HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Souray (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=249614)

Un HabitHuet* 05-05-2006 08:24 PM

Souray

All this talk about Sheldon leaving to be closer to his daughter in LA...

Any truth to that? It would certainly make sense, even if he said he wanted to come back to Montreal next season and that he's spending the summer here according to today's La Presse.

I think it would hurt us to lose a guy like him. He's not as sound defensively as some want him to be but I think he's a leader on that team and clearly the guy with the most ''cool points'' on the team. :snide:

What say you?

tinyzombies 05-05-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un HabitHuet
All this talk about Sheldon leaving to be closer to his daughter in LA...

Any truth to that? It would certainly make sense, even if he said he wanted to come back to Montreal next season and that he's spending the summer here according to today's La Presse.

I think it would hurt us to lose a guy like him. He's not as sound defensively as some want him to be but I think he's a leader on that team and clearly the guy with the most ''cool points'' on the team. :snide:

What say you?

I believe one of Souray or Rivet has to be replaced with an upgrade who can move the puck and play both ways. I also think we need an upgrade over Bouillon (a tough, reliable, stay-at-home guy). That would be ideal imo. Dropping either Souray or Rivet to the third pair and then replacing one or the other would work as well. Our defense has been bandaid for so long, I'm so tired of it. I would LOVE to have a defense that can hold a lead and take some pressure off our goaltenders. The same thing that happened to Theo will happen to Huet if we don't.

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

This would work also, I guess, if Komi keeps improving. We won't win the Cup unless we get four puckmovers and we really only have 1 right now, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Maxpac 05-05-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I believe one of Souray or Rivet has to be replaced with an upgrade who can move the puck and play both ways. I also think we need an upgrade over Bouillon (a tough, reliable, stay-at-home guy). That would be ideal imo. Dropping either Souray or Rivet to the third pair and then replacing one or the other would work as well. Our defense has been bandaid for so long, I'm so tired of it. I would LOVE to have a defense that can hold a lead and take some pressure off our goaltenders. The same thing that happened to Theo will happen to Huet if we don't.

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

This would work also, I guess, if Komi keeps improving.

Redden is the ideal player to replace Souray

znk 05-05-2006 08:37 PM

Sourray is the best fighter on this team and seriously intimidating when he stares down someone. I'd hate to lose him even with his shortcomings on D. He's also a great leader on the team. I really think he wants to stay.

PJ Wiggum 05-05-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

This would work also, I guess, if Komi keeps improving. We won't win the Cup unless we get four puckmovers and we really only have 1 right now, but it would be a step in the right direction.

Danny Markov would be the best fit in that position, he's a good puck mover and is capable of being a good shut-down player as well, I think it would be the right compliment to the D-corps.

Biggsy 05-05-2006 09:21 PM

Im a big fan of souray tough dmen boomer of a shot

waffledave 05-05-2006 09:42 PM

He said it's 100% untrue that he wanted to leave to be closer to his daughter. He said Montreal is where he wants to stay, and he loves the team.

Whitesnake 05-05-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

I'm all for having more puck moving d-men, that's the key I think, that transition game needs to be better. And me too would get rid of Souray before Rivet, but would be more enclined of getting rid of Dandy more than Bouillon.

Habruti! 05-05-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

Why would we need to upgrade Bouillon, he as been our most consistent Dmen this year. I would pick him any day of the week before Souray. He moves the puck well and can get it out of the zone pretty quickly. For a bottom pairing guy he is more then perfect IMO.

Breenger 05-05-2006 11:42 PM

Loose Souray and we loose a big part of our powerplay. He is the shot man on it and it was so ovious in the series vs. Carolina. IMO he has the potential to be like a Brian McCabe if he is able to play the entire season like he did in the last half of this one or like the previous one if he does not get injured.

benji 05-06-2006 12:32 AM

The only reason to trade Souray would be for a serious upgrade. I would definitely not agree with a salary dump, or anything of the sort. No matter how many wrong ends of the highlight reel he ends up, the guy is a leader, scores clutch goals and plays with passion. I would love to keep him on the team as long as possible.

jcpenny 05-06-2006 12:40 AM

Everybody agrees on the fact that the team needs another D but when you look at it this D played UNBELIEVABLE against one of the best Offense in the league. The D was tough, gritty and agressive. I wonder how many 5 on 5 goals the team let in? Not a lot. Souray was a big part of that succes, i was thinking of letting him go but maybe our D is starting to gel and they should leave it as it is...

I would leave a spot for Emelin though :D

ShuttFan 05-06-2006 12:55 AM

I'm feeling the Brisebois love. Here. In this thread. Souray's positives for the team outweigh his occasional miscues, leave him alone. And he's friggin hilarious miked up.

gars59 05-06-2006 07:21 AM

i have an idea

Souray+Aebischer vs Paul Mara

what do you think ?

oli500 05-06-2006 08:54 AM

This guy has the ch logo in his heart, he wants to stay here. Instead of trading these kind of players who loves to play in montreal we should trade the euros who whine because they dont like the role theire getting like zednik sundstrom and the bulises of the world. Everytime we've tradid these type of players, leclaire,recchi that loved playing here it allways came back and bite us in the *** mean wile we keep the players that dont really want to be here. Souray is prone to mistake but also brings lots of positif. like a canon of a shot, some leadership stuf that a mara would not bring to the poster who wants mara for souray. Down the strech he played tremoundus hockey and thats when we need players at there best. Souray loves to play in montreal said it before. He never publicly said he wants to be traded to be closer to his daughter what he probably wishes is if he is tradid by the habs that he gets traded to a team out west. two diferent things and its one of those things that the media blew out of proportion. Hes a keeper.

Kimota 05-06-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Sourray is the best fighter on this team and seriously intimidating when he stares down someone. I'd hate to lose him even with his shortcomings on D. He's also a great leader on the team. I really think he wants to stay.

:biglaugh:

Sourey is a false tought guy. Nobody in the league is afraid of him, he`s a teddy bear. And if he`s a leader, no wonder we`re weak.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 05-06-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars59
i have an idea

Souray+Aebischer vs Paul Mara

what do you think ?

talk about overpaying for a player... :shakehead

BigTimer* 05-06-2006 09:51 AM

I want Rivet gone before Sheldon.

gars59 05-06-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player
talk about overpaying for a player... :shakehead

oh yes souray is better than mara :shakehead

HCH 05-06-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti!
Why would we need to upgrade Bouillon, he as been our most consistent Dmen this year. I would pick him any day of the week before Souray. He moves the puck well and can get it out of the zone pretty quickly. For a bottom pairing guy he is more then perfect IMO.

If you consider Bouillon's play consistent then we have big problems

Weis 05-06-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briste
If you consider Bouillon's play consistent then we have big problems

He was really good in the playoff, he did some amazing play. He's not part of the problem as a #6 D.

Archijerej 05-06-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Markov-Komisarek
UFA-Rivet
Souray-Dandenault

That's how I see it as well. Moving one of Rivet/Souray to the bottom pairing and aquire reliable player to help Markov on the transition game. I also don't think it has to be a top two guy and that we have to brake the bank for Redden or Jovanovski (it would be very hard to aquire that kind of player anyway). Veteran player who's reliable in his own zone and moves the puck well. What about Desjardins? Is he under contract? He had a good season I think?