HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   bulis leaving habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=249985)

e-e 05-07-2006 01:55 PM

bulis leaving habs

link

bulis in riga gave an interview to hockej.sk and on question:

in montreal you played with richard zednik. whats your relationship?

we are the best frends. on the road we share a room.
i'm little sad bacause most likely we won't play on the same team anymore. i'm leaving montreal and he wants out too

AD 05-07-2006 01:59 PM

Wow... no surprise

Ross MacLochness 05-07-2006 02:00 PM

Peace.

Teufelsdreck 05-07-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e
link

i'm little sad bacause most likely we won't play on the same team anymore. i'm leaving montreal and he wants out too

This is the type of story that is repeated endlessly in sports. Friendly teammates ultimately part, whether through trades or retirement.

didjuicythat 05-07-2006 02:02 PM

(8) I hope you had the time of your life... (8)

Good Riddance!

e-e 05-07-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
This is the type of story that is repeated endlessly in sports. Friendly teammates ultimately part, whether through trades or retirement.

no surprise about bulis...but zednik wants out too...i believe he's still under contract...isn't he?

Teufelsdreck 05-07-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e
no surprise about bulis...but zednik wants out too...i believe he's still under contract...isn't he?

Yes, for another season, but Gainey may want to trade him before then.

e-e 05-07-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Yes, for another season, but Gainey may want to trade him before then.

i hope we trade him for at least something

tinyzombies 05-07-2006 02:16 PM

They both did a great job for us, but it's time for us to move on I think with our depth up front now. I would think someone would be salivating to get Zednik's production for so cheap. He's good trade bait.

Whitesnake 05-07-2006 02:18 PM

OH! NO! What are we going to do????

That's it I'm ready to give my predictions for next year's ranking.

Habs last in the Conference!!!! :D

Teufelsdreck 05-07-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
They both did a great job for us, but it's time for us to move on I think with our depth up front now. I would think someone would be salivating to get Zednik's production for so cheap. He's good trade bait.

The Habs still have Perezhogin left from that transaction with the Caps, plus whatever they get for Zednik.

KaptainKourage* 05-07-2006 02:34 PM

Maybe they will both sign to the same team.. we dont know... But I think its a good thing that they leave, they are done in Montreal, same for Sundstrom. 3 soft players gone*...

* : Yes, Bulis is soft, he take the easy hit and he cant take a hit. He is even softer than Zednik.

e-e 05-07-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
OH! NO! What are we going to do????

That's it I'm ready to give my predictions for next year's ranking.

Habs last in the Conference!!!! :D

:D

jcpenny 05-07-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markov#79
Maybe they will both sign to the same team.. we dont know... But I think its a good thing that they leave, they are done in Montreal, same for Sundstrom. 3 soft players gone*...

* : Yes, Bulis is soft, he take the easy hit and he cant take a hit. He is even softer than Zednik.

Zednik is far from being soft, hes just not a top 6 hockey player.

Team_Spirit 05-07-2006 02:45 PM

Apparently the Coyotes were ready to give Mike Comrie for Zednik at the deadline . Comrie scored 30g and 30a this year but hes very small and a questionable attitude from what ive heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Zednik is far from being soft, hes just not a top 6 hockey player.

He can be top6 if he actually show up more often than not , wich was his biggest problem this year .

MissCanuck 05-07-2006 04:14 PM

They can take their attitude and shove it.

HH 05-07-2006 04:31 PM

Fantastic news! no more cheaters and players who play 1 game out of 10, let's bring in some players with heart...bye bye zednik and bulis.

Maxpac 05-07-2006 04:36 PM

so for next year

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
xxx -Ribeiro-Kovy
Perezhogin-Pleckanek-xxxx
Murray-Bonk-Bégin
Lappiere

i love it, alot! :handclap:

AD 05-07-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
so for next year

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
xxx -Ribeiro-Kovy
Perezhogin-Pleckanek-xxxx
Murray-Bonk-Bégin
Lappiere

i love it, alot! :handclap:

Kostitsyn. and Ideally, a big winger or centre that can score 30 goals

KaptainKourage* 05-07-2006 05:08 PM

Anyone of you seen the Lang / Zednik proposal on the Trade boards ? I like it alot ! Lang do well with Kovy in the past, only cost 2.2M (i thought it was about 3.5M :confused: ), is cheaper than Arnott, righthanded and he is big. Let give them Ribeiro for a 2nd round pick and I think we have a deal done...

So with the money we save we can sign a foward like Jamie Langenbrunner :

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Lang - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Bégin
Murray - Bonk - Laraque

:handclap:

goalchenyuk 05-07-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e-e
link

Happy man ! we all want you out too ! - the management .

HH 05-07-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Anyone of you seen the Lang / Zednik proposal on the Trade boards ? I like it alot ! Lang do well with Kovy in the past, only cost 2.2M (i thought it was about 3.5M :confused: ), is cheaper than Arnott, righthanded and he is big. Let give them Ribeiro for a 2nd round pick and I think we have a deal done...

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Murray - Bonk - Laraque

that would be great

KIGGZ 05-07-2006 05:47 PM

Bulis and Zednik

If Bulis leaves, there is no doubt we will miss his speed on the wing and two way presence. I still think he is a better checker than scorer, and on a team with more scoring depth, I think he can be used as a great third line checker with offensive upside, as opposed to a second line winger. As for Zednik, I love his straight away speed and his leg strength. I also think he has a goal scorers shot in close, and a knack to score some big goals. On the downside is that his hands are not very good. If he had better control of the puck and was a better passer, we would be a more consistently dangerous forward offencesively. All in all, if they both leave, we will miss them, but we wont distress our progress as an organisation without them.

Le Tricolore 05-07-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Murray - Bonk - Laraque

why would we want Laraque?

Slick Nick 05-07-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb45
why would we want Laraque?

because it would give us a hell of a 4th line ... I would do it for sure. It worths the investment, 8 games against the leafs :D