HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Thank You New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247404)

ftyutin51 04-29-2006 05:43 PM

Thank You New York Rangers

:clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :handclap: :handclap:

Melrose_Jr. 04-29-2006 05:45 PM

I had a lot of fun this season. A lot more than I thought I would. Let's go Rangers!

zacn 04-29-2006 05:48 PM

RIP Rangers '05-'06, Long Live the Rangers '06-'07

Well,
The season is over now and maybe it wasn't the way we wanted it to end but I can't say that I am not proud of the team's accomplishments and the way the rebuild has continued despite our success. The playoffs were rather unlucky. Bad refing, lots of posts and key injuries didn't make it any easier against a hot team. We lost because of the play of our veterans and some of our best players were the young guys so there is a lot to be optimistic about there. Anyway, let's just hope the devils and flyers get elliminated next and enjoy the rest of the playoffs and the NHL draft.

What are everyone's three off-season wishes?
1. Get Redden (backup Chara)
2. Trade up in the draft to get center
3. (Tie) Find a way to kill Oz and collect the insurance money on his contract/Get a first line center.

Let's go Rangers '06-'07, I'm already pumped for that first pre-season game! In the mean time, I am going to root for my Yankees and take out my trash in hopes that its dropped at the dump in Brodeur's New Jersey Home's Front Yard.

NYR2 04-29-2006 05:49 PM

They gave me something to look forward to every day for the past 7 months. For that I thank them from the bottom of my heart. :cheers:

Fire Sather 04-29-2006 05:49 PM

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Made the playoffs, great effort to the final whistle. See ya next year boys, Thanks for the memories.

fism 04-29-2006 05:51 PM

That was nice how they still pulled lundquist and gave the stick salute :handclap:

Firefly 04-29-2006 05:52 PM

:clap: :clap:

Very disappointing end, but hey, lots of positives to take away from the season. Hossa, Betts, Orts, and Hollweg were probably our best players this postseason...good to see yet distressing at the same time. Hollweg is my player of the playoffs for the Rangers, hopefully he'll have a full time role next season.

Can't wait for the draft/offseason/next season. Disappointed, but ready for more.

AJ1982 04-29-2006 05:53 PM

It was great just to get back to the playoffs and finally not be the NHL's underachieving whipping boys. Just making the playoffs this year was an unexpected achievement from where we were in 03-04. The plus about getting booted from the playoffs early is that we'll get a higher draft pick to aid us in the rebuild. Now the focus should be drafting well and grabbing a couple of key younger free agents.

g52* 04-29-2006 05:54 PM

Hopefully we can land a big UFA this Summer. Cant wait for next season.

KRM 04-29-2006 05:55 PM

Well I'm almost crying now so I just copy what I wrote on another board.

Thanks for this season Rangers, it been a long and fun run! Bright future stars has stept forward, Lundqvist, Prucha and Immonen. I hope we will see more from them next year.

And thank you Jagr, you have carried the team on your shoulders, too bad it didn't go all the way.

Pizza 04-29-2006 05:57 PM

F*&^%$ ay!!!!

Great season. First in many to come. I'm looking forward to it:)

NYR2 04-29-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krm500
And thank you Jagr, you have carried the team on your shoulders, too bad it didn't go all the way.

Yes absolutely, HUGE thanks to him. I gained so much respect for that guy this year. Heart and soul of the team imo.

dank 04-29-2006 05:58 PM

Thanks for getting me back into hockey guys, and giving the NY sports fans something to cheer for at MSG..

oh yeah.. and giving me a reason to spend a gagillion dollars for seats and drinks ..

