HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bob Miller and Pirnes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24770)

LA's Ice Man 11-01-2003 07:31 PM

Bob Miller and Pirnes

Sorry if its been posted already, but Bob Miller mispronounced Pirnes last name. He pronounced it Esa Penis..... I have the stomach flu for the past 2 days. Thrown up all day and night and I am realy , really sore. I was laughing so much tears were coming down ....

LuckyLUC20 11-01-2003 08:09 PM

Haha, I missed that. :lol:

Even Hall of Famers can't always be perfect...LOL

Vin Scully pronounced Hideo Nomo's last name, "H.omo" during a game... I was laughing my a$$ off! He did it a couple more times after that.

It's okay, Bob... we still love you. :yo: :joker: :bow:

IGM 11-02-2003 06:53 AM

I just caught that while watching the tape of the game. (always watch the tape after the game. I think you miss allot of the subtle nuances by watching in person and visa versa)

The funny thing is that a few times this season my wife and I have invited some of her girl freinds from work and every game one of them will be talking fast and call the guy penis. It goes to show you that even the best in the bus can make a mistake once in awhile. What was reaaaaaallly on Bobs mind??????

Childish, but funny.

Capn Brown 11-02-2003 08:14 AM

Yeah, it was 2 and a half minutes into the 2nd period. Bob was calling the game (as usual) then all of a sudden the puck came to Pirnes. "Now, Esa Peeeni....." and he couldn't really finish because he knew what he had done. For the next two minutes or so, you could tell Bob was fighting back his own laughter in an effort to call the game. Of course, Foxy could have jumped in any time to help his partner out, but thought it a more entertaining strategem to let Bob Miller suffer. LoL!

Spiffy 11-02-2003 09:27 AM

How has Pirnes done this far in general? Is he standing out? :D

LuckyLUC20 11-02-2003 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffy

I like Pirnes... he's been really good on the 4th line. I really like our 4th line with Pirnes, Cammalleri and Sim. Pirnes is getting some good chances... he's had 2 penalty shots already this season...lol... of course he missed on both, but hey, he's getting the chances! hehe... he works hard and I think he's a perfect fit on the 4th line.

SierraHotel 11-02-2003 04:17 PM

I remember last year when darren pang call the mighty ducks the the mighty dicks.

Goallum 11-02-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
Of course, Foxy could have jumped in any time to help his partner out, but thought it a more entertaining strategem to let Bob Miller suffer. LoL!

No he couldn't, as he was rolling on the floor from laughter. :p

Kings Fanatic 11-03-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffy

Yes he has been very stand up. His play has been solid and the hard work has been there. I think it is premature to gauge his play though he does seem to have the staying power needed. He just needs to get it in and score a bit more.

B-MEL 11-03-2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
Yes he has been very stand up. His play has been solid and the hard work has been there. I think it is premature to gauge his play though he does seem to have the staying power needed. He just needs to get it in and score a bit more.

Now this is FUNNY!!!

jfont 11-03-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic

heheheheheh...he said score...heheheheheh....

LuckyLUC20 11-03-2003 12:19 PM

Settle down, children. :joker: