HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best quote of the day (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=248179)

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:08 AM

Best quote of the day

François Gagnon on 110%: Ryder is the most useless 30 goals/year scorer in history of hockey.

Totally agree.

*this thread has 2 purposes. One, I definitly think Ryder is useless. Two, every time I start a rant against a player he comes up huge the folowing game. :innocent:

Clumsyhab 05-02-2006 12:12 AM

I kinda agree on that one too. I can't beleive I bought his shirt 2 years ago (I liked him at that time tho).

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:14 AM

You people here hate defensive players, you hate offensive players also. So you want a team of players who are perfect offensive players who are equally skilled on defense? Welcome to big disapointments

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
You people here hate defensive players, you hate offensive players also. So you want a team of players who are perfect offensive players who are equally skilled on defense? Welcome to big disapointments

Tell me one thing other than shooting about Ryder. I'd rather have a 25 goal scorer with a minimum of passing/physical/defensive skills .. He has none.. I don't want him back on this team.

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Tell me one thing other than shooting about Ryder. I'd rather have a 25 goal scorer with a minimum of passing/physical/defensive skills .. He has none.. I don't want him back on this team.

Who are you going to put in his place? Kost? Perez? Bulis? Find someone to replace then talk about how bad he is. Intill someone can replace him, he sure is the best we got.

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

Who are you going to put in his place? Kost? Perez? Bulis? Find someone to replace then talk about how bad he is. Intill someone can replace him, he sure is the best we got.

Any of the three!

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Any of the three!

Really, stay far away from the bench please. Perezhogin shows up sometimes(been playing great in the playoff though) Kost really better then Ryder, you must not of read anything on his scouting report, will turn out to be a lot like Ryder. Bulis is not only playing **** now, but is not any better then Ryder

Bill McNeal 05-02-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Exactly. This thread should be re-titled the 'most retarded quote of the day.' Not only does it show a lack of knowledge with regards to hockey history, but it shows the bi-polar attitude of people in this town and fans of this team in general.

Ryder goes from hero to useless in 2 years when he actually improves his goal production. And if you think he was much better defensively in his rookie season, you're kidding yourself. He is what he is, and I for one am glad that we have at least one player who can pot goals. He's one of our few forwards that doesn't fit under the description of "smallish, defensive-oriented with limited offensive abilities."

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:28 AM

Quote:

Really, stay far away from the bench please. Perezhogin shows up sometimes(been playing great in the playoff though) Kost really better then Ryder, you must not of read anything on his scouting report, will turn out to be a lot like Ryder. Bulis is not only playing **** now, but is not any better then Ryder

Bulis and Kost are both a million times better than Ryder as hockey players... Stop reading start watching.

Ryder is as good as Dagenais is... Me shoot puck. The other two can at least pass the puck...

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albino
Exactly. This thread should be re-titled the 'most retarded quote of the day.' Not only does it show a lack of knowledge with regards to hockey history, but it shows the bi-polar attitude of people in this town and fans of this team in general.

Ryder goes from hero to useless in 2 years when he actually improves his goal production. And if you think he was much better defensively in his rookie season, you're kidding yourself. He is what he is, and I for one am glad that we have at least one player who can pot goals. He's one of our few forwards that doesn't fit under the description of "smallish, defensive-oriented with limited offensive abilities."

Thank you, I feel so alone on these boards sometime. People have terrible memories really. Ryder was one of our worst defensive players in 03-04 and now he's a lot better. Sure I wouldn't play him on the pk, BUT THAT ISN'T HIS JOB. We have a lot of problems scoring, so we play scorers. Wow what a weird concept?

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:30 AM

Quote:

Tell me the difference between Dagenais and Ryder please... POint byt point.

Defense
Physical play
Passing

add everything you want. Prove me Ryder is a good player. Please do.

PLEASE.

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:30 AM

Quote:

Bulis and Kost are both a million times better than Ryder as hockey players... Stop reading start watching.

Ryder is as good as Dagenais is... Me shoot puck. The other two can at least pass the puck...

Ryder is as good as Dags, please tell me you are seriously exagerating, or you seriously have no sort of hockey concept. Ryder is as good as dags? who are you kidding, maybe yourself and that is about it.

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Ryder is as good as Dags, please tell me you are seriously exagerating, or you seriously have no sort of hockey concept. Ryder is as good as dags? who are you kidding, maybe yourself and that is about it.

It's a sad reality.

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Defense
Physical play
Passing
Defense

PLEASE.

How can you care about how he passes, WE NEED PLAYERS WHO CAN SHOOT THE PUCK?
His physical play isn't the best, but that isn't his style
His defence is so much better then Dags, to think you believe they are similar is ridiculous.
Ryder can skate circles around dags

Ok you don't want Ryder, take away his 30 goals, add to Kost lets say 15, cause I don't think anyone on the habs team would be OUR LEADING SCORER right off the bat

That is 15 less goals that we scored, so lets say 5-6 more losses, we miss the playoffs

Bill McNeal 05-02-2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Defense
Physical play
Passing

PLEASE.

Here's your answer: They both belong to the same organization and one is playing in the bigs while another is toiling away in the minors. That's all you need. Ryder has proven he can stay in the NHL, Dagenais won't get a sniff any time soon.

But I'm sure you'd much rather have a whole team of Jan Bulis'. They'd never win, but at least they'd only lose every game 1-0 right?

loudi94 05-02-2006 12:38 AM

Calgary is a team that would trade one of their valuable D for a guy like Ryder. Could be a win win for both teams. I like Ryder but he needs to bring more to the table than he currently does. Even being compared to Dags is a sign that things aren't right.

nikrag03* 05-02-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Defense
Physical play
Passing

PLEASE.

Defence: Ryder isnt good defensively but there is definitely the potential to improve. Why? he can skate welkl enough to backcheck and he will only iprove with time. Dagenais is hopeless on D cause we all kow he'd take like a whole minute to skate to the other end.

Physical play. Dagenias for a guy whos 6'5 doesnt hit at all. Ryder isnt overly physical but he can win some battles on the boards. Again i think this comes down to skating. because its not that ryder is a great skater.its that Dagenais cant, at all. And skating will help u in every department.

Passing.. Both not good passsres, but agani ryder can move and his passing will only improve.

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

How can you care about how he passes, WE NEED PLAYERS WHO CAN SHOOT THE PUCK?
His physical play isn't the best, but that isn't his style
His defence is so much better then Dags, to think you believe they are similar is ridiculous.
Ryder can skate circles around dags

Ok you don't want Ryder, take away his 30 goals, add to Kost lets say 15, cause I don't think anyone on the habs team would be OUR LEADING SCORER right off the bat

That is 15 less goals that we scored, so lets say 5-6 more losses, we miss the playoffs

:biglaugh: x 100

nevermind.

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Here's your answer: They both belong to the same organization and one is playing in the bigs while another is toiling away in the minors. That's all you need. Ryder has proven he can stay in the NHL, Dagenais won't get a sniff any time soon.

But I'm sure you'd much rather have a whole team of Jan Bulis'. They'd never win, but at least they'd only lose every game 1-0 right?

Ryder has been so effective so far... he's not the reason we lose every game by 1 goal... he's only spoiled every PP time that was given to him... But it's to Pleky and Zhogy to scroe with 2 mins a period on 5 on 5 time.

Ryder is useless.

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Ryder has been so effective so far... he's not the reason we lose every game by 1 goal... he's only spoiled every PP time that was given to him... But it's to Pleky and Zhogy to scroe with 2 mins a period on 5 on 5 time.

Ryder is useless.

Ya Ryder is the reason we suck on the PP, he scores most of our goals but blame him. You seem to blame everything on him. We get scored on when our PP is on the ice not him. He is not the one setting up the PP either, so how is it his fault. He is payed to put the puck in the net, and since he is our #1 goal scorer, again, how is it his fault?

Bill McNeal 05-02-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Ryder is useless.

:shakehead

I'm just glad you don't run this team.

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Ya Ryder is the reason we suck on the PP, he scores most of our goals but blame him. Seriously do you have brain deficiencies? You seem to blame everything on him. We get scored on when our PP is on the ice not him. He is not the one setting up the PP either, so how is it his fault. He is payed to put the puck in the net, and since he is our #1 goal scorer, again, how is it his fault?

16 playoff games... 3 goals, 4 passes... -7 hum...

Did you watch the last the games. Our first line looked as our fourth and Ryder on PP looked like a peewee... you have no hockey sense at all if you think Ryder has been around not bad in these series... he's been horrible in every aspect.. except for 10 minutes in game 2.

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

16 playoff games... 3 goals, 4 passes... -7 hum...

Did you watch the last the games. Our first line looked as our fourth and Ryder on PP looked like a peewee... you have no hockey sense at all if you think Ryder has been around not bad in these series... he's been horrible in every aspect.. except for 10 minutes in game 2.

Koivu was missing, you need someone to set him up. I never said he was the complete package. You have no sense for line pairing. You need a goal scorer, a playmaker and someone who does both, that is what makes out first line pretty powerful with Koivu. One piece missing, might as well not call it the first line anymore.

thats all his playoff, he was a rookie in the last one and this one he is 2-2-4 and -2 that isn't that bad. You are dilisional

Slick Nick 05-02-2006 12:59 AM

-2 is worst on this team. I don't care about the stat. He has been horrible in every game so far. And if you didn't see that, then you didn't watch the game.

Edit; someone earesed his post :)

CrAzYNiNe 05-02-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

-2 is worst on this team. I don't care about the stat. He has been horrible in every game so far. And if you didn't see that, then you didn't watch the game.

Whatever, youre going to see your dilusional vision. I trust gainey more then I do you.