HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nhl Draft Sticky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=247954)

Rise from the Ashes 05-01-2006 01:04 PM

Nhl Draft Sticky

can you please make one so we could discuss?

Matrix 05-01-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
can you please make one so we could discuss?

I agree, I love that period so much, that I think we already begun talking about it for the past 2 months now, so there's threads everywhere now but no sticky so far....PLEASE MAKE ONE!

I know it's not the time to think about that but making a sticky is absolutely appropriate for weeks to come.

Wishart or Grabner or Fiala or Vishnevski or Giroux or Berglund or Alexandrov or trade Aebi to Phoenix (since Cujo is near the end) to get Brassard :D

Rise from the Ashes 05-01-2006 01:21 PM

Im quite sure we are going to trade for another pick, or trade up with a package including Aebischer or Zednik.

cjbhab 05-01-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Im quite sure we are going to trade for another pick, or trade up with a package including Aebischer or Zednik.

I really like Zednik .... I don't know why nobody likes him .. and we only trade aebischer if huet is signed.

Dan K 05-01-2006 01:43 PM

Seems to me Williams could *conceivably* slip down to our pick.

I'd take him if he does. He's my man.

JMMR 05-01-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Seems to me Williams could *conceivably* slip down to our pick.

I'd take him if he does. He's my man.

Nigel?

I have heard very little anyone like him?

GoneAway 05-01-2006 01:51 PM

someone PM a mod for this to get stickied

CareyClutch 05-01-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

for the long time..i put my money on Aebi...younger..more experience in the nhl..and cheaper( the guys still RFA..huet gonna ask the big money)

larue* 05-01-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans
for the long time..i put my money on Aebi...younger..more experience in the nhl..and cheaper( the guys still RFA..huet gonna ask the big money)

Huet wont ask but his greedy agent will :madfire:

Freaky Habs Fan 05-01-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans

He's only two years younger...
He will have a bigger salary
More experience...but not THAT much at this point

And for Zednik, he's not playing like before his injury so if we can get something good for him, I would let him go.

I also think that we might move in the draft. After the top 10, there's isn't many interesting players so with our depht, I could see a trade happen...

Wishart will fall big time in the draft so forget him. If we draft a defenceman, we should think about a guy who's almost a sure bet to do something in the NHL.

IMO, to really know if we will move up or down, we will have to wait till the draft because who knows, maybe Frolik will fall and would be close from our reach. He's not a sure bet, but we have the prospect to take another risk ala Kostitsyn...

But if nobody that we want isn't available at our spot, we should just trade down because this is not a really good draft...

Trade up if a guy like Frolik or Sheppard fall...lose a prospect and a pick(2nd or 3rd)
Trade down for a later pick in the first and get another 2nd if everything goes at it should in the mock draft...

Well, that's it for now...:D

Blind Gardien 05-01-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR
Nigel?

I have heard very little anyone like him?

He seems to be one of those really polarizing guys. You have some publications putting him into top-10 consideration. And then other people who don't believe he'll make it. I only saw his brief cameo in the WU-18. Which didn't help at all, since he just made a bad play and then sat on the bench. But it was definitely worrisome to note that Team USA had 6 defensemen they preferred to put on the ice all tournament long.

It sort of sounds like Williams has some of the tools to become a Komisarek-like defense prospect, if he puts it all together. But that he's more raw at his age than Komisarek was, and hence a bit of risk enters into it. One thing seems certain, though, NHL scouts don't usually downgrade a big strong defenseman too much. So I can readily believe that he'll go early enough that we ought to be considering him in our discussions, at least.

digitalmonkey* 05-01-2006 02:15 PM

Oh, some of you don't want to talk about potential free agent signings because the Habs are still playing, but discussing the draft is okay. Seriously, if some of you weren't so ridiculous it would be funny.

Blind Gardien 05-01-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Wishart will fall big time in the draft so forget him. If we draft a defenceman, we should think about a guy who's almost a sure bet to do something in the NHL.

I don't think I'd go along with that based just on one quote from an ISS scout watching 1 tournament. Wishart certainly looked awkward at the WU-18, but I'm sure scouts have been watching his progress throughout the WHL season too. He was arguably the best defenseman in the Top Prospects game. He tested well in the skills competitions. He was captain for Team Canada, which suggests some intangible pluses. He has good size and good numbers, and again, it's not typical for NHL scouts to let big defensemen "fall big time", no matter how gangly or awkward they look. If Sasha Pokulok can go top-15, then so can Wishart. I think he's another guy we need to be talking about as a candidate.

GoneAway 05-01-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Oh, some of you don't want to talk about potential free agent signings because the Habs are still playing, but discussing the draft is okay. Seriously, if some of you weren't so ridiculous it would be funny.

