HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Francois Beauchemin offical monster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=248117)

Artyukhin* 05-01-2006 10:18 PM

Francois Beauchemin offical monster

if your not watchin the cal vs anh game

Iggy wants to fight Beauchemin after Beauchemin takes him into
the board.

both agree both take off the helmets size up each other and wham
Beauchemin drops iggy with 1 punnch ... iggy gets up to his credit but man Beauchemin ever clock him good

he is the real deal 2 g 3 asst

this thread isnt to start why he isnt here anymore but im telling you i just hope we can sign him as a free agent when it comes time

:) :) :)

Le Tricolore 05-01-2006 10:22 PM

That was one hell of a nice punch by Beauchemin.

Habbadasher 05-01-2006 10:31 PM

Iggy is one tough dude, for Francois to do that, well, he has my respect.

deandebean 05-01-2006 10:33 PM

Not to make it a: why did he leave post, but what did we get for him?

Joey 05-01-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
Not to make it a: why did he leave post, but what did we get for him?

Lost him on waivers. He was also included in the Federov deal.

No Beauchemin, no Federov...

But yaaaay.. cap space..!....

;)

Kerberos* 05-01-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey
Lost him on waivers. He was also included in the Federov deal.

No Beauchemin, no Federov...

But yaaaay.. cap space..!....

;)

At least Mark Streit more than makes up for this loss... :sarcasm:

CareyClutch 05-01-2006 10:54 PM

cant believe we lost this guys to the waivers....lets talk about bad evaluating...

Bronn 05-01-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
At least Mark Streit more than makes up for this loss... :sarcasm:

I prefer Todd Simpson...........

:sarcasm:

NewGuy 05-01-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans
cant believe we lost this guys to the waivers....lets talk about bad evaluating...

I don't think the Habs gave up on him at all. They were trying to get him down to the minors so he could play during the lockout. Unfortunately instead of having him sign directly with Hamilton, which a lot of teams did with their waiver eligible players, they tried to send him through waivers and he was picked up. A mistake by Gainey but water under the bridge at this point.

Team_Spirit 05-02-2006 01:06 AM

What about Fernando Pisani , who scored twice tonight and has 5 goals in the playoffs so far .

Both of them played with Hamilton in 03-04 . MA Bergeron was there too

NewHabsEra* 05-02-2006 01:57 AM

I dont want to make my head bigger than it already is but... I told you so.... :sarcasm:

Everyone was thinking I had jumped the gun but, you should have listened at me once again... After Plekanec then Beauchemin... 2 solid not well known prospects at the time that I had advertised you would become solid NHLers.. The saddest thing is the fact Beauchemin is a Quebecer.. A solid charactere top 4 defenseman playing a great all around game with alot of emotion and intensity I was saying.. At the time I had compared Beauchemin to Matt Schneider. He plays the game like Dandeneault actually does with the offensive edge Dandy hasnt.

VirginiaMtlExpat 05-02-2006 04:35 AM

Some of it stems from playing with Niedermayer, but Beauchemin certainly looks like a solid NHLer. The Habs cannot afford to keep making mistakes like this. Anaheim's turnaround seems to coincide with that Fedorov trade, although it could have as much to do with Andy Mac's emergence, as that trade.

Fozz 05-02-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
I dont want to make my head bigger than it already is but... I told you so.... :sarcasm:

Everyone was thinking I had jumped the gun but, you should have listened at me once again... After Plekanec then Beauchemin... 2 solid not well known prospects at the time that I had advertised you would become solid NHLers.. The saddest thing is the fact Beauchemin is a Quebecer.. A solid charactere top 4 defenseman playing a great all around game with alot of emotion and intensity I was saying.. At the time I had compared Beauchemin to Matt Schneider. He plays the game like Dandeneault actually does with the offensive edge Dandy hasnt.

What a pathetic, self-promoting post. :shakehead

You say so many things that some of them are bound to happen... Doesn't make you an expert by any mean.

jester099 05-02-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
What about Fernando Pisani , who scored twice tonight and has 5 goals in the playoffs so far .

Both of them played with Hamilton in 03-04 . MA Bergeron was there too

Pisani always was an Oilers. Both team had their farm at Hamilton.

Pisani is something else. Got in the NHL at about 27, and now he's a great grinder... fast, physical. It took forever to get their, but gosh does he fit in well in Edmonton...

Kafka 05-02-2006 08:40 AM

François Beauchemin

I wish I could bring back a thread that was on this board the day we lost Beauchemin on waivers, near two years ago (September 13th 2004). I remember posters stating: there is no room for him on our roster anyway... Hainsey is our 5th D-man, Bouillon our 7th and we will sign an UFA.....

You don't need to state on this thread that you agree and that you were wrong.... but just remember it.

Beauchemin has a huge shot.... something Habs have to rely on to hit the net against Carolina since Laviolette's system consist in blocking plays in the slot.

Ok, I found some quotes form the archives:
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-80433.html

Additionnaly, you will find two threads on Beauchemin on this page: http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/f-16-p-24.html

In that thread, most of you felt he had a good potential... go see it by yourself... I only place here some funny answers and deleted the nick of people who may feel they were wrong. ;)

Reaper4505-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Quick question for you guys.

