HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Avatar Poll (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=250548)

Shabutie 05-09-2006 12:11 PM

OT: Avatar Poll

Hey guys, I've made a few Portugal Avatars for the World Cup, which should I use?

CaptCrunch 05-09-2006 12:17 PM

I like Figo, I just... don't remember why lol...

As for Ronaldo, his name makes me think about Ronaldinho... which I dont like. Too cocky.

All and all, they are pretty lousy reasons so I would suggest you go with the one you prefer.

:D

NyQuil 05-09-2006 12:24 PM

Figo is a has-been!

Got to go with the kid.

BTW: If you could make me a Ballack one for if (when) the Sens get booted out of the playoffs, that would be much appreciated. ;)

Shabutie 05-09-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil
Figo is a has-been!

Got to go with the kid.

BTW: If you could make me a Ballack one for if (when) the Sens get booted out of the playoffs, that would be much appreciated. ;)

HOW DARE YOU!!! Haha, Ronaldo is my favorite player, I just can't find a great pic of him in 2006 gear.

Shabutie 05-09-2006 12:33 PM

Here you go;

NyQuil 05-09-2006 12:36 PM

Sweet, thanks!

Qui Gon Dave 05-09-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil
Figo is a has-been!

Got to go with the kid.

That 'kid' isn't exactly hot property right now. as much as i dislike the guy, he is a very talented footballer, but at least Figo has 'been' at some point, unlike Ronaldo, who was the face of the Suzuki Swift adverts over here (Oooohh, the Swift, the guy must be a legend for that sponsorship deal) for about 2 months, after that, Suzuki's advertisers removed any appearance of him from their tv adverts, which now make slightly less sense than they did before. Also, on previous occassions, when I've seen Figo miss a chance, he managed to avoid that 'My mum just took my toys away and said i have to eat all my vegetables' look I see Ronaldo give most saturday evenings.

Shabutie - he may be your favourite player (apologies for the insults in his direction, but he forces me to make them) ;) but you gotta go with Figo on this one, surely. Unless you want me to make you a Pat Nevin or Neville Southall avatar. Thems were the days. Division 1 was still where all the players wanted to play, footballs weren't so perfect they ceased being perfect and when turning on the tv you could see the comforting sight of Eric Cantona kung-fu kicking that guy in the crowd no matter if you were watching the news, a sports show or a comedy show. Although that was also before the likes of Zola and Bergkamp appeared over here, but anyways...

Shabutie 05-09-2006 12:51 PM

You're being a little harsh. Ronaldo imo has really elevated his play in the last 2-3 months with Man utd. He used to be a pain to watch cuz, like Kovalev, he has all the potential in the world, but no motivation. In the past few months, he's shown more desire. I have no doubt that he'll be portugal's best this year.

NyQuil 05-09-2006 12:55 PM

Ronaldo was definitely Portugal's best at the Euro 2004 tournament.

Qui Gon Dave 05-09-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
You're being a little harsh. Ronaldo imo has really elevated his play in the last 2-3 months with Man utd. He used to be a pain to watch cuz, like Kovalev, he has all the potential in the world, but no motivation. In the past few months, he's shown more desire. I have no doubt that he'll be portugal's best this year.

I'm not saying his play hasn't elevated, on a few occassions over the past few months, he looked like a more mature player than i gave him credit for and at times he has looked like he is playing for a team and not for himself (as it sometimes looked like he used to). But i have a severe dislike for manchester united the team and a few of their players. Growing up in the north west here, you can't help but be bombarded with manchester united info. new sponsors, increasing the capacity at old trafford, one of their players has bought a new car, Alex Ferguson has a race horse (insert your favourite Ruud V.N joke here________), its all too much for a lot of people i know. Thankfully, Liverpool have drawn some attention away from them recently (although still not that comforting to this Everton fan) where as all we are known for is selling Wayne Rooney :shakehead

Assuming he concentrates and works hard, I have no doubt that he will be one of the stars (at least as far as his individual skills are concerned) at the world cup and if he can help his team win then that will be a big boost for him and his development (Is he signed with Man U for next year - thought i heard rumours he may be on his way out at some point in the near future) :dunno:

At least Man u did something right (in my mind) for once today and let Everton loan Tim howard for next season, been a fan of his for a few years. When i heard he was moving to england i was stoked, when i heard where he was going, i wasn't. At least now I can see him play with the Toffees and enjoy his play a bit more.

