HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=250930)

Clumsyhab 05-10-2006 08:20 PM

Buffalo Sabres

I've always been fans of Canadian teams, but for some reason, I'm cheering for the Sabres against the Sens. Those Sabres are working very hard and are fast super fast. I think our Habs could take them as an example since I think we have similar teams. I'm watching the game right now and that Afinogenov has been huge. I hope Perezhogin could be the next Afinogenov. Also, they have a lot of french Canadians players who are huge on the team such as Pominville, Dumont and Briere. Also, the player that I have always love is on their team, Chris "clutch" Drury. Their fans are also very crazy!!! :eek:

Live Forever 05-10-2006 08:37 PM

Dude this is by far one of the top 3 games of this years playoffs.

I was just about to sign Ottawa off as big chokers but man they've been battling and got some key goals on the powerplay. Alfie hits a post with 1 second to go. That last period was rocking. The crowd was absolutely nuts and you said it Maxim = Perez...

Teufelsdreck 05-10-2006 08:42 PM

Gainey has an awesome task ahead of him to pull the Habs even with the Sabres. Not only are they fast, they're dangerous on offense and they don't give the opponents much room in their zone. Finally, Miller is a terrific goaltender.

Whitesnake 05-10-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Forever
Dude this is by far one of the top 3 games of this years playoffs.

I was just about to sign Ottawa off as big chokers but man they've been battling and got some key goals on the powerplay. Alfie hits a post with 1 second to go. That last period was rocking. The crowd was absolutely nuts and you said it Maxim = Perez...

I just can't believe how the Sabres play, me too I guess I usually want a Canadian team to go on, and I would like the Sens to win, but I'm cheering as well for the Sabres, totally blown out by their defensive coverage and their transition game.

But personally, I find Maxim much more explosive than Perez and a better puck control at high speed as well.

StanAjax 05-10-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Also, the player that I have always love is on their team, Chris "clutch" Drury.

Who doesn't love Chris Drury ? :dunno:

I always thought Lacroix should have kept 3 players at the deadline : Deadmarsh, Rolston and Drury.

Deadmarsh had a sad end to his career while Blake is still on the Avs team and Reinprecht was also a good player for them for a few years, so this one didn't turn too bad for them.

But Rolston and Drury, I just love them. They can do everything.

Whitesnake 05-10-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Also, they have a lot of french Canadians players who are huge on the team such as Pominville, Dumont and Briere. Also, the player that I have always love is on their team, Chris "clutch" Drury. Their fans are also very crazy!!! :eek:

I can't believe the AVS traded Yelle and Drury for McAmmond, Shantz and Morris....They are more than capable to do stupid trades as well....

As far as the Quebecers are concerned, with the news that Gillett may be making money like never before, I hope they spend wisely in development and drafting mostly in the Q.....

Live Forever 05-10-2006 08:57 PM

To me, I just find that the Ottawa of the post-season plays at the same level as the Ottawa of the regular season...They just don't raise it up a knotch. Like if you compare the Post-season habs with the regular season Habs, you'd see a huge improvement, more desire, more tenacity. When I compare the Sens teams of the rugular season and post-season I don't see much of a difference. It is as if the players don't know how to play at the higher level. Where as Buffalo is completely on fire

Live Forever 05-10-2006 08:58 PM

It's Over!! It's all Over!!! Buffalo wins it in Overtime....CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE!!!!

MacHabs93 05-10-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

It's Over!! It's all Over!!! Buffalo wins it in Overtime....CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE!!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Habsfan18 05-10-2006 08:58 PM

SABRES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

optimus2861 05-10-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

To me, I just find that the Ottawa of the post-season plays at the same level as the Ottawa of the regular season...They just don't raise it up a knotch.
That sounds about right. I said going into the season, and the playoffs, that if Ottawa wanted it, I mean really wanted it, they'd win at least the east going away.