What is the value of Francois Beauchemin? Is he an NHL caliber d-man? 5-6 guy?
Career AHL'er?

05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
He was exposed in the waiver draft last year if my memory serve me right.
That tells you his value.

Rahan05-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Goes to show you how many of you actually know something about our prospects, or have seen them play. Beauchemin is the best defenseman prospect we have after Komisarek, in term of development. Hainsey has a bigger upside, but that's another story. Beauchemin could be a 6th defenseman IMO, and could be a good one. I guess "montreal" doesn't post enough about Beauchemin for him to get any respect.

05-26-2004, 10:10 PM
This is more of a reflection of our defensive depth than Beauchemin's abilities. He will never see the NHL, unless its expansion. If he can't knock Bouillon from the NHL depth chart, he's done.
montreal05-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Beauchemin isn't a prospect by HF standards, he's played in over 250 professional games (AHL/ECHL) and he's 24. But he's been the dogs top defensemen in the last 2 years, although he's only gotten to play in 1 game for the Habs, which is hard to figure since he's been solid in Hamilton.

For Beauchemin to be a 6th, he'll have to beat out Bouillon. I'd be all for it, but Julien seems to have a thing for the Cube. I'd love to see them rotate the 2 guys next year to see who does better, but I just dont see them doing that. Plus there's Hainsey, who seems to always have a good camp, so it's not going to be easy for Beauchemin to make the Habs.

montreal, damn you were right... Gainey should hire you... we have no scout in Quebec! ;)

Habs4Life 05-02-2006 08:46 AM

I always like Beauchemin and thought he would be a good 3rd pairing defenceman... Alot of people expected Hainsey to step up, but he didn't.

It's to bad, he's now a top defenceman with about 30 points in 60 games

Matrix 05-02-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
I wish I could bring back a thread that was on this board the day we lost Beauchemin on waivers, near two years ago (September 13th 2004). I remember posters stating: there is no room for him on our roster anyway... Hainsey is our 5th D-man, Bouillon our 7th and we will sign an UFA.....

You don't need to state on this thread that you agree and that you were wrong.... but just remember it.

Beauchemin has a huge shot.... something Habs have to rely on to hit the net against Carolina since Laviolette's system consist in blocking plays in the ****.

I said that too, ......but I also said that the Hossa-Murray was a bad trade..... I'm saying that we didn't get enough for Theo 'cause Lacroix wanted him so much for 3 years now....but I also said that Perreault would never score a single goal even in front of empty nets.....and I was mad with the Garon trade,etc.....I always liked Beauchemin for the few games that I saw him play and didn't like losing him, the same way I thought that it was sad to see Ward go 'cause I thought he would have done a better job than Sundstrom.....

Win some, lose some, I just hoped that one day, some people here will acknowledge that Gainey does great things but makes mistakes as well....he'll then sound a little more human.....

Habeas Corpus 05-02-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz
What a pathetic, self-promoting post. :shakehead

You say so many things that some of them are bound to happen... Doesn't make you an expert by any mean.

Yes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

- I love that saying. :D

Habs 4 Life 05-02-2006 09:16 AM

Congrats to Beauchemin he his really playing well.He has a good shot and he plays better defence then Souray :shakehead

Dudeski 05-02-2006 09:18 AM

i also remember you going on about how perreault was an AHL player at best...

Habs 4 Life 05-02-2006 09:18 AM

Montreal Canadiens Defence should be right now

Rivet-Komisarek
Bouillon-Beauchemin
Markov -Brett Clark remember him?
Dandeneault plays forward and souray is the extra d

417 05-02-2006 09:18 AM

I've always thought Beauchemin was > Bouillon.

And during his time here, it was Bouillon who was always his direct competition. But I never though Beauchemin was given a fair shot, at least not the same opportunity Bouillon got. I still remember Beauchemin's one and only game for the Habs vs. the Avalanche, he was paired with Bouillon too. I really liked him in that game, he showed a willingless to get physical and was pretty decent. Plus he looked great in the AHL, both offensively and defensively.

You win some, you lose some :dunno: Bouillon has been solid this year, so I won't complain.

jester099 05-02-2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
Montreal Canadiens Defence should be right now

Rivet-Komisarek
Bouillon-Beauchemin
Markov -Brett Clark remember him?
Dandeneault plays forward and souray is the extra d

Don't forget Pat Brisebois

The n00b King ©* 05-02-2006 09:22 AM

we have to remember that Beauchemin was "dumped" along for Federov. He was also paired up with Scott Niedermayer, which is a better d-man then any guy on our roster. So im guessing he learned quite a lot from him.

That said, i think we lost him because there must of been something that upper management didnt like about him. I doubt Savard would of accepted letting him go for nothing if he felt there was anything worth keeping in him.

But i agree that if he learned everything he knows today and it wasnt because of Niedermayer, then i say we could definitely use a guy like that on our roster...

Tuggy 05-02-2006 09:24 AM

So is Beauchemin the new "circle jerk what could of been if I had a time machine ex hab player of the week"?