HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect time! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253234)

montreal 05-18-2006 08:05 PM

Prospect time!

Well I finally got around to creating my own website to cover the Canadiens prospects. I did throw it together kinda fast, so there are still bugs to be worked out and I really had no clue what I was doing, so aside from some help by the poster Habductor, I would never have been able to get the site off the ground.

Right now it's just profiles, a depth chart and a couple articles. I plan on doing an article soon on the season review for all the prospects and likely a top 20 article. After that I hope to have something done for the draft as it gets closer to the big weekend.

I don't have any stats in the profiles, not sure how I'm going to work that.

Anyways for those fans of our prospects, check it out.

www.Habprospects.com

Talent Analyst 05-18-2006 08:09 PM

Good luck man !!! :handclap:

Shabutie 05-18-2006 08:19 PM

Good stuff, I always enjoy reading your thoughts about our prospects, so I'll definitey be visiting the site regularly.

CareyClutch 05-18-2006 08:22 PM

nice job :handclap:

toshiro 05-18-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Well I finally got around to creating my own website to cover the Canadiens prospects. I did throw it together kinda fast, so there are still bugs to be worked out and I really had no clue what I was doing, so aside from some help by the poster Habductor, I would never have been able to get the site off the ground.

Right now it's just profiles, a depth chart and a couple articles. I plan on doing an article soon on the season review for all the prospects and likely a top 20 article. After that I hope to have something done for the draft as it gets closer to the big weekend.

I don't have any stats in the profiles, not sure how I'm going to work that.

Anyways for those fans of our prospects, check it out.

www.Habprospects.com

It is incredible Dan

Talent Analyst 05-18-2006 08:33 PM

A suggestion : can u add the stats of the player ??? and ur projection for the player ??

IMO its will be better .

Its just a suggestion ;)

beowulf 05-18-2006 08:58 PM

What I have looked at so far if pretty nice. Only thing I might add in the future is some stats on the profiles. Well done!!

Rise from the Ashes 05-18-2006 09:16 PM

congratulations Dan, very impressed, im sure Habs fans across the world will view you site and be pleasantly surprised.

CaptCrunch 05-18-2006 09:18 PM

Thank you Dan!

Although I am already a reader of yours, frequenting habsworld and all.

;) :D

Teufelsdreck 05-18-2006 10:15 PM

I'm glad to see the site, Dan, and good luck. I read a few profiles at random and noticed that something was missing: the team they are currently playing for.

montreal 05-19-2006 12:15 AM

Thanks for checking out the site and for you suggestions. I still don't know how I'm going to handle the stats. It's one problem I always had at HF since it had to be done in tables and I suck at tables, but tables do look good. I got to work the next couple of days so I might not have time to work on it, but next week I'll look into the stats more.

I just put up another article on the june 1st deadline since it's less then 2 weeks away now.

Beatnik 05-19-2006 12:17 AM

That's great Dan!

You are by far the best writer about the habs prospects. :bow:

Rise from the Ashes 05-19-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Thanks for checking out the site and for you suggestions. I still don't know how I'm going to handle the stats. It's one problem I always had at HF since it had to be done in tables and I suck at tables, but tables do look good. I got to work the next couple of days so I might not have time to work on it, but next week I'll look into the stats more.

I just put up another article on the june 1st deadline since it's less then 2 weeks away now.

sweeet

Matrix 05-19-2006 11:08 AM

Definately a reader of yours for years to come! :yo:

Habs 4 Life 05-19-2006 11:48 AM

Good luck :handclap:

Prospector 05-19-2006 12:59 PM

That's a good news for habs' fans!!

Good luck!

Habsaku 05-19-2006 01:17 PM

Good job, its worth mentionning. Would you mind if we told you when we found typos or bugs?

sXe 05-19-2006 02:04 PM

Bookmarked!

montreal 05-19-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Good job, its worth mentionning. Would you mind if we told you when we found typos or bugs?

That would be a help. I always had an editor in the past, so now I'm sure their will be mistakes in the articles and bugs I am sure there's a couple cause I'm still trying to find my way through the PHP Nuke. But I wanted to get something started and really focus on putting out some articles cause I haven't done any in a couple months.

Slick Nick 05-19-2006 04:53 PM

Great work Dan. Hope you keep this site updated frequently! :clap:

Nova_Scotia_Vees 05-19-2006 10:02 PM

nice site but i hate the pic of Aubin scoring on the moose

Team_Spirit 05-20-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe
Bookmarked!

Yes sir , i hope this site get the exposure it deserve!

marvelousmotion 05-20-2006 02:30 AM

two thumbs up! :yo:

CH Wizard 05-20-2006 02:28 PM

Nice stuff! Thx alot.

montreal 05-21-2006 01:09 AM

I put up a part of the prospect season review. It would be way too long to do as one article, so I will put it into 3 smaller ones. pt 1- Euro's, pt 2 CHL/NCAA, pt 3 AHL/ECHL.