HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Aaron Ward on Koivu (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253269)

Teufelsdreck 05-18-2006 11:03 PM

Aaron Ward on Koivu

Ward affirmed that the loss of Koivu was the turning point in the Carolina round. He said it energized his team.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/204502.html

Thanks again, Jason!

High flyin' Habs* 05-18-2006 11:08 PM

He also said on tsn earlier today that the best atmosphere he ever played in was at the Bell centre...

David 05-18-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Ward affirmed that the loss of Koivu was the turning point in the Carolina round. He said it energized his team.

Thanks again, Jason!

Wasn't this OBVIOUS?

The sad losers on this year's CH team packed it in and mailed it home once Koivu went down. :cry: :cry: :cry:

What's even more pathetic is the CH fan's reaction afterward congratulating these quitters for quitting! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Montreal will never regain its hockey supremacy with this kind of attitude. We are not the Toronto Maple Leafs. This is unacceptable. We have to expect more and deliver more.

Only if we had some Horcoffs and Moreaus who'll do ANYTHING to win instead of some of the poor excuses for hockey players that are on this year's CH team...

znk 05-18-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Wasn't this OBVIOUS?

The sad losers on this year's CH team packed it in and mailed it home once Koivu went down. :cry: :cry: :cry:

What's even more pathetic is the CH fan's reaction afterward congratulating these quitters for quitting! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Montreal will never regain its hockey supremacy with this kind of attitude. We are not the Toronto Maple Leafs. This is unacceptable. We have to expect more and deliver more.

Only if we had some Horcoffs and Moreaus who'll do ANYTHING to win instead of some of the poor excuses for hockey players that are on this year's CH team...

hummm...you obviously quit and stopped watching the games when Koivu left. Habs played great durring this series and the last game was probably the best game of the year. I just dont know wether to laugh or cry when I read stuff like that.

David 05-18-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
hummm...you obviously quit and stopped watching the games when Koivu left. Habs played great durring this series and the last game was probably the best game of the year. I just dont know wether to laugh or cry when I read stuff like that.

You mean the last period and a half was the best hockey played by CH for the entire year...which by the way was a little too little, a little too late. :shakehead

I mean even the other team's players are admitting as much, why can't the CH fans??? :dunno:

Toro 05-18-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Wasn't this OBVIOUS?

please why ruin a perfectly good thread, do you have nothing positive to say at all??

Nothing positive happened this season??

WoodGundy 05-18-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck

Thanks again, Jason!

Who is Jason?

David 05-18-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro
please why ruin a perfectly good thread, do you have nothing positive to say at all??

Nothing positive happened this season??

When positive is deserved then positive will be said.

Complacency breeds mediocrity.

If no one is willing to point out that the emperor has no clothes for the sake of not rocking the boat then we will soon be hearing 1993 as an insult like that blue and white team.

HULKOVALEV* 05-18-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodGundy
Who is Jason?

Williams, the high-stick machine

znk 05-18-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

If no one is willing to point out that the emperor has no clothes for the sake of not rocking the boat then we will soon be hearing 1993 as an insult like that blue and white team.

Seriously get a frigging clue....lost 4 games by 1 goal. 3 in OT.

I rather get this guys opinion http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=252522
then yours.

sad...truly sad.....Maybe you should consider rooting for a team that suites your needs and let us enjoy the Habs.

David_99 05-18-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

um, get a girlfriend?

hockeyfan125 05-18-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HULKOVALEV
Williams, the high-stick machine

JUSTIN Williams

David 05-18-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Seriously get a frigging clue....lost 4 games by 1 goal. 3 in OT.

I rather get this guys opinion http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=252522
then yours.

sad...truly sad.....Maybe you should consider rooting for a team that suites your needs and let us enjoy the Habs.

It's not the score but HOW they lost...and are you saying that meekly bowing out in the first round after being 10 minutes from 3-0 is meeting your needs? :shakehead

I won't waste any more time talking about this topic to you then.

David 05-18-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_99
um, get a girlfriend?

I wanted to but the wife didn't like it. ;)

Form and Substance 05-19-2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

I wanted to but the wife didn't like it. ;)

Touché as those pompous transvestites like to put it.

