HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Memorial Cup Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253477)

Whitesnake 05-19-2006 06:29 PM

Memorial Cup Thread

Petes vs Remparts tonight!

1st game of the Memorial Cup 2006

First shift: Our own Greg Stewart faces Radulov's line. Talk about a real test!

Anybody have a complete list on the 2006 eligible draft picks playing in this tournament?

I know that Joey Ryan #5 for Quebec is worth a look. What about the others???

I know about Staal and could be fun to watch though he obviously will not be there for us so....

I had hoped Moncton would be behind the other Quebec team, I can't believe they would like to see an Ontarian or Western team win.....

Whitesnake 05-19-2006 06:40 PM

First impression : Panthers have a good goalie prospect in David Shantz....

Proof you can still draft a good goalie in the 2nd round... ;)

HabsBaby18* 05-19-2006 06:56 PM

I really like the REMPARTS JERSEY !!! :yo:

Mathletic 05-19-2006 07:08 PM

slow start for the Remparts but they started picking it up on the 2nd pk and then took over the game on their 1st PP. I expect the Remparts to take the lead and win this one by 2 or 3 goals.

Team_Spirit 05-19-2006 07:10 PM

Good period by Quebec , killing 2 penaltys to start the period . I think they have something like 20 shots and were very dangerous . Pat Roy seems to use only 2 D pair most of the time i think hes gonna have to use the 3rd pair more often or they will get tired fast.

terreur 05-19-2006 07:11 PM

what do you guys think of Vlasic as a D?

znk 05-19-2006 07:22 PM

Good game so far.

Radulov kicks ***....Nashville fans are lucky.

HabsBaby18* 05-19-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
Good game so far.

Radulov kicks ***....Nashville fans are lucky.

remember ... Simon Gamache

nuff said

lol

Form and Substance 05-19-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

nuff said

lol

There's a big difference between Gamache and Radulov.

Beatnik 05-19-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

nuff said

lol

What's the point? Gamache never been a good prospect. Every league have those highly productive guys without NHL tools :huh:

Radu is an amazing player and a great prospect. By far the best player on ice tonite.

znk 05-19-2006 08:09 PM

I havent seen alot of Radulov would I be wrong comparing him to Marian Hossa?

Whitesnake 05-19-2006 08:42 PM

Impressed by : Radulov, Shantz

Not impressed by : Stewart :cry: , Ryan, Melanson, Staal

Does some people really think Jordan will be better than Eric???

Beatnik 05-19-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk
I havent seen alot of Radulov would I be wrong comparing him to Marian Hossa?

Yeah he's a bit similar. He really reminds me Kovalev, + a huge passion for the game.

tiredman 05-19-2006 09:10 PM

For the Remparts :
Radulov, Lacroix, Bergeron, Robillard, Lavallée and Sheppard played well.
Melanson, Ryan, Vlasic, Esposito, Veilleux and Desjardins were so so.
Sersen, Courcelles and Aubin were horrible.

Maxpac 05-19-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Impressed by : Radulov, Shantz

Not impressed by : Stewart :cry: , Ryan, Melanson, Staal

Does some people really think Jordan will be better than Eric???

You don't really remember Eric at the same age don't you?

VanNistelrooy 05-19-2006 10:28 PM

I actually feel bad for Quebec fans. imo, they dominated the game.

Whitesnake 05-19-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
You don't really remember Eric at the same age don't you?

No so tell me. Was he that invisible??? I know it's only one game, but actually it was a real question from my part, and since I didn't see Eric play that much in juniors, what makes the experts think Jordan has more than Eric to succeed??? Since you seem to remember him well, hope you can enlighten me...

Whitesnake 05-19-2006 10:57 PM

Another player I found impressive was Pierre Bergeron, a UFA d-man who was real solid in his own end, with some thunderous checks as well. Might worth a longer look and maybe a amateur camp invitation if he continues doing well...

Mathletic 05-19-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy
I actually feel bad for Quebec fans. imo, they dominated the game.

it sucked to lose that one but the tournament isn't over yet. I'm glad people had to chance to witness Radu's immense talent.

Team_Spirit 05-19-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Another player I found impressive was Pierre Bergeron, a UFA d-man who was real solid in his own end, with some thunderous checks as well. Might worth a longer look and maybe a amateur camp invitation if he continues doing well...

I loved it when he knocked down Downie with the monster hit :yo:

MassiveHabs 05-20-2006 05:51 PM

webcast anyone?

Mathletic 05-20-2006 07:01 PM

horrible 1st period for the Cats ... and yes Brule is good but he's showing what kind of player he'll be in the NHL, he'll win his faceoffs, hit you and make good defensive plays but he probably won't do much offensively and I still think the Canadiens made the right pick by taking Price.

On this note, I hope the Cats will play better because right now they look like they're not even in the same league as the Giants.

Whitesnake 05-20-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
horrible 1st period for the Cats ... and yes Brule is good but he's showing what kind of player he'll be in the NHL, he'll win his faceoffs, hit you and make good defensive plays but he probably won't do much offensively and I still think the Canadiens made the right pick by taking Price.

On this note, I hope the Cats will play better because right now they look like they're not even in the same league as the Giants.

He did have 4 points in 7 games for the short period of time he was there....And he's damn impressive at faceoff circle something we're not too strong at....

But we'll see....

Mathletic 05-20-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

He did have 4 points in 7 games for the short period of time he was there....And he's damn impressive at faceoff circle something we're not too strong at....

But we'll see....

I don't think there's a lot of things that Brule does that Chipchura can't do

Whitesnake 05-20-2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I don't think there's a lot of things that Brule does that Chipchura can't do

Chipper's offensive touch is still unknown. But pretty good at the faceoff circle....

Just hate that man's crush those guys at RDS are having right now, maybe if they were really aware of all those prospects, they would be able to talk about it.....Wondering if Leroux is really aware of all the other prospects in the CHL or he just goes by the numbers and act like he's really knowing everything....