HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Huet VERY Depressed Over Goal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=248601)

Phil Parent 05-02-2006 09:58 PM

Huet VERY Depressed Over Goal

Martin McGuire just called on CKAC and said that he met Huet in the parking. He was still distraught and bordered on tears still. He said he feels it will take him a LONG time to get over that goal.

On one hand, I like the fact that he CARES. But on the other hand I hope somebody tells him it wasn't his fault.

Habsfan 32 05-02-2006 10:00 PM

At least he cares and he's going to comeback with a vengeance next season so watch out for Huet.

Brisk-Illusion 05-02-2006 10:01 PM

He didn't take off his mask at the end because he was crying,

I think ?

InGaineyWeTrust* 05-02-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent
Martin McGuire just called on CKAC and said that he met Huet in the parking. He was still distraught and bordered on tears still. He said he feels it will take him a LONG time to get over that goal.

On one hand, I like the fact that he CARES. But on the other hand I hope somebody tells him it wasn't his fault.

he should of stopped the shot, lets face it, it was 60 ft out

Bill McNeal 05-02-2006 10:01 PM

I felt awful seeing him with his head down, and then having some sort of dry heave.

It was very nice of the fans to let him know how they appreciate him soon after the shock wore off. Hopefully he's back next year ready to prove his naysayers wrong.

Clumsyhab 05-02-2006 10:02 PM

I think he almost cried after that goal.

NORiculous 05-02-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent

I'm not worried; it is moments like this that make people stronger. Once he gets over it, he will be a stronger person and a better goalie.

Team_Spirit 05-02-2006 10:02 PM

Take the pill Cristo , this go in the experience bag . See you next year .

Madevilz 05-02-2006 10:03 PM

He must come back with us :bow:

deandebean 05-02-2006 10:06 PM

I only hope he doesn't pull another Van de Velde. This golfer never recovered from his meltdown. You never know how a goal can affect a goalie.

Nobak 05-02-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albino
It was very nice of the fans to let him know how they appreciate him soon after the shock wore off.

I agree. Props to the people at the game for that.

optimus2861 05-02-2006 10:10 PM

It'll hurt like hell for Huet -- for all the Habs -- for a few days, no doubt, but by next fall instead of pain it will be MOTIVATION. Losing like this should just make this team all the hungrier not to let it happen again next season.

znk 05-02-2006 10:11 PM

I hope it dosent scar him.

Habsfan18 05-02-2006 10:12 PM

I was watching CBC, is there any interviews on the net yet with Huet?

Turbo 05-02-2006 10:17 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Huet is a class act. Thanks for giving us hope this season.

I'm sure you'll get your chance to be even better next season!

Transplanted Caper 05-02-2006 10:17 PM

I guess he should have stopped it, but Huet was in a zone. On reflex he knew what to do and as soon as Sillinger wound up for the shot Huet was in position, the puck went off Rivet's stick and he wasnt ready for it. An awful break, but one he shold be able to recover from.

barfy2000 05-02-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORiculous
I'm not worried; it is moments like this that make people stronger. Once he gets over it, he will be a stronger person and a better goalie.

Oh ya, look at Tommy Salo.

Slitty 05-02-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
I only hope he doesn't pull another Van de Velde. This golfer never recovered from his meltdown. You never know how a goal can affect a goalie.

Coultier was never quite the same after *HIS* goal. :D

Habsfan18 05-02-2006 10:24 PM

please Bob, bring Huet back!

Please Huet, sign back!

Please Huet, don't let that goal effect you.

Geese_Howard* 05-02-2006 10:26 PM

think this might effect his career like Salo? he came out of no where, I really see him never achieving what he did this season.

Live Forever 05-02-2006 10:29 PM

Was I the only one to get a laugh out of Huet tripping and falling by himself late in the third period?

habkid73 05-02-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
he should of stopped the shot, lets face it, it was 60 ft out

if you didn't see the play ,don't comment on it ,,,,,,huet's the last guy to blame moron!

Bill McNeal 05-02-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geese_Howard
think this might effect his career like Salo? he came out of no where, I really see him never achieving what he did this season.

Wasn't similar to Salo at all... Salo should have stopped that puck, Huet's was deflected. Some goalies may have stopped it, some wouldn't.

bert 05-02-2006 10:39 PM

First of all that goal was nothing like Salo or Cloutiers goals. Second of all in those games that Salo and Cloutier playerd there teams were outplaying the opposition, they lost those games for there team.

Huet hardly lost anything for the Habs. He was incredible. That goal was tipped and went crossbar in I really dont think it was a bad goal just an unlucky tip.

barfy2000 05-02-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habkid73
if you didn't see the play ,don't comment on it ,,,,,,huet's the last guy to blame moron!

I saw the play, and frankly, he's right. He got his glove up, but he didn't put it high enough, or in the right position to make the save. It may have been tipped by Rivet's stick, but Huet had more than enough time to react. He's made a lot harder saves than that before. It should've been a routine save IMO.

That being said, you can't blame him for the loss. He kept us in there when Carolina had their few surges, and really if Ryder hadn't gave the puck away, he wouldn't have had to stop Stillman.