HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Broken Ankle For Ward (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24757)

gohabsgo2010 11-01-2003 06:12 PM

Broken Ankle For Ward

Jason Ward is out with a broken ankle as per the CJAD Post Game show. Indefinitely.

Of all people, one of our hardest working, hardest skating forwards has to go down. I guess Jason's traditionally slow starts will be even slower now.

SuperUnknown 11-01-2003 06:24 PM

He's injury prone...

DEBASER 11-01-2003 06:31 PM

any word how long he will be out? i was about to get excited about the possibility of a prospect like higgins or plekanek being called up in his place, but then i remembered that we have a fleet of veteran forwards. kilger will likely get called up in his place.

hope he heals soon. i thought he did a great job on the fourth line with begin, providing energy and hits.

gohabsgo2010 11-01-2003 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
He's injury prone...

Yes, but there's not much Jason could have done in this case. He took an extremely hard Vladimir Malakhov point shot square on the ankle. In fact, I commend Ward for showing some desire out there. He went to block the shot, and in doing so "took one for the team. Unfortunately, he payed the price for being the kind of warrior this team needs. If we had everyone playing on the same page ; sacrificing their body and blocking pucks at will, we would a much different hockey club.

Habsolution 11-01-2003 06:38 PM

Indeed jl.roberts... indeed

The worst about it is that it means Audette stays indefinately.

Munchausen 11-01-2003 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
The worst about it is that it means Audette stays indefinately.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYY JEBUS?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! :D

SuperUnknown 11-01-2003 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Yes, but there's not much Jason could have done in this case. He took an extremely hard Vladimir Malakhov point shot square on the ankle. In fact, I commend Ward for showing some desire out there. He went to block the shot, and in doing so "took one for the team. Unfortunately, he payed the price for being the kind of warrior this team needs. If we had everyone playing on the same page ; sacrificing their body and blocking pucks at will, we would a much different hockey club.

I know, but he has about broken every bone in his body. Not everyone has the same bone density. That said, it's not his fault... :)

theo6060 11-01-2003 07:04 PM

Well this night just seems to get better... Thanks for the update, albeit not one I wanted to hear.

turnbuckle* 11-01-2003 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
I know, but he has about broken every bone in his body. Not everyone has the same bone density. That said, it's not his fault... :)

I guess not!! Hit flush between the eyes by a puck on the bench three seasons ago....cracked by a Malakhov slapshot on the ankle tonight. Sheer coincidences. Just like Ward's three high sticks (it was Audette who clipped Tie Domi, Mr. Neale), all in one night agsinst Tranna. I must say Wardo has not has the best luck during his NHL career. He should have had two assists on terrific setups earlier in the game to Begin and Ribeiro.

CrAzYNiNe 11-01-2003 07:38 PM

HOLY MOTHER ****ER

I was playing a game, and he was out in the 10th game with a broken ankle

Holy ****, that is eerie

Nyclaus 11-01-2003 08:35 PM

come on give the guy a break... You guys are even worst than Houde when he said that it was probably just a numbed nerve.....

Give the guy a friggin' break, he was limping home under a hell of a lot of pain....he's not injury prone, it's just like that!

**it happens fellows!

SpezNc 11-01-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyclaus
come on give the guy a break... You guys are even worst than Houde when he said that it was probably just a numbed nerve.....

Give the guy a friggin' break, he was limping home under a hell of a lot of pain....he's not injury prone, it's just like that!

**it happens fellows!

I think that Ward a more unlucky than injury prone...

I'm very dissapointed.... Everytime, he getting recognizion in the nhl, a bad luck happens to him... :shakehead

Habsolution 11-01-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYY JEBUS?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! :D

Look at the bright side

Audette improves our chances by that much

to get Ovechkin

CHareth 11-02-2003 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts

I miss Guy Carbonneau!! :cry:

Boutmania 11-02-2003 05:18 AM

He's out for 2 months.

RDS.ca

Lewis63 11-02-2003 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon
I miss Guy Carbonneau!! :cry:

Guy! Guy! Guy! Guy! Guy! Guy!

danboulie 11-02-2003 10:55 AM

That's it, I've had enough!

I'm buying the biggest shoe I can find, and I'm squishing that damn injury bug!