HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   2 more Hunters headed to London (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=249751)

knight44 05-06-2006 12:26 PM

2 more Hunters headed to London
 
Tucker Hunter in the 3rd round, Garrett Hunter in the 6th round. Does anyone know if one of these guys are related to Dale and Dylan? they both cant because they were born 2 months apart!

Ex Storm 05-06-2006 12:27 PM

Isn't one Dale's kid and one is Mark's kid?

knight44 05-06-2006 12:33 PM

might be i dont know

hockeyfan85 05-06-2006 01:01 PM

Yes, Tucker is Dale's son and Dylan's brother. Garrett is Mark's son.

toomanymen 05-07-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan85
Yes, Tucker is Dale's son and Dylan's brother. Garrett is Mark's son.

These picks plus taking McCrae in the first make me hope Gagner and Kane may not be far behind.

Ex Storm 05-07-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanymen
These picks plus taking McCrae in the first make me hope Gagner and Kane may not be far behind.

Why do you say that? Gagner and Kane are not related to anyone in the organization, they have no reason to play there. ;)

VOB 05-07-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
Why do you say that? Gagner and Kane are not related to anyone in the organization, they have no reason to play there. ;)

Well if rumors are true, Sam Gagner will have a close relative working for the Knights soon.

Team_Spirit 05-07-2006 04:57 PM

London has been terrific at the draft table.

Ex Storm 05-07-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
London has been terrific at the draft table.

If every single person in the organization has a son that plays hockey (sometimes more than one), the job of drafting them doesn't seem too difficult.

JrHockeyFan 05-07-2006 10:12 PM

Lol
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
If every single person in the organization has a son that plays hockey (sometimes more than one), the job of drafting them doesn't seem too difficult.

What are you talking about? You do make some surprisingly strange comments. Is it so difficult to just agree that London has been good in making drafts, whether a few are relations or not?

toomanymen 05-08-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
If every single person in the organization has a son that plays hockey (sometimes more than one), the job of drafting them doesn't seem too difficult.

The big difference here is knowing the kid for sure. Stats and scouting aside, knowledge of your own blood can eliminate a lot of risk in a draft. Also, these kids have a more vested interest in the program. Don't look for the Knights to be down long after this year.

Ex Storm 05-08-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
What are you talking about? You do make some surprisingly strange comments. Is it so difficult to just agree that London has been good in making drafts, whether a few are relations or not?

What are YOU talking about? London's drafting has been good recently, but as I said, how hard can it be when most of the players are known inside out already because they're relatives? As toomanymen says, knowing them so well eliminates a lot of risk, which I think makes your job as GM easier, does it not? How is my comment strange? It makes perfectly good sense.

jwalk 05-08-2006 09:23 PM

Mark's done a very good job in picking and Dale's done a great job developing these picks. However, I think where they're picked these kids in the draft is putting a lot of pressure on these kids to perform.You've got to wonder when the strategy may backfire.Tucker was a projected 6th rounder and they drafted him in the third,and Garrett was a projected 11th rounder and they picked him in the 6th. 5 rounds higher is an awful lot. Like the Jared Staal pick I think the last name is pushing these kids higher than their skill level may warrant.

thomasincanada 05-08-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwalk
Mark's done a very good job in picking and Dale's done a great job developing these picks. However, I think where they're picked these kids in the draft is putting a lot of pressure on these kids to perform.You've got to wonder when the strategy may backfire.Tucker was a projected 6th rounder and they drafted him in the third,and Garrett was a projected 11th rounder and they picked him in the 6th. 5 rounds higher is an awful lot. Like the Jared Staal pick I think the last name is pushing these kids higher than their skill level may warrant.

Meh, Phil McRae & Pat Kane will more than make up for any possible drafting mistakes by the Hunters :)

toomanymen 05-09-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
If every single person in the organization has a son that plays hockey (sometimes more than one), the job of drafting them doesn't seem too difficult.

TT

None of this matters. For my sake please revert to one of your previous avatars. I can't sleep at night w/ the current edition. ;)

Ex Storm 05-09-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanymen
TT

None of this matters. For my sake please revert to one of your previous avatars. I can't sleep at night w/ the current edition. ;)

When the Oil are knocked out...non-devil-like Scarjo will be back!

toomanymen 05-09-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
When the Oil are knocked out...non-devil-like Scarjo will be back!

Bless you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.