Eitherways, in the avatar poll, I still vote go go with Figo :)

Shabutie 05-09-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Assuming he concentrates and works hard, I have no doubt that he will be one of the stars (at least as far as his individual skills are concerned) at the world cup and if he can help his team win then that will be a big boost for him and his development (Is he signed with Man U for next year - thought i heard rumours he may be on his way out at some point in the near future) :dunno:

I believe he signed a 4 year contract when he was 19, so it should expire in 2 years (might be wrong). I don't see Fergusson giving up on him though. I expect big things from him in the WC and even bigger things from him next season with Man U.

Nihilism 05-09-2006 04:13 PM

Neither

Habsruleen 05-09-2006 04:18 PM

I vote for Ronaldo, even though he's been pretty invisible this season.
Personally, I'd like a Theo Walcott avatar :sarcasm:
ARGH Eriksson :madfire:

Shabutie 05-09-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihilism
Neither

I guess I shoulda specified no '****** answers' in the thread.

Qui Gon Dave 05-09-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsruleen
I vote for Ronaldo, even though he's been pretty invisible this season.
Personally, I'd like a Theo Walcott avatar :sarcasm:
ARGH Eriksson :madfire:

Either Sven is about to prove for once that he is so good at his job that he doesn't even need to know anything about the players in his team to make them win, or in his mind, all that he can hear is a little voice saying "haha, this will really screw them over. one last time." At least in the world cup he can't get away with making 13 substitutions a game. Should make a nice change.

Live Forever 05-09-2006 04:48 PM

You must go with Maldini.

Habsruleen 05-09-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
Either Sven is about to prove for once that he is so good at his job that he doesn't even need to know anything about the players in his team to make them win, or in his mind, all that he can hear is a little voice saying "haha, this will really screw them over. one last time." At least in the world cup he can't get away with making 13 substitutions a game. Should make a nice change.

Exactly. Bring only 4 strikers, namely two injured players who have two broken feet between them, one giant freak who can't score and a teenager who can't make his club's first team (yet). Great plan. Oh and don't forget to leave behind the English leading goalscorer this season (make sure he's not on stand-by either). England's best chance at a trophy in generations? I've already started praying. :shakehead

Shabutie 05-09-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Forever
You must go with Maldini.

I R not Italian.

Live Forever 05-09-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
I R not Italian.

It doesn't matter...you should still go with Maldini.

who is to say that you can't support the picture of the captain whose team will win the world cup? :sarcasm:

Qui Gon Dave 05-09-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsruleen
Exactly. Bring only 4 strikers, namely two injured players who have two broken feet between them, one giant freak who can't score and a teenager who can't make his club's first team (yet). Great plan. Oh and don't forget to leave behind the English leading goalscorer this season (make sure he's not on stand-by either). England's best chance at a trophy in generations? I've already started praying. :shakehead

Cheer up, we still have Owen Hargreaves to save us :) :handclap:

:shakehead

Shabutie 05-09-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

It doesn't matter...you should still go with Maldini.

Use it if you'd like, crazy italian :eek:

Live Forever 05-09-2006 05:04 PM

Shab, do you think an Official World Cup Thread would be allowed on the Montreal Boards?

Shabutie 05-09-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Shab, do you think an Official World Cup Thread would be allowed on the Montreal Boards?

Ottawa has one, so I don't see why not. You'd have to label it as OT: though.

Phousse 05-09-2006 05:09 PM

Which one is which?

Shabutie 05-09-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun
Which one is which?

Figo is the one I've got right now, Ronaldo is the other. Sheesh ppl Hockey isn't the only sport in the world :D