HVPOLARBEARS19 04-29-2006 05:59 PM

It was a great year with a horribly dissapointing end, but I was very happy that the Rangers skated hard till the end even when down 4-1 with two minutes to go.
The fact of the matter is that the Rangers team this year wasn't skilled enough to compete with the elite. We had Jagr, but as the Devils proved, he could easily be shut down. Lundqvist showed that he was not ready for the big show just yet and needs some more time, and undoubtedly some Rangers have played their last game today.
Next season I'm not sure what to expect, I really hope that this year wasn't a fluke. I don't think it is since Lundqvist is here, but still, there's a chance. Jagr needs some BIG TIME help. We need a big name forward who can put the puck in the net, and our defensive needs to be sured up. Ozo killed the team chemistry and played horrible all series long, I do not think he will be back after this. Poti is also on his way out I believe. He is terrible defensively and is terrible offensively, I can't see us bringing him back. To my dismay Rosy will be back I believe. Staal will be up next year which should be something nice to see, and other rookies will undoutbedly be in. Hopefully Immonen and Dawes will play...I really think Dawes is going to be a stud, regardless of size. We need a big name defensman, Chara would be nice, though I'd take Redden in a heartbeat too, just not McCabe.
We need more scoring threats, our third and fourth lines are great at checking, but they don't really possess the threat that other teams have. Orts scored today but I can't remember the last time he did before this. Moore hasn't scored in ages, Hollweg doesn't score, Hossa I personally like but he has trouble scoring etc etc.
Bring in some big guns and let's see what happens.

As for my top 3 offseason hopes...
#1.) Get either Redden or Chara and drop Rosy, Poti and Ozo
#2.) Bring in a power forward to help out Jagr and DO NOT trade Nigel Dawes
#3.) Teach Nylander how to score, and bring Hossa along.

Rangers_23 04-29-2006 06:00 PM

So proud of what this team has done this year. Never gave up.

Thank you Rangers for the all out effort and all the great moments of this past season! :clap:

Dig Out Your Soul 04-29-2006 06:01 PM

The Rangers are definitely headed in the right direction, I was very impressed by them this year. Their battles with the Flyers were some of the games to remember this season.

Congrats on a solid year, I have a feeling making the playoffs this year was just a stepping stone to better things.

forboston 04-29-2006 06:04 PM

Before the start of the season, I thought I would have to adopt the Bruins come playoff time. Thanks for making this season fun to watch!

phishman3579 04-29-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftyutin51
:clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :handclap: :handclap:

I agree. Great season for the Rangers; here's to hoping that Sather doesnt sign a crap load of FA's this summer.

A little disappointed with the post-season but that's a bonus compare to last season (no hockey) and the previous nine seasons.

NYR2 04-29-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
The Rangers are definitely headed in the right direction, I was very impressed by them this year. Their battles with the Flyers were some of the games to remember this season.

Congrats on a solid year, I have a feeling making the playoffs this year was just a stepping stone to better things.

Those games were the ones I looked forward to. You just knew they'd be good.

And thanks. :)

I hope if you guys end up meeting the Devils some how, well...I'll be good and won't say bad things. :innocent: But you know. ;) :joker:

Riddarn 04-29-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19
Lundqvist showed that he was not ready for the big show just yet and needs some more time

I find this so very strange. Lundqvist has always been a great player under pressure and especially in playoff situations. But I guess even the best of them must have ups and downs in their development curves/careers. I'm sure he'll bounce back for next season. But they still need to get somebody that can score in the playoffs. 4 goals in 4 games is just ridiculous.

TorontoSports 04-29-2006 06:08 PM

Thank you rangers!

BigCanada77 04-29-2006 06:13 PM

:clap: :clap: Thank you, definatley the biggest part of my life during the season. Well, except College, at times :D True Blue for life. :rangers

Captain Monglobster 04-29-2006 06:14 PM

Thanks for making it fun to watch hockey again, and goodbye to a bunch of the vets that wont be back.

:clap:

BigE 04-29-2006 06:15 PM

Good season.

eco's bones 04-29-2006 06:16 PM

I know it ended badly but this was a fun year. What can you say? I didn't expect anywhere near the results that we got. There are certainly some changes and new faces coming but this group gave a good effort and the team should be commended.
I like Renney and his staff. I like their openess--always trying to connect with the fans. I like a lot of the new players and I'm excited about many of our prospects particularly Dawes, Staal, Dubinsky. There have been a lot of positives for us this year after season after season of negatives. I hope the Devils fans don't mind but I have never rooted for a team that has knocked mine out to win. ;)

Anyway for the Rangers. :bow: :clap: :)