HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reasons we will win this series... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247213)

Namso 04-28-2006 09:34 PM

Reasons we will win this series...

Many posters (including I) have become too negative and ref-bashing obsessed(even if legit). But i have a feeling we're still going to win. We play better with our backs against the walls. Here are some reasons...

1. Because of the show-off type of players we have (ribs, kovy, etc) we tend to play better on the road where we're more tight and less fancy.

2. Begin, our warrior, who makes Bonk run should be back. Expect some good energy right from the beginning.

3. Gainey will hopefully realize that crashing the net is a good thing.

4. Justin Williams can't get away with another high stick, can he?

MEGALINSKY 04-28-2006 09:37 PM

i agree. bring some grit back in the lineup (is begin ready for the next dance?)

and hopefully EVENTUALLY these calls will be made in our favour.

LesHabsRock 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namso
Many posters (including I) have become too negative and ref-bashing obsessed(even if legit). But i have a feeling we're still going to win. We play better with our backs against the walls. Here are some reasons...

1. Because of the show-off type of players we have (ribs, kovy, etc) we tend to play better on the road where we're more tight and less fancy.

2. Begin, our warrior, who makes Bonk run should be back. Expect some good energy right from the beginning.

Well, I think you're right...I said it in the middle of the game that even if we lose this game not to get too upset and that we WILL win game 5 regardless of the outcome of game 4. The series is TIED 2-2, not 3-2 or 3-1 for the Canes. The Habs are still in this. The road team has won every game. I don't see that changing. I see the Habs playing better next game and coming out on top.

The Canes are playing a little better now, but the Habs have matched them. Habs have an opportunity to win game 5 and comeback to Montreal and win game 6 to break the road warrior syndrome in this series.

e-e 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

:yo: :yo: :yo:

Brisk-Illusion 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

:biglaugh:

KOMO_ROCKS 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

Good to see a positive post here. What matters most is the team believes that they can win and do whatever it takes to win.

BobbyFischer* 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

The habs will win the series because we're the better team, period.

CANES ARE GOING DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Ape Clutch 04-28-2006 09:45 PM

Reasons why we won't Win.

1. Huge momentum shift in the series for the Canes

2. Koivu is out indefinetly

3. Ribeiro is not showing up, I mean seriously he's not showing up.

4. Koivu is out indefinetly

5. Reffs keep letting things slide. Which doesn't help us.

6. Koivu is out indefinetly

7. Cam Ward is comming into his own, he's getting confident about how he's played recently. Montreal hasn't solved him yet like we did to swiss cheese. We NEED to do that.

so yeah...those are the reasons why we won't win.

However why we Will win.

1. We are the Montreal Canadiens ******...u ain't got Nuthin on us BAM!

Brisk-Illusion 04-28-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanye West
Reasons why we won't Win.

1. Huge momentum shift in the series for the Canes

It was for us in game 3

2. Koivu is out indefinetly

Win it for him

3. Ribeiro is not showing up, I mean seriously he's not showing up.

He had 1 bad game

4. Koivu is out indefinetly

5. Reffs keep letting things slide. Which doesn't help us.

It got better tonight, not that it's saying much

6. Koivu is out indefinetly

7. Cam Ward is comming into his own, he's getting confident about how he's played recently. Montreal hasn't solved him yet like we did to swiss cheese. We NEED to do that.

Remember Theodore of 2002 ?

so yeah...those are the reasons why we won't win.

However why we Will win.

1. We are the Montreal Canadiens ******...u ain't got Nuthin on us BAM!

No comment

Ape Clutch 04-28-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion
No comment

Hey i was just giving reasons that I saw (btw...you did comment i dont' understand how you can write "no comment")

anyhoo

Habs will win this series is Ribs shows up so he's played ok...but he hasn't Showed up right? Same with Koivu...those 2 needed to get REALLY going. Bonk needed to stay @ his position, cuz he's playing outside of his abilities right now... Ribeiro should pick up more flack, Plecanek responded well (as usual) and Bonk needs to go back to his 4th line job that he was doing so well...however we need Saku for that.

It didn't get that much better for the goals

Yes i remember theodore in 2002, There was also a kid by the name of Patrick Roy in 1986

Montreal can win this series. If everyone shows up again. That's what needs to happen for a victory.

Saku comes back for game 6 and we finish it... in montreal

Brisk-Illusion 04-28-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanye West
you did comment i dont' understand how you can write "no comment

I messed up the html, it was supposed to answer your last statement
inside the quote,

Too many beers I guess :innocent:

ShuttFan 04-28-2006 10:21 PM

Ward's glove side will become a weakness once we really test it.

LesHabsRock 04-28-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShuttFan
Ward's glove side will become a weakness once we really test it.

Yes, you're right...I noticed high glove side...thats how we scored both goals tonight.