Toro 05-19-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

thanks u r funny, i needed a laugh.

but really u r taking everything a little too serious, we were not destined to win this year, we did not have the complete package.

But next season we will be in a much better position to make a push for the cup. and even better after that.

So come on and try to take some positive out of this season.

see if you can tell me 3 things that happened this season that were beneficial to MTL's Future.

It might help you feel better, if it doesn't take a couple deep breaths and believe in Gainey. He will make things happen just watch. It will start with Huet's Signature on a Contract in MTL. :yo:

znk 05-19-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

It's not the score but HOW they lost...and are you saying that meekly bowing out in the first round after being 10 minutes from 3-0 is meeting your needs? :shakehead

What do you have to say about Rutherford's comments? Did you not read them....or are you ignoring them on purpose?

davey999 05-19-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

When are you going to learn that you can't say anything negative on this board? :sarcasm:

Come on, you don't expect a team that had won 3 of it's last 9 playoff series to shoot for anything better, do you?

davey999 05-19-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
What do you have to say about Rutherford's comments? Did you not read them....or are you ignoring them on purpose?

Who cares what Rutherford said?

Oh great, another GM says we're a good team after coming back from 2-0 down.

BIG DEAL.

AH 05-19-2006 09:38 AM

Instead of whining what the hell do you clowns propose as a solution then? (I am talking to the Daves).

I dont know how old you are but I am willing to bet that one or both of you have seen some part of the 70s and somehow expect things to go back to 'normal' in your mind. Just because there is a history of winning, it doesn't mean we all have a 'right' to expect a winner.

davey999 05-19-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH
Instead of whining what the hell do you clowns propose as a solution then? (I am talking to the Daves).

I dont know how old you are but I am willing to bet that one or both of you have seen some part of the 70s and somehow expect things to go back to 'normal' in your mind. Just because there is a history of winning, it doesn't mean we all have a 'right' to expect a winner.

I'm 30. I suggest that people around here not accept mediocrity like they are doing currently. That's all.

For people to come on this board after the elimination and say "great season, guys", is an absolute joke.

We finished 15th in a 30 team league and lost in the first round without winning a home game. I don't consider that a good season.

There were some positives (Higgins, Komi etc) but I expect this team to attempt to greatly improve this team in the summer, like the Oilers did this past year.

Pat 05-19-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davey999
I'm 30. I suggest that people around here not accept mediocrity like they are doing currently. That's all.

For people to come on this board after the elimination and say "great season, guys", is an absolute joke.

We finished 15th in a 30 team league and lost in the first round without winning a home game. I don't consider that a good season.

There were some positives (Higgins, Komi etc) but I expect this team to attempt to greatly improve this team in the summer, like the Oilers did this past year.

I agree...Habs had a very mediocre season. Habs wouldn't even have made the playoffs if it wasn't for Huet.

AH 05-19-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat
I agree...Habs had a very mediocre season. Habs wouldn't even have made the playoffs if it wasn't for Huet.

And neither would have the Canes if it wasn't for Gerber ... and they would have lost in the 1st round if it wasn't for Ward.... Everyone needs goaltending so I dont know why Montreal is held to a different standard.

davey999 05-19-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH
And neither would have the Canes if it wasn't for Gerber ... and they would have lost in the 1st round if it wasn't for Ward.... Everyone needs goaltending so I dont know why Montreal is held to a different standard.

The Canes wouldn't have made the playoffs without Gerber? Not true.

Carolina gave up more goals than Philly (and the same as TB) yet ended up with 112 points.

jester099 05-19-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davey999

10 games over .500 in a very competitive league with a team with 4 or five rookies in it ?

It's maybe not the best season ever, but you have very high standard if you think it was mediocre ?

In today's NHL, it's a fight just to make the playoffs. In my mind, mediocre teams don't make the playoffs.

Do you think we would have won the cup, or beat the Nords in 93 if Damphousse or Muller only plays the first 2 games of the first serie ? I highly doubt it.

**** happens, and it's not always in your control. We got beat by a very good team in a series where uncontrolable events went against us. And we put up quite a fight with a very young and inexperienced team.

Please stop the negative crap.