HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   marchment stinks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25074)

p.l.f. 11-03-2003 07:08 AM

marchment stinks

he's slow and not big enough for his role
at least pushor had size

what a bust

Epoch 11-03-2003 07:16 AM

I'd keep him over Berg.:moon:

ACC1224 11-03-2003 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
I'd keep him over Berg.:moon:

Based on what?

p.l.f. 11-03-2003 07:26 AM

at least berg is big.

put marchment in the package for 'the defenseman'

ACC1224 11-03-2003 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
at least berg is big.

put marchment in the package for 'the defenseman'

so if you say he's so bad for us, why would another team want him? teams don't sit around feeling sorry for the Leafs and try to find ways to help...do you picture management meetings where the GM and his staff sit there and say "ok the Leafs are struggling so I think we should give them are best defenseman and take some of their dead weight"...

Leaf Army 11-03-2003 08:01 AM

I think Marchment's been pretty good for us.

He's being used as our #6 defenceman. I see no problem with that at all. In fact, he's probably one of the better #6 guys in the league.

I wouldn't call him a bust. Sure he's probably overpaid, but he's only on a one-year deal so it's not that big of a problem.

He protects Belfour and makes opposing forwards keep their heads up at all times- something we lacked last year. Plus he's pretty reliable back there.

People were saying he'd play with a lack of discipline, but he's only taken 2 minor penalties in 12 games.

p.l.f. 11-03-2003 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224
so if you say he's so bad for us, why would another team want him? teams don't sit around feeling sorry for the Leafs and try to find ways to help...do you picture management meetings where the GM and his staff sit there and say "ok the Leafs are struggling so I think we should give them are best defenseman and take some of their dead weight"...

1) he's cheap enough
2) adds experience
3) hopefully his reputation over-values his true worth ;)

p.l.f. 11-03-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I think Marchment's been pretty good for us.

He's being used as our #6 defenceman. I see no problem with that at all. In fact, he's probably one of the better #6 guys in the league.

I wouldn't call him a bust. Sure he's probably overpaid, but he's only on a one-year deal so it's not that big of a problem.

He protects Belfour and makes opposing forwards keep their heads up at all times- something we lacked last year. Plus he's pretty reliable back there.

People were saying he'd play with a lack of discipline, but he's only taken 2 minor penalties in 12 games.

i look at it this way, when we get 'the defenseman' ,
marchment is the #7 defenseman, unless berg gets dealt.

Stephen 11-03-2003 06:41 PM

Marchment's just another mediocre part of the puzzle, I don't think he was ever counted on to be the important cog.

It's kind of funny that Quinn committed to this guy with more money and tenure than what Ferguson eventually gave Klee. Klee isn't like the Borje Salming incarnate, but he's so much better..

Jerkini 11-03-2003 06:55 PM

He's not as physical (dirty?) as I thought he would be. I guess it's a probably a good thing, but i was hoping for a little more than 9 PIM.