HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Nashville at Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24948)

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 01:30 PM

GDT: Nashville at Dallas

Thoughts? Predictions?

Jarnberg 11-02-2003 02:48 PM

Preds not playing well

Since the 5-3 they have picked it up.

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 02:51 PM

Yeah, I hate the NHL scheduling. Why can't we do a back-to-back game with Calgary. Why do we have to do it with a physical, immensely talented team?

barrytrotzsneck 11-02-2003 02:57 PM

we had the opportunity to at least cut the lead in half...at least twice. this game could easily be 2-2...but..same old story. chances that we aren't burying. good to see we're playing with a bit of heart, after SUCKING early.

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
we had the opportunity to at least cut the lead in half...at least twice. this game could easily be 2-2...but..same old story. chances that we aren't burying. good to see we're playing with a bit of heart, after SUCKING early.

Agreed. Hopefully this will be the last night of this. I would love Comrie. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we are one of the possible suitors :shakehead

I understand that rhetoric that we shouldn't trade away the future, but if we don't perform, there will be no future. We will be in serious trouble for the future if their is a lockout and we don't have a ton of success this season. If we are well out of the playoffs and don't compete well, and their is a 1 year lockout, I think we might become a casualty.

PredsFan77* 11-02-2003 03:12 PM

Zids score 3-1

PredsFan77* 11-02-2003 03:33 PM

Timmo makes it 4-2, Arki just missed a breakaway...

PredsFan77* 11-02-2003 04:12 PM

Wow...all I have to say....

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Timmo makes it 4-2, Arki just missed a breakaway...

That may have cost us a chance at a win. If we had a legit goalscorer, we'd have had a chance.I don't mind losing this bad, hopefully it will wake someone up. We've played probably our worst game as a team in almost a full year.

I really think we should sit Hamhuis. He didn't look good against Dallas in Nashville. It was his man, DiMaio, that he allow behind him. He's looked very, very shaky as of late and probably could use a game to just sit and watch. I would sit York but if we sit York, we have nothing left. I think both could use a sitting, maybe we could alternate them. I've often wondered just how foolish Trotz is to put them on the ice together. If it's Eaton and York or Eaton and Hamhuis, I think we walk out of Nashville with a 1-0 win.

I'm also quite worried about our leadership. We seem to fold the tent at times. I don't think Johnson is a good captain and I'm not sure Trotz has done a good job as a bench coach.

I sure hope this wakes up Leopold and he loosens his purse strings. We need someone who can score. Not someone (like Johnson), who just tries to get it on net 95% of the time. I wouldn't mind seeing them drop another 2 or 3 on us if it wakes Leopold up. I'd love to see him look at the 9-2 boxscore and ask Poile what he thinks should be done. We might get our scorer that way.

Jarnberg 11-02-2003 04:31 PM

Preds simply got beat tonight. Let two early goals in and they never fully recovered. Anyone notice the lack of hitting by the team.

Allison does not need to be out there. Zidlicky impressed me though.

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Preds simply got beat tonight. Let two early goals in and they never fully recovered. Anyone notice the lack of hitting by the team.

Allison does not need to be out there. Zidlicky impressed me though.

Agreed on Allison, he's not a top 6er in the NHL. Zids is the real deal.

The stars were clearly the better team. The found the holes (however gaping) in our defense and capitalized. They deserved this win.

triggrman 11-02-2003 04:41 PM

Boy we miss Schnabel. Allison is a joke. Brookbank should play in his place. York sucks, Hamhuis is doing ok, better than York anyway. I can't believe no one took up for Hamhuis, I can't believe Trotz didn't push the issue.

PredsFan77* 11-02-2003 04:53 PM

Yep, I kept waiting for Toots or someone to try to light a fire under the teams, but nothing....

Jarnberg 11-02-2003 05:01 PM

I too was suprised how Tootoo didn't start anything, he was nonexistant out there.

triggrman 11-02-2003 05:04 PM

He banged a few bodies tonight, much more than Hartnell. Three times I watched Hartnell pass at chances to play the body.

Hartnell has officially been Trotzosized and Tootoo is coming down with it now..

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 05:35 PM

Toots may be hurt. He didn't play a whole lot in the 3rd period in Nashville. He may be nursing something. He only played 7 minutes in Nashville and only 10 in Dallas.

