HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Off Season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=248475)

Roger's Pancreas* 05-02-2006 07:34 PM

Off Season.

Not too soon to start looking ahead. Just jot down some ideas for post-season trades, draft day picks, players that will be released, etc.

fism 05-02-2006 07:49 PM

Hatcher and Rathje need to get whatever surgery they need. Seriously. I think it's too soon to start talking about dumping them though.

FlyHigh 05-02-2006 07:50 PM

My main priority outside of resigning Gags would be resigning KJ on the cheap and maybe, just maybe making a move for McCabe. I don't know how much he would be worth, but McCabe would really be an incredible addition. We need another good skating d-man for sure though.

BringBackStevens 05-02-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
My main priority outside of resigning Gags would be resigning KJ on the cheap and maybe, just maybe making a move for McCabe. I don't know how much he would be worth, but McCabe would really be an incredible addition. We need another good skating d-man for sure though.

the last thing we need is another d-man who cant play defense...

Roger's Pancreas* 05-02-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

I really think McCabe is more help to us on the Maple Leafs.

bodangleroo28 05-02-2006 08:02 PM

as many fast smaller danglers as we can get..any names come to mind

YanickDupre 05-02-2006 08:03 PM

Instead of going out and piling up free agents (though Redden would be nice), how about taking an approach I haven't seen the Flyers try in quite a few years. Why don't they build from within and allow the team the time to gel and form a cohesive unit. Every year, there's way too much turnover in the locker room. You'd think somebody here would have had the idea to copy the Devils by now, at least a little bit.

jb** 05-02-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Not too soon to start looking ahead. Just jot down some ideas for post-season trades, draft day picks, players that will be released, etc.

I think they should let Johnnson walk, he has been out for several months and has to much baggage right now and there are many capable replacements out there. He if signs for cheap, which I doubt, and then if he stays injury free possible resign for a few years. Desjardin will go down as an time Flyer great but his time has passed and being the professional he is I bet he knows it and the only way he comes back is if the flyers convince him to and that is a mistake. Joni,Meyer,Hatcher, and Rathje will be back unless Clarke pulls a Roenick like trade which he can do if he chooses. Maybe they find out Hatcher's knee is severly damaged when he gets surgery after the year and he will miss the whole year in 2006-07.

Zeus I try to trade as he has a lot of mileage on his body, he also needs surgery so it might be tough to get value. I know he is a good player and such but time for him to move on before he becomes broken down.Nedved. What do yo do with him? I don;t mind if he stays but he will have some trade value to a team that needs offesne and now that he has shown he can play a little D will only help his value. They need a winger to play with Carter and Umberger that can score, end of story. Do you try Carter on wing with richards as the Center? #15 is a 3rd line player. Eager should have a spot. potulny let him play in the AHL unless he just flat out dazzles in camp. Depending on what Gagne ask for he could be trade bait. Acquire some one who wont be making a lot of money in ther next few years but who also has show he can play in this league.We all know how Clarke deal with people he thinks are being unfair. would Gagne + be enough to land the #1 pick in this years draft?
Brashear,Savage,Therian, Kappy(not sure of his contract status), I would let go. Send Stevenson to the minors and his slary doesn't count against the cap, hell do that to a few players :D But it will not surprise me if all but therian are bougth back for league min. Primeau should retire. I hope th eFleyrs doctors never clear him to play and use his money on another player who will be here for 4 or 5 years. Long winded but just somethoughts. As for the draft try to trade some of the surplus of picks and move into the top 5.

MountainHawk 05-02-2006 08:09 PM

My thoughts on the roster next season

Carter
Dimitrakos
Forsberg
Gagne
Handzus
Kapanen
Knuble
Richards
Radio
Umberger
Potulny/Eager
Nedved

Eager/Potulny

Defense:

Pitkanen - FA
Hatcher - Meyer
Gauthier - FA/Picard

FA/Picard

Goal:

Niittymaki
FA

MountainHawk 05-02-2006 08:11 PM

We owe Rathje $14M for 4 more years ... If we buy him out, I think we take a $1.75M cap hit for the next EIGHT years.

Ugh. Maybe you just pay him $3.5M to play in the AHL.

FlyHigh 05-02-2006 08:12 PM

I guess bringing Caber in would be a bad idea, but I still think KJ should come back. I wouldn't mind bringing in forwards, but I don't know if we can, Nedved is probably going to be here next year because he has another year on the contract. I have a feeling that we may end up counting on the rookies a lot.

Flyerzz97 05-02-2006 08:13 PM

Is it just me, but this off-season talk is really depressing. It's only the first round. I can't believe this day has come.

Refuse 05-02-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerzz97
Is it just me, but this off-season talk is really depressing. It's only the first round. I can't believe this day has come.

Welcome to the real world :cry:

Ex Storm 05-02-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

I guess bringing Caber in would be a bad idea, but I still think KJ should come back. I wouldn't mind bringing in forwards, but I don't know if we can, Nedved is probably going to be here next year because he has another year on the contract. I have a feeling that we may end up counting on the rookies a lot.

And I have a feeling that nothing is going to change. Most of this team will be the same next year. Management will blame it on injuries or something.

Roger's Pancreas* 05-02-2006 08:18 PM

Financial Status

Taken from O&B.

FlyHigh 05-02-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
And I have a feeling that nothing is going to change. Most of this team will be the same next year. Management will blame it on injuries or something.

It will be interesting to be sure, I'm not too hopeful either to be honest.

swflyers8* 05-02-2006 08:18 PM

Now, I would actually suggest getting McCabe. He may play better with a better team. We need defensemen that can skate and he can. It would be a nice defense with the following:

Hatcher, Rathje -- healthy
Gauthier, Meyer, McCabe, Pitkanen

That would be a good blueline corps.

MountainHawk 05-02-2006 08:21 PM

Rather have Chara or Redden than McCabe.

Coburnfan05 05-02-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Now, I would actually suggest getting McCabe. He may play better with a better team. We need defensemen that can skate and he can. It would be a nice defense with the following:

Hatcher, Rathje -- healthy
Gauthier, Meyer, McCabe, Pitkanen

That would be a good blueline corps.

Healthy or not they are no longer good in this league, I wish most of the flyer fans coould see this. As far as McCabe goes, he is due for a hefty raise and we can not affor to give out a high salary to another defensemen unless it's Redden or Chara.

MountainHawk 05-02-2006 08:24 PM

I think we can get by with ONE of Rathje/Hatcher, but not both.

Roger's Pancreas* 05-02-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
Healthy or not they are no longer good in this league, I wish most of the flyer fans coould see this. As far as McCabe goes, he is due for a hefty raise and we can not affor to give out a high salary to another defensemen unless it's Redden or Chara.

I don't think the Flyers are in the race for Redden or Chara. Redden's probably going to stay with Ottawa and Chara will walk for the max. As it stands there are probably ten other teams that could afford that, Buffalo being one. Bobby Clarke should take a look at taking care of things at home for right now

FlyHigh 05-02-2006 08:28 PM

I'm not saying we should get someone that is a No.1. With KJ healthy and Pitkanen, I think we have a couple top pairing d-men. The team needs someone that can skate well, they don't have to be top pairing.

Roger's Pancreas* 05-02-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying we should get someone that is a No.1. With KJ healthy and Pitkanen, I think we have a couple top pairing d-men. The team needs someone that can skate well, they don't have to be top pairing.

Markov could be an option. :D

FlyHigh 05-02-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Markov could be an option. :D

I would honestly love to have him back, I never understood that sequence in the first place, but isn't he going back to Russia?

PSUhockey34 05-02-2006 08:39 PM

How safe is Clarke's job?