HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mtl-St-louis trade rumors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25211)

arsobro 11-03-2003 03:55 PM

Mtl-St-louis trade rumors

St-Louis Blues are looking in acquiring Rivet or Quintal. No player from St-Louis named

jumptheshark 11-03-2003 03:57 PM

who is reporting that the blues want either of those players

gohabsgo2010 11-03-2003 04:27 PM

You're wrong about Quintal being pricey. He's a bargain at the 450,000 the Habs pay him. The rest of his contract, which expires this year, is covered by NYR and CHI.

merlin 11-03-2003 04:31 PM

post a link or a source. If none are available, this post should be deleted.

Plager05 11-03-2003 05:13 PM

If anything the Blues would get a forward. Pronger, Salvador, Khavanov, Jackman, Baron, Finley and Backman(I hope they send Finley or Baron down when comes down to a decision. Backman is ready) are all legit defensemen and they won't be out long enough to neccesitate a trade.

topshelf331 11-03-2003 05:16 PM

I dont think quintal will get another go around in stl.

topshelf331 11-03-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotTheRat
You have got to be kidding? You hope they send Baron down? Uhm, that won't be happening, my friend. There is absolutely zero chance of that happening as a matter of fact. I can completely guarantee that Baron is not going to be sent down. To begin with he's played very well for the Blues this year. Secondly... oh, there doesn't even need to be another reason. Baron isn't going to be sent down. He's played well and would get snatched up on waivers in a heartbeat.
Honestly I cannot imagine a Blues fan wishing to see Baron not on the roster. The guy was such a solid addition to the team.

I totally agree. And I am one of the few that doesnt think backman is ready yet. Could he do it-yes. But he still makes alot of rookie mistakes, like blind passes to no one. Id rather stick with a solid veteran d-man like baron, who by the way is one of our best on the pk. Backman's time will come, but it doesnt have to be right now. Why rush it. At the same time i wouldnt be upset if he did stay up, just not at the cost of baron.

gohabsgo2010 11-03-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin

After the deal was made, Andre Savard reworked Quintal's contract.

Here's the best I can do :

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLA...o1.asp?ID=4615

Note that Quintal's salary is 1.5 million dollars. That dollar ammount is spread relatively equally across the Rangers, Canadiens, and Blackhawks.

I believe it breaks down like this :

Rangers - $550 000
Blackhawks - $500 000
Canadiens - $450 000
------------
Total - $1 500 000

Kritty 11-03-2003 06:18 PM

A post total of 29 and he hasn't come back to say anything about a source of any kind, I call bull****.

Habeas Corpus 11-03-2003 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
After the deal was made, Andre Savard reworked Quintal's contract.

Here's the best I can do :

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLA...o1.asp?ID=4615

Note that Quintal's salary is 1.5 million dollars. That dollar ammount is spread relatively equally across the Rangers, Canadiens, and Blackhawks.

I believe it breaks down like this :

Rangers - $550 000
Blackhawks - $500 000
Canadiens - $450 000
------------
Total - $1 500 000

IMO at that price the habs would have to be crazy to get rid of him.

Plager05 11-03-2003 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotTheRat
You have got to be kidding? You hope they send Baron down? Uhm, that won't be happening, my friend. There is absolutely zero chance of that happening as a matter of fact. I can completely guarantee that Baron is not going to be sent down. To begin with he's played very well for the Blues this year. Secondly... oh, there doesn't even need to be another reason. Baron isn't going to be sent down. He's played well and would get snatched up on waivers in a heartbeat.
Honestly I cannot imagine a Blues fan wishing to see Baron not on the roster. The guy was such a solid addition to the team.

I love Baron, but he's not that great. He gets burned a lot and takes bad penalties because of it. I think his sluggish skating hurts his ability to be physical since he can't afford to go out of his way to make a hit. I'd rather have Finley sent down before Baron though, no question. But I'd still take Backman over Baron.

The Big Aristotle 11-03-2003 07:29 PM

he got the rumour from www.thefourthperiod.com

hockey_nut 11-03-2003 08:05 PM

that was from a week ago... it said the habs were talking to st. louis about them and the habs were interested in gauthier from calgary to replace them on D

but... from one newspaper, i think the ottawa sun... said that teams interested in gauthier haven't been able to work out a deal... so i'm guessing things died down

Vatican Roulette 11-03-2003 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlin

thanks for telling us that

Lambert Closse 11-04-2003 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty
A post total of 29 and he hasn't come back to say anything about a source of any kind, I call bull****.

Again my conspiration theory against Habs fans. Silly post from a supposed habs fan with less than 30 posts.

balddog66 11-04-2003 05:19 AM

The habs are one of the few teams with defensive depth, especially if the youngersters Hainsey and Komisarek develop a little quicker.
What about chopping Dykhuis, isn't he playing in the minors for a million bucks?
sure he could be had for late rounder.

jfont 11-04-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Aristotle
he got the rumour from www.thefourthperiod.com

i'm going through that link and i can't find where it says the blues are looking to acquire rivet...can you help me on this?

Munchausen 11-04-2003 08:53 AM

Here's the link, although the rumor is pretty weak mentionning "unconfirmed reports" as a source (what a surprise coming from the 4th period): http://www.thefourthperiod.com/mtl8.html