Of course, Tootoo usually only plays 10 minutes per night.

barrytrotzsneck 11-02-2003 05:43 PM

that in mind, i'm kind of wondering if i would be shocked if he was sent down when mckenzie came back in the lineup. he's playing less and less, as games go by...

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

that in mind, i'm kind of wondering if i would be shocked if he was sent down when mckenzie came back in the lineup. he's playing less and less, as games go by...

Toots PT per game

Game 1 Anaheim: 13:34
Game 2 Dallas: 11:46
Game 3 St. Louis: 9:10
Game 4 Columbus: 12:54
Game 5 Chicago: 14:22
Game 6 Atlanta: 13:27
Game 7 Colorado: 10:43
Game 8 St. Louis: 10:03
Game 9 Detroit: 9:44
Game 10 Dallas: 7:25
Game 11 Dallas: 10:47

It seems to have decreased slightly. Thru the first 6 games of the season (and his career), he's averaged roughly 12 and a half minutes per game. Thru the last 5, he's averaged around 9 minutes and 45 seconds.

Enoch 11-02-2003 06:17 PM

I'd rather have Tootoo in the lineup right now then Arkipov. Boy, he is just plain snake-bit. ;/

I thought Vokoun lost it for us today. He let in two softies, when we were outplaying the Stars. He just didn't look as sharp as usual. I thought we played well up until Vok. let in that 5th goal. You could just see the defensemen hold up their heads in frustration after the goal. Voky was just out of position. He made an easy save, but was way to far out of the net to make the second save. Oh well, we learn and move on. I'm a supporter of keeping Hamhuis playing, although I really did not like his game tonight. The kid is playing a lot in some tough situations. Who will we start to replace him??? I think with Schnabel back in the lineup our defense becomes solidified once again. He isn't afraid to clear the net, unlike the rest of the Preds, and this is really hurting us.

barrytrotzsneck 11-02-2003 06:21 PM

i think maybe two of the goals were stoppable, tonight. that still leaves 5 that someone else didn't pick up their man. the announcers on espn were baffled as to why were leaving guys like modano and guerin ALL ALONE in the middle. the game was piss poor defensively, and vokoun can't be faulted for the loss.

SmokeyClause 11-02-2003 06:28 PM

Quote:

i think maybe two of the goals were stoppable, tonight. that still leaves 5 that someone else didn't pick up their man. the announcers on espn were baffled as to why were leaving guys like modano and guerin ALL ALONE in the middle. the game was piss poor defensively, and vokoun can't be faulted for the loss.

Vokie didn't directly cost us the game. Some of his softer goals may have ruined all the momentum we had, but some of our missed offensive chances certainly didn't help. I think a failed breakaway can cripple a team too. We are only going to get X amount of chances per game. WE HAVE TO FINISH. The stars have Modano, Turgeon, Guerin, Arnott, basically almost 2 forward lines full of players who can finish better than any Pred. That was the difference in splitting the series and tie one and losing one.

Enoch 11-02-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

I agree about leaving guys in the middle, as I have been harping on that since the Avs game. Trotz has yet to address that issue, and frankly, its killing us.

The first two goals were stoppable. Its hard to dig out of a 2 goal defecite against the Stars. I think the 5th goal was stoppable as well, but like you said Vokoun was the victim of bad defensive play tonight. I guess that I'm so used to Vokoun saving the game for us that I am let down when he is unable to do so :(.

Anyways, Trotz has some coaching to do.

barrytrotzsneck 11-02-2003 06:50 PM

i wonder what adam graves would sign for? there's all the leadership we'd need on the offense, i think.

Basher 11-02-2003 07:53 PM

boy, im soo proud of this team. after playing with such heart on ESPN, and only loosing to a powerhouse team by 4, i hope it will be something to tell the grand-kids about for these guys........and cookies for the team after practice.

i personally think vokoun read "three little pigs" to the whole team on the plane over to dallas, and they were all in a slumber-like trance as they hit the ice.

jrintn 11-02-2003 08:35 PM

We left the midle of the ice in the defensive zone wide open and gave the Stars alot of lanes to make easy passes on 2 of Guerins goals. Arky just plainly stinks. Our only possible "goal scorer" is in the minors and is probably a year away from being ready. also, I don't think a natural goal scorer would have helped in this game because those types of players don't play responsible D in most cases. The defense needs to look at the tapes of this game and learn from this and go on. In closing, I don't think Hamhuis needs to get in anymore fights. It's not his thing. At least he drew a penalty on Guerin that lead to our first goal.