HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253015)

vcx* 05-18-2006 02:34 AM

Injury

So we had our 3rd game in our league and we finally won (4-1), during the last 3 minutes i was out on the ice and went to move out the way for one of our players when my right knee gives out and i just somehow fall flat on my back and my head bounces off the ice. I blacked out for 2 seconds and well my knee was in pain. Right now my knee kills and i feel sleepy as hell (whereas usually i'm never sleepy till 3am, have been like that since i was 8yrs old).

My buddy says my eyes were glazed over and thinks i had a very very slight concussion, if that was the case, damn is that weak or what. Also, i haven't had the chance to go for public skate to get my legs back, i feel very uncomfortable out there.

I know playing 2 games in my skates, brand spankin new, isn't enough to break them in and i should go and skate around as much as i can to get the feel for them. My buddy told me to put vaseline inside the boot, another told me to put baby powder. I also have like 3 different in-soles and all 3 hurt like hell and were expensive.

Any one have any take on this? any opinions, comments, suggestions, tips? I'd very much appreciate it.

It has been 7 1/2 years and well, my rust is not coming off, my buddies tell me they see the old potential i had, just that my feet give me too much pain and i am mostly wincing out there.

Phoenix 05-18-2006 09:29 PM

What do you mean your knee just 'gave out'??? You didn't do your cruciate somehow did you?

Headcoach 05-19-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels
So we had our 3rd game in our league and we finally won (4-1), during the last 3 minutes i was out on the ice and went to move out the way for one of our players when my right knee gives out and i just somehow fall flat on my back and my head bounces off the ice. I blacked out for 2 seconds and well my knee was in pain. Right now my knee kills and i feel sleepy as hell (whereas usually i'm never sleepy till 3am, have been like that since i was 8yrs old).

My buddy says my eyes were glazed over and thinks i had a very very slight concussion, if that was the case, damn is that weak or what. Also, i haven't had the chance to go for public skate to get my legs back, i feel very uncomfortable out there.

I know playing 2 games in my skates, brand spankin new, isn't enough to break them in and i should go and skate around as much as i can to get the feel for them. My buddy told me to put vaseline inside the boot, another told me to put baby powder. I also have like 3 different in-soles and all 3 hurt like hell and were expensive.

Any one have any take on this? any opinions, comments, suggestions, tips? I'd very much appreciate it.

It has been 7 1/2 years and well, my rust is not coming off, my buddies tell me they see the old potential i had, just that my feet give me too much pain and i am mostly wincing out there.

I would not mess with the concussion, people die from that! Are you having head aches? If so, go see a doctor....today!

As for your knee. Is it still swollen? Does it still hurt? In any case, you need to take care of it. Keep it elevated and alternate Ice and a heat pack. Then, after two weeks, I recommend going to the gym and working with some light weights.

Once you have done that for several weeks then you can go skate. If you try to speed up the process, you will just re-injure it and you are back in the same boat.

As for the new skates. You can pour hot water to warm water in the skates and then lace them up. The skate will form to your feet. If you don't want to do that, put them on while you are watching TV. Use some skate guards, you don't need to replace carpet.

Head coach
www.passthepuck.net

vcx* 05-19-2006 02:36 PM

Yeah i went to the doc i had a very slight concussion and my knee was just sprained, its an old injury from back when i used to play, it sort of just buckled on me and yeah, it happens. I should've worn my brace. I did go to the gym and did light weights, just to make sure its still fine.

You know, my friend suggested that also, to wear them around the house with the guards, i should try that today.

Hugh Madbrough 05-19-2006 03:04 PM

If I were you I would wear them a little bit at a time. If it starts to hurt take em off. I have heard of people wearing wet socks to shorten a break in time. Never did that myself so I can't for sure if it works.

Jason4 05-19-2006 04:19 PM

Welcome to hockey....I have more titanium in my ankles then I have bone from all my injuries. :D