If you don't like it, go away

Freaky Habs Fan 05-01-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I don't think I'd go along with that based just on one quote from an ISS scout watching 1 tournament. Wishart certainly looked awkward at the WU-18, but I'm sure scouts have been watching his progress throughout the WHL season too. He was arguably the best defenseman in the Top Prospects game. He tested well in the skills competitions. He was captain for Team Canada, which suggests some intangible pluses. He has good size and good numbers, and again, it's not typical for NHL scouts to let big defensemen "fall big time", no matter how gangly or awkward they look. If Sasha Pokulok can go top-15, then so can Wishart. I think he's another guy we need to be talking about as a candidate.

Well, you have a point there...but I still think that he will fall a litle bit(Big time was too much...sorry ;)). Sanguineti, Johnson and maybe even Williams might go before him, and Bernier will most likely go in the top 15, and between those player, many fowards will be drafted before Wishart...that's how I see it because it's really a bad draft if you want a defenceman.

Too bad because that's what we need the most at this point...I think there will be a couple of good gamble in the second round like Vishnevski and Alexandrov so if we trade down, we could draft a couple of good defenceman...that would be nice!

And do any of you saw Giroux play? He seems to be pretty interesting...

Blind Gardien 05-01-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
And do any of you saw Giroux play? He seems to be pretty interesting...

Giroux is really shifty and creative, I wish I was still in Hull, he would be a fun one to watch more regularly. Some of what he does reminds me of Briere, but the big difference is speed. While Briere is speedy, Giroux only looks speedy. He tested quite poorly at the Prospects game, and wasn't much of a factor in the game, which was quite a departure from the times I saw him for the Olympiques. :dunno: Anyway, I think he's the kind of guy you have to leave until the 2nd round, even if you like him a lot. It seems likely that's his best-case NHL draft destiny, and if somebody else likes him even more than that, well, it's better for them to take the risk. :dunno: Since we don't really have a huge need for smaller offensive guys in our organisation, I definitely wouldn't be the one to reach for him. But on the other hand, if he starts to fall through to the 3rd round, maybe you overlook that completely. 2nd round... tough call depending on who else is sitting there. :dunno:

Sure would be nice to have a couple of extra 2nd rounders sitting around this year... which brings me back again to the idea that trading down from 16th to 21st to 26th and picking up a couple of extra picks along the way might not be a bad philosophy this time out. Atlanta and Philly did it. Atlanta moved from 8 to 16, and got the #41, 49, and 207 picks along the way. And still got the guy they wanted, Bourret. If we could do something similar, say, 16th to 26th, maybe instead of Wishart we're looking at Mitera or McBain or something (if it's D), and get a couple of wildcard 2nds for a Giroux and Vishnevski to throw on top of it, well, that'd be a great move. If it's there. Maybe this year it won't be.

digitalmonkey* 05-01-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordchezz
If you don't like it, go away

Change your avatar. It offends me.

GoneAway 05-01-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Change your avatar. It offends me.

You make no sense whatsoever

KBstyle 05-01-2006 03:03 PM

I hope the BPA won't be Bernier :shakehead

digitalmonkey* 05-01-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordchezz
You make no sense whatsoever

That is because you make random comments to people and don't realize who they are when they respond back at you at a later date.

Rise from the Ashes 05-01-2006 03:12 PM

The Canadiens arent going to make any risky picks in the 1st round, believe me we already have our projects. I highly doubt we take Vishnevsky in the 1st round, one guy who is intriguing is David Ruzicka.

Matrix 05-01-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

That is because you make random comments to people and don't realize who they are when they respond back at you at a later date.

The major point of that thread is to make it sticky.....We're gonna write in it until somebody do it....

As far as talking about draft versus free agency, well draft, they have no choice but to come here, free agency, it's a little more complicated.... :D

KBstyle 05-01-2006 03:23 PM

The the BPA avaible and pick the D in the other round.

Jonas Ahnelov
Yuri Alexandrov
Timo Seppanen
David Ruzicka
Jonas Junland
Ivan Vishnevski
Mike Weber
Jeff Petry

You pick one of thesse D in the second and try to pick 1 or 2 other D in the draft.

GoneAway 05-01-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

I know you told me my avatar was offensive in the GTD yesterday out of the blue, but you never bothered explaining to me why it was...

But beyond that buddy, I have absolutely no beef with you

Nielson81 05-01-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

The Canadiens arent going to make any risky picks in the 1st round, believe me we already have our projects. I highly doubt we take Vishnevsky in the 1st round, one guy who is intriguing is David Ruzicka.

NO Ruzicka in the first round.

He may be available in the 2nd round, so I say don't take him in round 1.