HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisaurus on the PP next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=249496)

Matrix 05-05-2006 11:58 AM

Komisaurus on the PP next year?

Like I wrote in the Canadiens in the World Championship, Komisaurus had a pass on Brown's 3rd goal today on the PP for the win.

But it made me think that should we try Komi at least on the 2nd PP next year. He does have a great shot, maybe not the best hockey sense, but nevertheless I would like to see what he can do in that situation.

znk 05-05-2006 12:01 PM

I think we should wait till we know who's on the team next year. I think I'd prefer a forward on D instead of Komo. But I'll wait and see how he looks next year. I'm sure they'll try him durring training camp.

Team_Spirit 05-05-2006 12:01 PM

Id rather use a foward at the point , that way we can rest our D and have the opportunity to give PP time to a promising player . Kostitsyn could do the job .

Souffle 05-05-2006 12:11 PM

I'd give it a try. His progression has been slow, but there's no question he's still getting better in every area of the game. I thought he showed some nice offensive sense this year, though you could tell he was a little timid about making a mistake.

He has a good shot that finds its way to the net. I guess his reach allows him a pretty wide shooting angle to get around defenders. I also like that he uses a low, hard wrist shot sometimes instead of a big wind-up slapper.

Anyway, it's a training camp experiment.

Anksun 05-05-2006 12:23 PM

Huh?

Behind Chara, Redden, Markov and McCabe next year in Montreal, i dont think he will have much PP time...

;)

Madevilz 05-05-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun
Huh?

Behind Chara, Redden, Markov and McCabe next year in Montreal, i dont think he will have much PP time...

;)

You forgot Jovanovski, FOOL!

Shabutie 05-05-2006 12:29 PM

I don't like Rivet on the point, so perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Anksun 05-05-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madevilz
You forgot Jovanovski, FOOL!

Jovocop? meh, as a 7th D guy ala Streit, maybe.

jester099 05-05-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun
Huh?

;)

God I hope I never see McCabe in a Habs uniform.

tritone 05-05-2006 01:08 PM

I would not want to see him there, his shot is pretty horrible for a D-man . But who knows , I suppose he could practice his boomer with Sheldon and pick up a few tricks .

Shabutie 05-05-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
I would not want to see him there, his shot is pretty horrible for a D-man . But who knows , I suppose he could practice his boomer with Sheldon and pick up a few tricks .

Sadly his shot is his best attribute. He's no better defensively than any of our Dmen.

sXe 05-05-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
Sadly his shot is his best attribute. He's no better defensively than any of our Dmen.

That would be size not shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave
I also like that he uses a low, hard wrist shot sometimes instead of a big wind-up slapper.

Often on net too.

TheRocket 05-05-2006 01:37 PM

Komisarek has very powerful shot, yet it badly lacks accuracy. I donít think itís a very wise decision to put young dman, who has only one goal, on the PP.

Shabutie
I disagree with you. I think his best attribute by far is his physical game.

Mtl6 05-05-2006 01:38 PM

yeah why not try it?!?!

MathMan 05-05-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRocket
Komisarek has very powerful shot, yet it badly lacks accuracy. I donít think itís a very wise decision to put young dman, who has only one goal, on the PP.

Good then, since Komi has two goals now...

tritone 05-05-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie

Wow .. shot??? best attribute? Ok, we'll disagree there and I won't say anymore

Talent Analyst 05-05-2006 04:35 PM

Markov-Souray
Kostitsyn-Streit(seen them play together at the point at Hamilton ,they do a good mix :))

henri2014 05-05-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
Markov-Souray
Kostitsyn-Streit(seen them play together at the point at Hamilton ,they do a good mix :))

WHen was Streit in Hamilton?

Madevilz 05-05-2006 05:43 PM

lol