HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Blackhawks withdraw contract offer to Foley (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253522)

Majik1987 05-19-2006 11:21 PM

Blackhawks withdraw contract offer to Foley

In a move that somehow surprises me, and at the same time doesn't given the way this organization treats its employees, the Blackhawks withdrew their contract offer to 25 year voice of the Hawks, Pat Foley. Probably one of the best play by play men in all of hockey. Another sad day for the franchise.

Press release

MiamiScreamingEagles 05-19-2006 11:32 PM

That is too bad. He is one of my favorites. I enjoyed listening to his broadcasts over the 'net. I saw this article, too:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines

Majik1987 05-19-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

The Hawks did not make a formal announcement regarding Foley, instead sending out a press release at 7 p.m. Friday evening.
Unreal. A press release at 7pm on Friday, coincidently on the weekend of the much hyped Sox-Cubs series. The lack of class in this organization is unmatched in sports. Harkens back to the firing of Coach Ray when they slipped a note under the door of his hotel room. On Christmas Eve, no less.

GaryU 05-20-2006 07:28 AM

Being a Hawk fan just got harder....again.

Gardebut30 05-20-2006 07:54 AM

The only way this could be more sickening is if they bring in a complete boob to replace him, which I'm quite confident they will.

JB* 05-20-2006 03:38 PM

(bleep)ing blackhawks....

who_me? 05-20-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardebut30
The only way this could be more sickening is if they bring in a complete boob to replace him, which I'm quite confident they will.

i thought someone had mentioned that Jim Blaney was going to replace him. anyway, i got sick of Foley's pimping of Duncan Keith all season long so sayonara!

Gardebut30 05-20-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_me?
i thought someone had mentioned that Jim Blaney was going to replace him. anyway, i got sick of Foley's pimping of Duncan Keith all season long so sayonara!

Even if you didn't like Duncan Keith or Foley's 'pimping' of him, that's enough for you to be happy he's gone? :shakehead

GKJ 05-20-2006 08:05 PM

I hear OLN is looking for help next season...

Teemu 05-20-2006 09:07 PM

We should just sell our fanships to other teams at this point.

I think we'll always remember...
http://www.hockey-humor.com/PatVKarp.mp3

Gator Mike 05-20-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I hear OLN is looking for help next season...

That would be very shrewd.

Foley's the best in the business. If the Hawks are foolish enough to give him up, then it would be great if he could land on his feet with a national job.

Wally112pac 05-21-2006 03:04 AM

I'm the only Hawk fan that doesn't care that he isn't comin back nor do i care for him.

He's a classless jerk who got fed up with the team when they would lose.

I'll give him credit though. He was a good announcer and had his own style.

Majik1987 05-21-2006 09:48 PM

I hadn't thought of the OLN angle. Could the Hawks loss be hockey's gain? That would be fantastic if he went there!

Curt Fraser 05-24-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardebut30

That's the truth, I feel like I've lost a good friend.

This may bet the last straw for me. I don't know if I can be a Hawks fan any more.

BigPete 05-25-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally112pac
He's (Foley) a classless jerk who got fed up with the team when they would lose.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but seriously...I think if anything, he became more of a voice for the fans than for the two old geezers signing his checks. How could you ever call him classless. What, like how the Organ-I-zation treated him was soooo much better???

Hey Peter Wirtz is that you, spewing more company propaganda? Bring back the roar!?! Ha! That's good, with all 200 fans you drew into see your product this year, right, good luck with that one! Now is such a good time to let go the only entertaining part of your show, the Blacksucks?

Wally112pac 05-25-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPete
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but seriously...I think if anything, he became more of a voice for the fans than for the two old geezers signing his checks. How could you ever call him classless. What, like how the Organ-I-zation treated him was soooo much better???

Download the link to his rip on karpotsev.

I don't care how bad a player was for your team. You don't rip into him like that.

That's the first time i've heard someone in the NHL sceen do that. Classless as hell.

BigPete 05-25-2006 11:30 PM

Dude, I know you know exactly how funny that was and how many times it has been listened to on the radio and internet. I can't think of a better way to gain an audience than by doing something as audacious.
And besides, can you honestly say that after having to watch that turd Krapotsov every game for two+ years that you didn't feel the same way...and share it in a public forum?
I am sure if BHZ was still up I could find plenty of your posts lauding his rant.

Wally112pac 05-25-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPete
I am sure if BHZ was still up I could find plenty of your posts lauding his rant.

Nope.

I said the same thing there.

Classless as hell. Good ole jimc and gregs thought otherwise and i told them why he was a jerk for saying what he did.

Even if i ever did put karpo down i'm not a professional. I'm not paid to work for a multi million dollar organization and handle myself with dignity and class.

There's things you do when you're in the big leagues and things you don't. What foley did was bush league.

ThisInsecureMoron 05-26-2006 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally112pac

He's a classless jerk who got fed up with the team when they would lose.

That's better than not caring. During the 05-06 season when I watched a lot of Penguins' games... I really got mad at the fact that Mike Lange, the Penguins pxp-man was just so... untouched.

Foley's every word about Karpovtsev was correct and I'm glad he wasn't politically correct about the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu
We should just sell our fanships to other teams at this point.

I think we'll always remember...
http://www.hockey-humor.com/PatVKarp.mp3

I had been lookin for that one, thanks my favorite moderator ;) ... ssh.. do not reveal my identity!

Wally112pac 05-26-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuriken

Foley's every word about Karpovtsev was correct

What if they were?

Those are things you keep to yourself.

Who else in the NHL has humiliated a player like that after they left a team?

He did it to get a cheap pop from the few remaining fans. (99% of them loved it) That doesn't make it right.

Reverend Salty 05-26-2006 11:49 AM

As a Leafs fan, I totally agree with Foley's thoughts on Karpovtsev. We gave up Schneider for him.

On another note, I personally think that an announcer who is a fan of the team is definately a good thing. We in Toronto have Joe Bowen, and if there is a bigger homer any league, I would be shocked to see who. Personally, from what I heard from that link, Foley is exactly the man you want announcing for the team and being the voice for the fans.

P.S. Thanks for McCabe. :D (sorry, couldn't resist).

Teemu 06-06-2006 12:51 PM

http://patfoley.ytmnd.com/ :yo:

Stevedude530 06-09-2006 03:51 PM

That rant is awesome. I hope the Devs hire him.

boredmale 06-09-2006 09:37 PM

I liked Foley better as Cactus Jack personally.