HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dandenault?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247826)

waffledave 04-30-2006 10:37 PM

Dandenault??

If he played like this all year he'd be my favorite Hab!! Where'd he learn to hit like that? Eric Staal is having Matt Dandenault nightmares tonight!

znk 04-30-2006 10:38 PM

Hard to disagree with that post.

At one point in the season he was my least favorite player. I couldnt smell him and all his delay of game penalties.

Mike8 04-30-2006 10:42 PM

He's being used properly. Finally.

znk 04-30-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
He's being used properly. Finally.

Nothing prevented him from dishing out hits and playing sollid defense. Yes he was held back offensively but it dosent explain everything.

Native 04-30-2006 10:51 PM

Dandy has really stepped it up since the beginning of March. It took him some time to adjust and feel comfortable and I agree he's being better utilized. I think he mentioned one time that it was hard to adjust from man-to-man (that he was used to playing) to zone coverage.

Markimark 04-30-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Nothing prevented him from dishing out hits and playing sollid defense. Yes he was held back offensively but it dosent explain everything.

Why has it taken him all year to show up? Where were the big hits all year long and he still has problems making a pass out of his own end.

Mike8 04-30-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk

No, not everything. But to me, he's playing with confidence.

It was said earlier that Rick Green had told Komisarek to play less physical. It wouldn't surprise me if the defense as a whole were told to play thinking of D-first, physical play second. Notice most of Dandenault's hits have an element of risk to them; he's skating fast, if he doesn't catch his man with the hit then he's exposed. This seems like the type of style that didn't sit well under prior coaching.

When Gainey took over, Dandenault's minutes were limited, and he began using his speed more. He was given more reign to skate, even on the forecheck, and pinch in. That's really Dandenault's game.

Now he's stepping up and proving to have a good deal of character and some thickness to his frame. He hasn't been good exclusively in these playoffs--he was very good down the stretch as well.

I maintain his contract's hefty, but he's stepping up his game the way a winner does. I like that Gainey's management team was proven right in identifying a winner that many (myself included) questioned.

Please note: his game is not flawless. He's not a top defenseman. Not even on Montreal the way he's playing now. But he is playing very solid hockey, and I think his & Bouillon's speed will continue to be assets as the team faces a trapping Carolina team.

Raskolnikov76 05-01-2006 12:54 AM

I think that in the playoffs so far he's been our best defenseman. His experience in Detroit really shows, in the playoffs you need to raise your play, to bring your best game. He's calm and he hits like i never expected him to. When we sign him this summer, it was mainly because he had lots of playoffs experience with the Wings and he is a local boy and so far he's delivering so :handclap: :handclap: to the guy.

NewHabsEra* 05-01-2006 03:39 AM

Dandeneault is playing absoluly great.

Joe Cole 05-01-2006 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=Raskolnikov76]I think that in the playoffs so far he's been our best defenseman. His experience in Detroit really shows, in the playoffs you need to raise your play, to bring your best game. QUOTE]

Bingo!

Do you see him barking orders at the face off? I am 100% certain that he is telling the players, "If you want to win... you have to play like there is not tommorrow."

I am not one of those who though he sucked all year. But, without question, he has stepped it up 2 notches in the playoffs.

ti-vite 05-01-2006 07:27 AM

A bunch of his hits were aimed at Recchi...mr 'If you cough on me I will jump into the air like someone hooked me' Recchi. I don't think Dandy likes that.