HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello my name Is Christobal Huet and i`m a rag doll. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247197)

Kimota 04-28-2006 09:09 PM

Hello my name Is Christobal Huet and i`m a rag doll.

It has been brutal.

Carolina are acting like the Broad Street Bullies with Huet and it`s like a walk in the park, like it was nothing for the refs. Business as usual.

The New NHL is about calling penalities, right? :sarcasm:

NBHABSFAN 04-28-2006 09:10 PM

:deadhorse

Kimota 04-28-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN

Exactly. :biglaugh:

Namso 04-28-2006 09:11 PM

Hello my name is Colin Campbell and I have told the following to the refs:

1. It is alright to highstick any habs player no matter if his eyes pop out or if his mouth is chopped open.
2. You can jump/hump/hug/romp over the habs goaltender all you want.
3. Remember, any ticky-tacky Montreal play MUST be penalized.

Kimota 04-28-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namso
Hello my name is Colin Campbell and I have told the following to the refs:

1. It is alright to highstick any habs player no matter if his eyes pop out or if his mouth is chopped open.
2. You can jump/hump/hug/romp over the habs goaltender all you want.

Then afterwards you can also have your way with their wives and eat their children.

tml_4ever 04-28-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

LOL! Nice avatar :biglaugh: :clap: :bow:

LesHabsRock 04-28-2006 09:15 PM

They're running Huet and interfering with him...they got the first non-goal call right, but the winning goal was still goaltender interference...the guy had his stick between huet's legs as Cherry pointed out...that was clear as the eye could see.

e-e 04-28-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

:handclap:

HabsBaby18* 04-28-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota
It has been brutal.

Carolina are acting like the Broad Street Bullies with Huet and it`s like a walk in the park, like it was nothing for the refs. Business as usual.

his rebound control was horrible tonight

optimus2861 04-28-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namso

Hold it now, we can't make that complaint tonight. We only got two minors. The officiating was brutal for other reasons tonight.

AHF 04-28-2006 09:19 PM

Hi, my name is Rod Brind'Amour, here's by buddy Niclas Wallin. We don't know what a crease is, and we like to run goalies.

Kimota 04-28-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

Of course he`s totally out of his game now.

Man I hate Brind`amour.

MissCanuck 04-28-2006 10:15 PM

Being stamped with a loss like this SUCKS. Why can't they just make the calls? GTFO if you can't. Seeing Markov and Rivet get high sticks, Huet being interferred with ALL night... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Munchausen 04-28-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota
It has been brutal.

While nobody can deny the Carolina players are taking liberties around Huet's net, this is playoff hockey, and this stuff happens year after year. You have to hustle and battle through it. That's where we're at in the current NHL. We went from one extreme to the other, from not having the right to step a hair over the blue paint to complete disregard for the goalie's space and at times, even health.

What puzzles me though is why Carolina are the only ones taking advantage. This has been something that bugged me all year about this team, how there were too much dispee doodlers and not enough net crashers. I would have thought this would have been the game plan after game 3.

And you don't have to be Ryan Smyth to be effective at it. It's a grinding game. Just go park your butt in front of Ward to screen him when you have a chance, buzz around him, go hard to the net and wack like a man possessed when it looks like he's not in full control of the puck.

But no, instead we have guys trying to make fancy plays that have a very small success % during the playoffs, and even though we see the occasional well intentioned try, it's not merely enough to get a goalie in perfect control like Ward is at the moment out of his game.

Not as bad as the NYR mind you, but we still have an other level to get to if we want to come out on top of this one.

jcpenny 04-28-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

Maybe but he was the only reason why the game was close. IMO he had a monster game with many point blank saves. Gotta love the save on Brindamour that led to souray's goal.

Big Kov 04-29-2006 12:22 AM

he was solid, which is what we expect. Almost all of the goals on him were banks of players, skates, or well screen.

MathMan 04-29-2006 12:26 AM

I could see Huet stealing the next one. The 'Canes scored only one honest-to-goodness, shot on net, even-strength goal this series, all the others were caroons, lucky bounces, or PP goals. He was awesome tonight on several occasions, but the 'Canes seem to have solved him by crowding his crease. The Montreal D may need to get more physical in front of the net.

The Habs are seriously due for a break. They still have better special teams and overall superior goaltending, two key points. They can still win.

Habsurd 04-29-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
While nobody can deny the Carolina players are taking liberties around Huet's net, this is playoff hockey, and this stuff happens year after year. You have to hustle and battle through it. That's where we're at in the current NHL. We went from one extreme to the other, from not having the right to step a hair over the blue paint to complete disregard for the goalie's space and at times, even health.

What puzzles me though is why Carolina are the only ones taking advantage. This has been something that bugged me all year about this team, how there were too much dispee doodlers and not enough net crashers. I would have thought this would have been the game plan after game 3.

And you don't have to be Ryan Smyth to be effective at it. It's a grinding game. Just go park your butt in front of Ward to screen him when you have a chance, buzz around him, go hard to the net and wack like a man possessed when it looks like he's not in full control of the puck.

But no, instead we have guys trying to make fancy plays that have a very small success % during the playoffs, and even though we see the occasional well intentioned try, it's not merely enough to get a goalie in perfect control like Ward is at the moment out of his game.

Not as bad as the NYR mind you, but we still have an other level to get to if we want to come out on top of this one.

You got that right! I've wondered all year as well.....how hard is it to go to the net and screen the goalie, esp on the PP. We never seem to have a good screen set up. Well.....rarely.

At one point in mid season I remem suggesting putting Souray in front on the PP (when the pp was floundering). Get a body in front of the goalie and at least make him work for it a little. As you say: too many twirlers....no jam.

Mikhail Grabovsky* 04-29-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen

EXACTLY, great point.. :clap:

Why is it Montreal never has anyone standing in front of the net ?
They always have someone circling the net then passing out front to NO one. :shakehead
Are we really that scared of being chopped at a bit? Are we really that soft ? Have we forgotten the basics of hockey...crash the friggin net PLEASE.. :rant:

with that
GO HABS GO :yo:

Turbo 04-29-2006 09:17 AM

Quote:

I'm quoting your avatar for truth.