HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why not dazé (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=250522)

YEMELIN74 05-09-2006 10:41 AM

Why not dazé

Why not offer a contract to him... we can offer him the same deal the leafs gave to Allisson.... i think if can be healthy he's a big power forward... something we dont really have right now

CoupeStanley 05-09-2006 10:42 AM

He's done.
He hasnt played hockey for a while.

I am not even sure he would be good in the new NHL.

Shabutie 05-09-2006 10:43 AM

Cuz he's almost as injury prone as Lindros?

Blind Gardien 05-09-2006 10:44 AM

Even when Daze was healthy he was an overrated floater.

Now, it would just be a waste of time and a distraction. I don't know of any reason to think he'll ever be healthy enough to play regularly again. And certainly not at the level that Jason Allison did for the Leafs. I'd actually take Brian Savage back ahead of Daze.

CoupeStanley 05-09-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
Cuz he's almost as injury prone as Lindros?

Almost? He's much more. At this point it's not injury prone it's chronic injury.

Beakermania* 05-09-2006 10:46 AM

Daze is finished as a hockey player, and despite his size he never was a power forward. Daze was a big guy, but he didn't play that way and won't now with the bad back.

CaptCrunch 05-09-2006 10:47 AM

Because he's... uhhh... broken.

Shabutie 05-09-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
Almost? He's much more. At this point it's not injury prone it's chronic injury.

I think they're both at the same level. They both could become vegetables given 1 more season in the NHL.

Beakermania* 05-09-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixTX
Why not offer a contract to him... we can offer him the same deal the leafs gave to Allisson.... i think if can be healthy he's a big power forward... something we dont really have right now

Also, while Jason Allison only cost the Leafs 1.5 million in real money, he was valued at over 3 million on the salary cap.

Bonuses, even if you don't achieve them, count against the cap.

Hackett 05-09-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania
Also, while Jason Allison only cost the Leafs 1.5 million in real money, he was valued at over 3 million on the salary cap.

Bonuses, even if you don't achieve them, count against the cap.

Wow, I didn't even know that.

That's a big deal

Beakermania* 05-09-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett
Wow, I didn't even know that.

That's a big deal

Its a good rule cause some team would come along and sign a UFA for the league minimum and then give him like a 4 million bonus if he scores 2 goals.

The only way to work bonuses into the cap, is to count them even if not achieved, or take those achieved and apply them to next year's cap.

With the second way, you still might see a team try to load up for a one year run at the cup, followed by a team filled with rookies the next season.

VirginiaMtlExpat 05-09-2006 11:01 AM

Because every Hawks fan wants to get rid of him. That should tell you something.

Hackett 05-09-2006 11:11 AM

Daze has had one very good year in his career and thats about it.

he had a 70 point season (38 goals) back in 01-02. After that season, daze continued to put up very good numbers but could not stay healthy in doing so but it seemed as though Sutter had an effect on him. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=14474

He led his team in scoring in 01-02 and was one of the key reasons of why the hawks got into the playoffs that year.

I guess it takes a hardass coach like brian sutter to get the guy going but I dont think he can even try to play a robust game even if he wanted to with his wonky back.

If Daze was a healthy player, sure, he would a decent project that Carbo and Co. could work with given the right financial settings.

But at this state of Daze's career, its not even worth the risk.

jester099 05-09-2006 11:15 AM

He played just one more NHL game than me in the last 2 years...

I'm sure I can do as well as him... just give me a try... It'll also be much cheaper. :)

Mooch 05-09-2006 11:31 AM

We need guys with skill and character, and who can bring a consisten performance night in, and night out. Daze doesn't even come close to fitting that bill, add to that, hes extremely injury prone.

If we can't find the right guy this year, im willing to wait till the next. I hope Gainey doesnt sign a UFA for the sake of signing a UFA.

Matrix 05-09-2006 11:32 AM

I believe we have a Dazé already, and we don't want to see his face anymore with the Habs so why would we want to bring another one......

Phousse 05-09-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix
I believe we have a Dazé already, and we don't want to see his face anymore with the Habs so why would we want to bring another one......

Oh please, we've talked about overrating him, but comparing him to THAT is unreasonable.

beowulf 05-09-2006 12:50 PM

Why not Daze? Because I want a player who plays at least 70 games most years. Also please do not use power forward and Eric Daze in the same sentence because he is not one.