to no avail. :handclap:

capn89* 04-28-2006 02:11 PM

:biglaugh: @ Sabre fans. Why is this even a question, I didn't think anything of the hit other than it was a simple two minute penalty. Are we going to start saying hooks should be suspended too? Or too many men on the ice? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: You guys crack me up.

Lupul* 04-28-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull

:clap: