HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Turco could be dealt (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=248282)

Starsdude 05-02-2006 08:47 AM

Turco could be dealt

Heika the well connected writer for Dallas suggests Turco can be dealt by July 1. Supposibly TB(St. Louis), Van(bertuzzi) Chi(Khabi) and Tor(Tucker+) may be interested. Hedberg could be resigned possibly. Not sure any scenario is a good one for the stars although a Tucker + a prime pick/Prospect and getting Khabi fora fin or two in adump may work. Stars supposibly fear a merry go round at goalie. Detroit is in the same position but Howard may be fairly close in goal IMO.

He also suggests Guerin may be kept as they are not too tight on the cap and they would have ton of flexibility in 07-08 if they kept him and that Arnott is likly gone.

Drake1588 05-02-2006 09:01 AM

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....1227c577.html

TomWaits 05-02-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588

going to be a very interesting off season but I can't see the leafs getting on board because they do not have the cap room unless some salary is eaten or goes back the other way. Although Turco in Toronto would solve alot of our problems. I'll keep dreaming but I doubt it will happen

TomWaits

BlueAndWhite 05-02-2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomWaits
going to be a very interesting off season but I can't see the leafs getting on board because they do not have the cap room unless some salary is eaten or goes back the other way. Although Turco in Toronto would solve alot of our problems. I'll keep dreaming but I doubt it will happen

TomWaits

The Leafs have plenty of cap room.

Starsdude 05-02-2006 09:32 AM

Tucker + what?

joepeps 05-02-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsdude
Tucker + what?

Parrot :sarcasm:

Hedberg 05-02-2006 09:41 AM

Vancouver would have no interest in Turco

Blane Youngblood 05-02-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg

I think Vancouver would be highly interested in Turco assuming the price was low enough. He would be the best goalie we've had in a while, even with his playoff problems.

Christ 05-02-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg

Why not? The goaltending in Vancouver has been far from stellar in recent years, one of the big reasons why this otherwise very strong hockey club has struggled in the playoffs or not made them at all. Turco would be a huge upgrade over Auld or Cloutier.

The only reason why I could see Vancouver having no interest in Turco would be if they have their sights set on someone else. Do you know something we don't in this regard?

Drake1588 05-02-2006 10:38 AM

Turco will be different things to different people. Contenders will look at his post-season record and numbers and shake their heads. Teams trying to make the playoffs, on the other hand, are not going to be so concerned about his playoff pedigree as much as they will focus on his regular season success. There will be a market if the Stars shop him.

Psycho Papa Joe 05-02-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsdude
Tucker + what?

Given Turco's contract you would be lucky if the what would amount to much.

Famous Flames 05-02-2006 11:23 AM

Would take Khabi for Turco in a second. I know it's a little more $, but he's much more solid than Turco.

Rotang 05-02-2006 11:45 AM

I believe Turco has a NTC

haven't heard/read anything that would suggest a willingness to waive it, which would certainly hinder any trade talks.

Also, the Stars don't have anyone in the pipeline that could immediately replace Turco (though I do think Mike Smith could make a decent 1a goalie someday). If the trade would resemble the Theodore deal, would Dallas want to take another struggling goalie in return? And what good is capspace if you don't have a goalie you can rely on? Especially for a team that is looking to retool and remain competitive.

I don't think Dallas is desperate to move Turco, and certainly wouldn't move him in a salary dump trade. I'm also not saying that he's worth any more than that. But more than likely, the Stars stick with him unless a team is willing to give up assets.

but that said, if support in Dallas continues to waiver then anything is possible. The media/fans are really ripping into Turco right now (though it should be noted, the organization appears to be behind him), we'll see once cooler heads prevail.

neelynugs 05-02-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadiggitystank

haven't heard/read anything that would suggest a willingness to waive it, which would certainly hinder any trade talks.

the NTC may not kick in until july 1 - i believe nabokov is in a similar spot. which means turco could easily be dealt during the draft, if that is indeed the case.

Psycho Papa Joe 05-02-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadiggitystank

haven't heard/read anything that would suggest a willingness to waive it, which would certainly hinder any trade talks. .

Given the negative reaction of people in Dallas, I wouldn't be suprised to see him waive it just to get out of town. It would give him the power to veto certain locations though.

Bergeron47 05-02-2006 11:55 AM

I dont see Dallas taking a chance on Khabibulin..

as for those other deals, I would have to think a goalie would need to be involved..

If they traded Turco, maybe they could pry Aebischer from Montreal if the Habs are confident in Huet..

But there's no chance Dallas will trade Turco until they could get a solid #1 goalie within 24 hours of the deal.

I dont think Khabi is solid anymore

Av-merican 05-02-2006 12:09 PM

How many teams are going to take a 3-time playoff underachiever who just got signed to a lucrative contract extension? And who then do the Stars get to replace him?

I don't think he'll get dealt.

blasted_Sabre 05-02-2006 12:14 PM

Turco will not be traded to Toronto for Tucker. Im predicting the Leafs are goign to take a chance with Cujo (who has expresses interest in returning) or Legace. They dont wanty Marty's big contract when they have other pressing concerns liek a number 1 D, and a couple wingers for Sundin.

Psycho Papa Joe 05-02-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre
Turco will not be traded to Toronto for Tucker. Im predicting the Leafs are goign to take a chance with Cujo (who has expresses interest in returning) or Legace. They dont wanty Marty's big contract when they have other pressing concerns liek a number 1 D, and a couple wingers for Sundin.

Roloson would also be a good option for the Leafs.

Darth Milbury 05-02-2006 12:41 PM

Without commenting on Turco and trades, I have to point out that the article on which this thread was based was purely speculative. the columnist was not saying that Turco was on the block or that the Stars were trying to move him, he was merely speculating about possible deals if Turco was somehow to be involved in a deal.

Personally, I'll predict (with no claims to inside information whatsoever) that, once the smoke clears, Stars pick themselves up and move forward with a few new additions to their already solid core.

AvsGuy 05-02-2006 01:19 PM

To Tampa Bay:

Marty Turco, 3rd round pick

To Dallas:

Frederik Modin, 2nd round pick

joepeps 05-02-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
To Tampa Bay:

To Dallas:

Turco and Jokinen
Luongo

:dunno:

CrazyCanucks 05-02-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jin
I think Vancouver would be highly interested in Turco assuming the price was low enough. He would be the best goalie we've had in a while, even with his playoff problems.

Uhh we already have 1 goalie like Turco, don't need to replace him with the same type of goalie. We need to find someone better than Clouts/Turco, as they are pretty much the same.

Clouts needs to be replaced. Can you imagine him next year in the playoffs, he hasn't really played in the playoffs since the 03 meltdown vs Minny

Timmy1973 05-02-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
To Tampa Bay:

To Dallas:

That's probably not far off but I don't think Tampa has a 2nd this year. That's what kind of handcuffed Jay Feaster at this year's deadline was he didn't have many picks to trade. Hell, we'll even throw in Sydor for free.

PecaFan 05-02-2006 07:08 PM

Turco appears to be Cloutier with a higher price tag. Put him in Vancouver with no hint of a defensive system, and his regular season numbers would plummet.

Not interested.