HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fourth Period:Arnott, Richards & Savard (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253042)

JimmyD 05-18-2006 07:09 AM

Fourth Period:Arnott, Richards & Savard

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060517.html

beowulf 05-18-2006 07:13 AM

I'll believe it once I see one of them in a Habs jersey. As far as Savard he does not interest me.

Joe Cole 05-18-2006 07:27 AM

That was the most useless and uninformative article that I have read in a long time.

So and so says that he Habs need a blah blah. Mr. X and Mr.Y are the names mentionned most often.

So what.

Artyukhin* 05-18-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
That was the most useless and uninformative article that I have read in a long time.

So and so says that he Habs need a blah blah. Mr. X and Mr.Y are the names mentionned most often.

So what.

thats why i only read the 5 th period :) way better

http://www.thefifthperiod.com/news/mtl060517.html

i was going to subscribe to the 6th period but to expensive

http://www.thesixthperiod.com/news/mtl060517.html

Dutch 05-18-2006 08:39 AM

Savard is a cancer in a locker room. No need for him.

Kafka 05-18-2006 10:28 AM

I guess a cancer in the room is what Habs players currently need to for a real team against that cancer..... currenlty, there is no team spirit in Montreal, even with Craig Rivet "room" leadership.

Freaky Habs Fan 05-18-2006 10:45 AM

take it for what it's worth, but the Eklund junior, Code was his name I think, really beleives that the Habs will get their hands on Brad Richards this summer. He was 90% sure.

Habs 4 Life 05-18-2006 10:49 AM

Gainey loves Brad Richards but the problem is that so does Feaster.I think Feaster will re-sign Richards and try to trade St-Louis but no one will bite.He will then be forced to trade Lecavalier and thats when we jump on him and get Vinny.I beleive Gainey will get a true #1 Centerman this off season

Pat 05-18-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
Gainey loves Brad Richards but the problem is that so does Feaster.I think Feaster will re-sign Richards and try to trade St-Louis but no one will bite.He will then be forced to trade Lecavalier and thats when we jump on him and get Vinny.I beleive Gainey will get a true #1 Centerman this off season

I don't see Lacavalier leaving T-bay anytime soon. and IF T-Bay tries to deal St-Louis, IMO there'll be some takers

Freaky Habs Fan 05-18-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat
I don't see Lacavalier leaving T-bay anytime soon. and IF T-Bay tries to deal St-Louis, IMO there'll be some takers

yeah...even if his salary is way way way too high! And expect a goaltender to go in the other way...Nabokov or Guigere...

Pat 05-18-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
yeah...even if his salary is way way way too high! And expect a goaltender to go in the other way...Nabokov or Guigere...

St-Louis for Aebicher :eek:
I'd do it, but no way T-Bay does that one ;)

Dan K 05-18-2006 11:04 AM

Again, the only way we could conceivable get Richards is a big package *starting* with Markov and/or Higgins.

Something like Markov, Higgins, Ryder, and Ribeiro, while unrealistic, is IMO the kind of package some team will offer up for Richards.

Shabutie 05-18-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Again, the only way we could conceivable get Richards is a big package *starting* with Markov and/or Higgins.

Something like Markov, Higgins, Ryder, and Ribeiro, while unrealistic, is IMO the kind of package some team will offer up for Richards.

Komi + Higgins + Ryder, imo would get'er done.

Netro 05-18-2006 11:26 AM

I would not touch Savard. Odds are, after the stats he just put up, he will get a rich contract that may hinder a team's cap space over the course of the contract. We may have seen the best of Savard this year and I don't want the Habs to be the team that gets stuck with the bad contract.

As for Brad Richards, I would be thrilled to see the Habs get him. But I highly doubt it will happen because:
(1) I see TB re-signing him and then trading away St.Louis
(2) The package to get him would be too high. It would cost the Habs too much of their young, up and coming players like Higgins and Komi and to me it is a no go. In the age of the salary cap, young cheap players who contribute like Komi and Higgins are very important assets to keep

ChemiseBleuHonnete 05-18-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
I guess a cancer in the room is what Habs players currently need to for a real team against that cancer..... currenlty, there is no team spirit in Montreal, even with Craig Rivet "room" leadership.

:propeller

Bronn 05-18-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat

I wouldn't

St-Louis 's contract is too much of a risk imho.For what he would cost us monetarily, we could have a much better alternative somewhere else i think.

MSL is overrated imo

znk 05-18-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat

No way I'd do that....I think St-Louis isnt worth 6.5 millions. That would really tie our hands up.

Habsfan 32 05-18-2006 11:53 AM

Souray + Ribeiro for Richards :sarcasm:

BigTimer* 05-18-2006 12:05 PM

Aebischer + 2006 first rounder + Ribeiro + Perezhogin

That's probably the most logical offer we can make. 1st rounder helps their putrid prospect pool. Aebischer gets his chance as a starter while Coleman develops for a couple of years. Ribeiro will probably become a legit #2 center with a workhorse center like Lecavalier ahead of him, while Perezhogin helps out the wings.

Kafka 05-18-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life

We don't need an other small talent french speaking guy with the Habs uniform!

Kafka 05-18-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer
Aebischer + 2006 first rounder + Ribeiro + Perezhogin

The odds are that you will most likely see (if it ever happens) something like Aebicher + pick for Richards....... Richards will cost money and will be an UFA at the end of his next contract.

You guys have some difficulties juging the value of players with the new rules.

BigTimer* 05-18-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

The odds are that you will most likely see (if it ever happens) something like Aebicher + pick for Richards....... Richards will cost money and will be an UFA at the end of his next contract.

You guys have some difficulties juging the value of players with the new rules.

A players value isn't the strict determiner of what to offer for him. In order for Tampa to accept the offer you need to beat out 28 other teams who have their own interpretation of Richards' value. Do you think that if Gainey gave Feaster a sexy little wink that Jay would just hang up on the other offers he gets? You're dreaming in high-definition.

And what does the new rules have anything to do with Richards being a UFA? He's 26 now and with a 4 year contract he's a UFA at 30. A big whopping one year difference than pre-CBA.

Beakermania* 05-18-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer
A players value isn't the strict determiner of what to offer for him. In order for Tampa to accept the offer you need to beat out 28 other teams who have their own interpretation of Richards' value. Do you think that if Gainey gave Feaster a sexy little wink that Jay would just hang up on the other offers he gets? You're dreaming in high-definition.

And what does the new rules have anything to do with Richards being a UFA? He's 26 now and with a 4 year contract he's a UFA at 30. A big whopping one year difference than pre-CBA.

Richards will be a UFA after next season if Tampa doesn't lock him up past one year.

BigTimer* 05-18-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania
Richards will be a UFA after next season if Tampa doesn't lock him up past one year.

Sign + Trades. Big in the NBA and also once in awhile NFL. Both salary cap leagues.

And as a RFA he doesn't play until he signs a new contract. So what's your point?

Mike8 05-18-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

I'm curious if this is sarcasm, or just another fan that thinks they know the inner-workings of the Canadiens' lockerroom.