HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who is our best player right now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24935)

MojoJojo 11-02-2003 12:29 PM

Who is our best player right now?

Pitkanen seems to be one of the favorites right now, and deservedly so. Recchi leads the team in points, so he is in the hunt. Lots of others, especially forwards are playing well: Zues, JR, Amonte, Gagne.

I have to give it to Justin Williams though. This kid has absolutely come alive all of a sudden. I always thought of him as a spunky kid with a potential to be a 25 goal scorer. Now, I think he might be the player we were hoping Simon Gagne would be. His skill level is comparable, though not quite as high, but is a much more physical, tenacious, and hard working character player.

Winston Wolf 11-02-2003 01:31 PM

Justin Williams, no question about it. Recchi has also been good, but IMO Williams has been the best forward quite easily. Pitkanen has been our best d-man when he's on the ice.

Vincent Vega 11-02-2003 02:25 PM

Williams was great against Toronto last night. From what I have seen, Jani Pitkanen has looked great to. He was a steal - Fedotenko, two 2nds!

John Flyers Fan 11-02-2003 04:22 PM

The two best and most consistent players so far this year have been Handzus & Williams.

Doesn't mean they are our best players, but have been so far.

Nikkowar 11-02-2003 04:48 PM

Williams,Pitkanen and Handzus-remind me to get him on my team

augster 11-02-2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Pitkanen seems to be one of the favorites right now, and deservedly so. Recchi leads the team in points, so he is in the hunt. Lots of others, especially forwards are playing well: Zues, JR, Amonte, Gagne.

I have to give it to Justin Williams though. This kid has absolutely come alive all of a sudden. I always thought of him as a spunky kid with a potential to be a 25 goal scorer. Now, I think he might be the player we were hoping Simon Gagne would be. His skill level is comparable, though not quite as high, but is a much more physical, tenacious, and hard working character player.

Williams, easily.

Pitkanen still makes a lot of mistakes. He does a lot of dazzling things, and I think he will be great, but he still hasn't learned a number of the "tricks of the trade" yet.

flyercide 11-02-2003 05:18 PM

Roenick. I don't like him much but I think he's our most valuable player.

Nikkowar 11-02-2003 05:20 PM

Support your Flyers!

And vote for them for the All-Star Game. Let's be well repesented this year!

RoDu 11-02-2003 05:38 PM

I think Williams is the most dangerous player we have right now

blah 11-02-2003 11:56 PM

The Flyers have 4 lines playing extremely good hockey really can't pick who's better than who.

golfmade 11-03-2003 12:21 AM

How has Johnsson done so far?

blah 11-03-2003 12:25 AM

Desjardins and Johansson have both been solid. Pitkanen is really outshining everybody on the defense though.

Flyers26 11-03-2003 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
The two best and mosy consistent players so far this year have been Handzus & Williams.

Doesn't mean they are our best players, but have been so far.

Agreed. I would also add Recchi to that list. He's really had a strong start to the season.

swflyers8* 11-03-2003 03:38 AM

I think all of our players have been playing great. Williams is hot right now, so is Zeus, Amonte, JR, Recchi, Leclair (looking like his old self again) Sami, Fridge, Rico, Joni (the kid is awesome), Johnsson. They all have been our best players which is awesome to have. We aren't depending on one player to do everything. Everyone is chipping in on all aspects of the game. I love it!

Cuiff 11-03-2003 03:47 AM

At this time I would have to vote for:

1. Justin Williams
2. Mark Rechi
2 Michael Handzus

Teezax 11-03-2003 09:23 AM

Late last season I jumped ont he Justin Williams bandwagon, hoping that his outburts in the last few games of the year wasn't a fluke, looks like it wasn't. He emerged as one of the best in our team and quite a rising young star in the league. Hands down, he has done it all, he deserves all our recognition and hopefully he will continue his hard work through the season.

Handzus has looked good again for yet another season, and it's starting to make the Coyotes look more and more incompetent. We traded a backup goaltender for a dominant "Selke Potential" two way center and a potential # 1 Goaltender who brings it all to the table. What a STEAL!

Jsut to conclude, i think everyone has been playing well, in terms of playing their assigned roles on the team, so i think at this point we should be ecstatic for that!

GoneFullHextall 11-03-2003 09:36 AM

Justin Williams and it is even close, at least amonst the forwards IMO.
and that Pitkanen kid has been everything as advertised.

GoneFullHextall 11-03-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
I think all of our players have been playing great. Williams is hot right now, so is Zeus, Amonte, JR, Recchi, Leclair (looking like his old self again) Sami, Fridge, Rico, Joni (the kid is awesome), Johnsson. They all have been our best players which is awesome to have. We aren't depending on one player to do everything. Everyone is chipping in on all aspects of the game. I love it!

except for Therien. he sucks and he clearly sticks out as one of the worst guy on the team

Cuiff 11-03-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
except for Therien. he sucks and he clearly sticks out as one of the worst guy on the team

Agreed

Brad* 11-03-2003 02:10 PM

I don't know about pure talent, but the guy who is playing the best right now is Justin Williams.

Gagne2433 11-03-2003 03:11 PM

Justin Williams has been simply incredible this year. He reminds me of what Brian Westbrook has done for the Eagles. He is just a threat whenever he is on the ice. Williams just seems to be that explosive player the Flyers have needed for many-a year.

Banger 11-04-2003 04:44 AM

Justin was their best player last year game in game out until his knee injury and has been their best player this year.