Clearly they didn't really want it. They still can't find that next level they need to play at to win in the playoffs. They got stymied by a hot goalie in game 2, but they didn't deserve to win either game 1 or game 3.

"Senatorus Chokeitus", someone on the Habs NG coined it. Not seen during the winter months but appears annually in the spring. Usually seen in the vicinity of Toronto but it has apparently migrated slightly southeast this year.

tinyzombies 05-10-2006 09:02 PM

As expected, Alfredsson and Havlat didn't want the puck and the average agility on Ottawa's blueline hurt them. booya

Spezza doesn't get it either. You don't wink after scoring when you've never won anything and don't know what you're doing, especially when you're down in the series 0-2. It's a sign of weakness and shows his head was not in it. He's still a kid.

Whitesnake 05-10-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Sorry I can't be happy that they choked 'cause it makes the Leafs fans happy and everytime they're happy, I'm not... :madfire:

ILUVTHISGAME 05-10-2006 09:03 PM

Ryan Miller is just too good!

A real hard-working Sabres team.. definately deserving of kudos!

S.

Live Forever 05-10-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Sorry I can't be happy that they choked 'cause it makes the Leafs fans happy and everytime they're happy, I'm not... :madfire:

Oh I aint saying i'm happy...I'm completely indifferent. I just love this great hockey I've been having the pleasure of watching. I said it from the night Montreal got bumped out of the playoffs that I ain't rooting for anybody in particular, I just want to see good hockey. So pretty much the "choke choke choke" comment was like in the moment...and quite frankly...it's exactly what it is. Ottawa is pretty much choking again.

Marc the Habs Fan 05-10-2006 09:06 PM

Ottawa Senators = Indianapolis Colts.

And you just know that next year, all the experts like baldy McGuire will be on the Ottawa bandwagon right from the start for the umpteenth consecutive season, predicting cup glory yet again and saying this is ''their'' year.

StanAjax 05-10-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimus2861
Usually seen in the vicinity of Toronto but it has apparently migrated slightly southeast this year.

They couldn't find any team closer to Toronto to upset them. Good job. :biglaugh:

Habsfan18 05-10-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Ottawa Senators = Indianapolis Colts.

And you just know that next year, all the experts like baldy McGuire will be on the Ottawa bandwagon right from the start for the umpteenth consecutive season, predicting cup glory yet again and saying this is ''their'' year.

Oh it's alway their year :sarcasm:

zman 05-10-2006 09:08 PM

Thanks for the love folks. We are having a great time in B-Lo! Disappointing that Ottawa fans keep harping on the refs being against them when they lead the series in PP's something like 21-12 and they got a gift 5 on 3 tonight. The difference has been Miller and you're right,,,,Buffalo's intensity has gone up about 100 notches and Ottawa looks like they always do.

Madevilz 05-10-2006 09:09 PM

man it'd be weird if all 4 series in the second rounds end up being sweeps.

StanAjax 05-10-2006 09:09 PM

When this one is said and done, be careful of the Canes. :teach:

StanAjax 05-10-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madevilz
man it'd be weird if all 4 series in the second rounds end up being sweeps.

Hmmm, don't tell that, I still have faith in Edmonton. :(

BigTimer* 05-10-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
I can't believe the AVS traded Yelle and Drury for McAmmond, Shantz and Morris....They are more than capable to do stupid trades as well....

As far as the Quebecers are concerned, with the news that Gillett may be making money like never before, I hope they spend wisely in development and drafting mostly in the Q.....

Yeah, so that the big bad local boys can dominate like they did for the Avalanche this series. Haha, I think not... Lets stick to where the talent is at.

Madevilz 05-10-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanAjax
Hmmm, don't tell that, I still have faith in Edmonton. :(

ya just saying, I love the oilers.

Live Forever 05-10-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanAjax
When this one is said and done, be careful of the Canes. :teach:

What are you talking about...Canes and Habs are still battling it out in game 7. Don't count us out.