HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Third periods at home (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247356)

zx81 04-29-2006 02:09 PM

Third periods at home

Goals scored in the third period at home , last 4 games
Buf: 3 Habs:0
NJ: 3 Habs:0
CAR:1 Habs:0
CAR:1 Habs:0

Choking under pressure ?

Anyway the last 4 losses at home were because of horrible third periods with either the lead or a tie after 40 minutes.

jpchabby 04-29-2006 02:12 PM

when you see this, you have to start thinking...

cjbhab 04-29-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby
when you see this, you have to start thinking...

yep, maybe its a good thing the canes have home ice, lol

Team_Spirit 04-29-2006 04:01 PM

If Huet stopped that puck in game 3 we would not talk about this , if it was Theodore people would have killed him .

znk 04-29-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
If Huet stopped that puck in game 3 we would not talk about this , if it was Theodore people would have killed him .

Because Theo did it on a regular basis. And besides...with Theo we would already have been down by a few goals before that play.

Taupy 04-29-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Because Theo did it on a regular basis. And besides...with Theo we would already have been down by a few goals before that play.

With Theo, we would already been playing Golf :)

Team_Spirit 04-29-2006 04:16 PM

Bottom line we need Huet to steal a game :D

znk 04-29-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Bottom line we need Huet to steal a game :D

I think he did his part on the Breakaway where he stopped Brind'amour when we were up 5 on 3. Was 2 -1 at the time.

StanAjax 04-29-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
I think he did his part on the Breakaway where he stopped Brind'amour when we were up 5 on 3. Was 2 -1 at the time.

Yep, he had a few key saves when the Habs were trying to catch the Canes on the scoreboard.

Other than that, he was nothing spectacular...like the whole team.

He's not the one to blame, but if he could steal a game, or if the defense could play in the way that allows him to register a shutout (as Huet would say ;) ), that would help a lot to get through the Carolina High-Stickers...

valkyrur 04-29-2006 05:21 PM

last night's game was pathetic!
i mean...if ur on a 2-man PP advantage, THERE SHOULDNT BE A DAM BREAKAWAY FROM THE OTHER TEAM!!

as soon as Brind'Amour had that breakaway, i knew the game would be lost because when u let that happen, no matter if there was a save or not (thx Huet)...ur not concentrated enough to win a Playoff Game!!
simple...we need to avoid STUPID turnovers and STUPID penalties!

neways, back to Carolina they go...and hopefully, we ll steal that game to maybe come back with POWER AT HOME AND WIN!

StanAjax 04-29-2006 05:47 PM

That 2 man advantage, which was followed by a long one man advantage was really awful.

I think Brind'Amour said after game 1 that when you don't score on 5 on 3, you know that the night will be long... And that's often true...