HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Avs win 1st round, 50 saves by Theo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247700)

Clumsyhab 04-30-2006 04:34 PM

OT: Avs win 1st round, 50 saves by Theo

Biggest surprise so far in the playoffs. Theo finally back with 50 saves on 52 shots in the game :eek:

CrazyShea 04-30-2006 04:35 PM

Theo stole this agme for the avs lets just hope the 7th seed can knock off the #2 seed in the east as well
GO HABS GO :handclap: :handclap:

Slick Nick 04-30-2006 04:35 PM

watch the 110% "experts" go nuts tonight...

Whitesnake 04-30-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Biggest surprise so far in the playoffs. Theo finally back with 50 saves on 52 shots in the game :eek:

Tremendous game by him, I guess the AVS board won't see any troll soon.....

Don't tell him, but I think a saw a glimpse of the old Theo out there.... ;)

Even sitting Turgeon was a non-factor tonight. Theo and Sakic did it all!

Habsfan18 04-30-2006 04:37 PM

great game by the Avs and Theo :clap: :clap:

SPARTAKUS* 04-30-2006 04:37 PM

YEAH BABY!!!! Jose Theodore the giant killer. Theo is back watch out

for the Avs in the west.

CrAzYNiNe 04-30-2006 04:41 PM

What are you talking about did you watch the game?
Dallas was shooting from the worst angles, like 35 of those shots were ****.

Theo is still ****

Whitesnake 04-30-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTSENS
YEAH BABY!!!! Jose Theodore the giant killer. Theo is back watch out

for the Avs in the west.

I'm sure you wished you had him right now..... ;)

NBHABSFAN 04-30-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe

Theo is still ****

Ya I agree he played awful in the series, but came up big tonight.

CrAzYNiNe 04-30-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
Ya I agree he played awful in the series, but came up big tonight.

letting in 2 soft goals?

He's lucky Turco played even more **** then him

Mules 04-30-2006 04:44 PM

Come on guys.. when was the last time a goalie had 50+ saves in the PO??

I am not complaining, he didn't play well in the first four but right now, he is THE MAN!

Whitesnake 04-30-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Theo is still ****

Come on now, you gotta to be careful with those comments, would you say that for the rest of the playoffs if he does better than expected. I agree that the first 3 games, I would've been in net and it would not have been that much of a difference. But the last 2, he was great, any idea of the scoring chances??? At least 20 for the first 3 periods, and at least 5 in the OT.

His legs are too fast to have become the worst goalie of the NHL, though the rest could still be questionable, you won't beat him down low except if he begins giving the 5-hole again, which he did once but wasn't scored on.

Give the guy the credit, I'm definately not his biggest fan, far from it, but he did steal that one. Now we'll see if we can have a goalie that can do that....

DRL 04-30-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

letting in 2 soft goals?

oh yeah weak goals on a breakaway by the leagues most deadliest breakaway expert and a guy who has a rocket release in the slot like guerin...it's posters like you who i wanted singled out in my other thread, enjoy watching theo in the next round :sarcasm:

Whitesnake 04-30-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

letting in 2 soft goals?

1- Breakaway by the king of the shootouts....

2- Again, Guerin all alone though he could've made that one but he was still against Guerin.....

And even though Huet gives 5 goals, if he's there when it counts, we still praise him. Just admit that Theo was there when it counted tonight. I'm not saying he'll win the MVP, I'm saying he was on his game TONIGHT!

CrAzYNiNe 04-30-2006 04:48 PM

Whatever, dallas played ****ing awful, no way Colorado wins another game from here on out

CrAzYNiNe 04-30-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
1- Breakaway by the king of the shootouts....

2- Again, Guerin all alone though he could've made that one but he was still against Guerin.....

And even though Huet gives 5 goals, if he's there when it counts, we still praise him. Just admit that Theo was there when it counted tonight. I'm not saying he'll win the MVP, I'm saying he was on his game TONIGHT!

Since when has Theo ever had a problem stopping Guerin? Breakways is more often stopped then scored on, so ya I stick by my original assumption

zurg999 04-30-2006 04:52 PM

What a ridiculous thread. Theo played like crap in this series.

GoneAway 04-30-2006 04:53 PM

I watched the whole game and Theo looked quite shaky. He's still fighting the puck, he doesnt seem very confident out there.
And as one posted noted, the Stars were shooting from everywhere.

But whatever, 50 saves are 50 saves.

They can still keep him

NewGuy 04-30-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mules
Come on guys.. when was the last time a goalie had 50+ saves in the PO??

I am not complaining, he didn't play well in the first four but right now, he is THE MAN!

Esche in game 1 against Buffalo.

Bruinster* 04-30-2006 04:56 PM

The funny thins is Now Theo is a Av's he stop 50 of 52 shot But RDS didn't give him a star :biglaugh:

But when he was a Habs even after a easy win he was everytime on of the 3 star and most of the time the first one !!! :biglaugh:

BobbyFischer* 04-30-2006 04:57 PM

Theo was always dynamite for us in the 1st round.

It's the 2nd round where he chokes.

:)

SPARTAKUS* 04-30-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

letting in 2 soft goals?

Don't give a ****.....bottom line Theo is going to the next round. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Whitesnake 04-30-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
What a ridiculous thread. Theo played like crap in this series.

The thread would've been stupid if we were talking how good he was DURING THIS SERIES. We just acknowledged that he had a great game, while most of us, and I may include myself in there, thought he would never have that kind of game before....Look at the AVS' roster, don't tell me they have a better team than us? Sure they have one of my favorite player of all time, but is Joe enough to say that they are far superior to us offensively. They were lucky enough to have the greatest choker of all-time in net against them, but still Theo made the saves that most of us thought he would never do.

Let's acknowledge the game, not the person and neither his capacity over the playoffs or even this whole series.....

CrAzYNiNe 04-30-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTSENS
Don't give a ****.....bottom line Theo is going to the next round. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

lol, this coming from a team that chokers? This will be your yaer, keep thinking that hahah

NJ will stomp your team

TheRocket 04-30-2006 04:59 PM

Somebody sometimes should watch actual games instead of making conclusions on statistic. He was average at best. He gave out too many juicy rebounds if it had been our defense we would have lost in regular time.
Thank God, Turco was terrible once again. What a terrible goaltending by him. What was he doing on the second goal? The first one was very soft too. He was scrambling on the ice like fish on hot plate.
Avs would lose in the next round.