HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Conspiracy Theory: Sakic to Montreal for Brisebois and Theodore by Bob Gainey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=251720)

Pere Noel 05-13-2006 01:55 PM

Conspiracy Theory: Sakic to Montreal for Brisebois and Theodore by Bob Gainey

I have a conspiracy theory... Maybe Gainey has found a way to get Sakic out of Colorado...

In my conspiracy theory, Gainey has bought out Brisebois, and manipulated Lacroix's mind into luring him to sign him...

He then used his Dallas' ramifications to do the same with Turgeon...

And Lacroix signed both of them while releasing very valuable players such as Foote and Forsberg...

He then created a boiling situation... with Theodore... to give a flavor of a Patrick Roy crisis syndrome.. to again lure big gambler Lacroix to trade for him...

The result... a Colorado team doomed with soft players, a slow poke Turgeon, never won much in the playoff, a goofy Brisebois, moreso in the playoff, and a goalie who never went beyond the second round... All of which are well paid, enough so that Colorado would have problems keeping other good players....

Sakic, a winner, disgusted by the new crowd of floaters surrounding him, the Avalanche being completly disfigured... seing a cul-de-sac... would hear the new message of Bob and Carbonneau which goes like this:

We have a good, young, and fast team, we are getting better and players around the league know it, we will be in the top five next year, Montreal is the place to be if you want spice, we want fierced players who want to win. We have some cap space that we will use...

Oh, and by the way, we are looking for a center for Kovalev.

This is how my conspiracy theory goes... and this is how, Gainey would have virtually traded Theodore and Brisebois for Sakic and Aebischer (probably back for another commodity).

Doing so, we would have attracted a natural leader, and role model a la Yzerman into our organization. A player who still score 30+ goals and gets more than a point a game.

Raskolnikov76 05-13-2006 02:02 PM

gimme the bong!

HH 05-13-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pere Noel
I have a conspiracy theory... Maybe Gainey has found a way to get Sakic out of Colorado...

In my conspiracy theory, Gainey has bought out Brisebois, and manipulated Lacroix's mind into luring him to sign him...

And Lacroix signed both of them while releasing very valuable players such as Foote and Forsberg...

He then created a boiling situation... with Theodore... to give a flavor of a Patrick Roy crisis syndrome.. to again lure big gambler Lacroix to trade for him...

The result... a Colorado team doomed with soft players, a slow poke Turgeon, never won much in the playoff, a goofy Brisebois, moreso in the playoff, and a goalie who never went beyond the second round... All of which are well paid, enough so that Colorado would have problems keeping other good players....

Sakic, a winner, disgusted by the new crowd of floaters surrounding him, the Avalanche being completly disfigured... seing a cul-de-sac... would hear the new message of Bob and Carbonneau which goes like this:

We have a good, young, and fast team, we are getting better and players around the league know it, we will be in the top five next year, Montreal is the place to be if you want spice, we want fierced players who want to win. We have some cap space that we will use...

This is how my conspiracy theory goes... and this is how, Gainey would have virtually traded Theodore and Brisebois for Sakic and Aebischer (probably back for another commodity).

Doing so, we would have attracted a natural leader, and role model a la Yzerman into our organization. A player who still score 30+ goals and gets more than a point a game.

You got quite an imagination my friend

Whitesnake 05-13-2006 02:14 PM

If Sakic even going to leave Colorado, it will be for Vancouver, not Montreal...

fredez 05-13-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
If Sakic even going to leave Colorado, it will be for Vancouver, not Montreal...

But I don't think that this thread is about reality. In fact, I think this thread comes from another dimension...

JordanStaal#1Fan 05-13-2006 02:21 PM

If that ever happens first I'll cry because I wanted Sakic to be one of those loyal players forever, then I'll get over it and buy Sakic jersey's :)

Pere Noel 05-13-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911
You got quite an imagination my friend

Hey, I am not being very serious here :)

But if it happens, remember that you heard it here first :)

HH 05-13-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

lol if it does and sakic wins us the cup...I'll proclaim you the best medium ever. ;)

Nobak 05-13-2006 03:13 PM

I commend you. That was fun to read.

Pere Noel 05-13-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

lol if it does and sakic wins us the cup...I'll proclaim you the best medium ever. ;)

I will say ! LOL

HH 05-13-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

I will say ! LOL

I hope u do say LOL then.

znk 05-13-2006 09:07 PM

I like it.

You need to change it to add Aebischer to the title.

Capitano 05-14-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

:biglaugh: I got a kick out of that one...nice read lol...

Cap

The Kingslayer 05-14-2006 12:05 PM

:biglaugh:

Hackett 05-14-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

hehe,

anyways, in all seriousness, Sakic said after the ducks eliminated them that he hasn't really thought about his contract status with the avs but he did go on to say "it will get done"

That shouldn't come as a surprise.

Artie 05-15-2006 03:11 PM

This conspiracy was probably hatched during his time in Dallas. The arena is not far from Dealey Plaza and it is a well known fact that Gainey would brown bag it often and go eat in the cozy confines of the Grassy Knoll.

Here he concocted this master plan to rebuild the Habs with the help of a 2nd GM.

I'm with you on this one.

Matrix 05-15-2006 03:15 PM

And then Pierre Gauthier, who some heard that he could be a candidate for the AVS' GM position, get the job and becomes our spy within the AVS organisation......That way we'll be able to get Tanguay for Zednik, Svatos for Bonk and Sakic for Ribeiro..... ;)

tritone 05-15-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Judging by the avatar I'd say he's no medium, he's extra large ;)