HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   how is Hainsey doing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25385)

Johnny Danger 11-04-2003 09:20 AM

how is Hainsey doing?

thx ;)

JeromeHP 11-04-2003 09:25 AM

So far he has been ok

Some game is really good but other im scratcing my head wondering what the habs were thinking picking him 13th overall.

I think it's all in his head if he wanted to be a good nhl defensemen he can but how much is he wanted?

Remain to be seen?

Darz 11-04-2003 09:27 AM

So far in part time action (Hainsey has played 7 out of the teams 12 games), it looks that Hainsey has taken that next step towards being a good NHL dman. He seems to have gotten over that 'just glad to be hear' and 'I hope I don't make a mistake' type play he showed last year and is playing with a bit of an edge out there. He still makes mistakes during games, but most of them are the rookie type you expect.
I fully expect to see him playing every game by the end of this year, and be a full time, 30 point dman next year.

tinyzombies 11-04-2003 09:43 AM

He's doing ok for a 6-3 kid who hasn't filled out yet.

I'd like to see him be more physical, but it's probably just a matter of waiting a year or two until his body fills.

I'd also like to see him be quicker out there. I know he's trying to be patient tho, so he just needs more playing time to find his groove and get his body.

Otherwise, at this stage he's doing pretty well for a big kid.

I like that Julien is handling him with kid gloves. Better than Therrien who didn't know what to do with kids.

GilleZ 11-04-2003 10:27 AM

His been ready since game 1 last season to be a constructive part of the team, but management tought that he needed to learn that big salaries means big ice time, and rookie means, take you place and wait. So he got bored, playing 10min a game this season.

Look, he his ganna be replaced by Boullion tonight, hello, Rivet has been brutal since the start of the season...

I think were like San-Jose. They had, Marleau, Jillson, Sturm, etc, and they played all their wash-up player last year, and now Jillson is in Boston, and is probably better than McLaren. All others are playing below what they can bring.

Sorry but I'm really pissed right now, Hossa and Hainsey are gonna be on the presse box because they are young and cheap and it makes me sick.

An other year wasted with veteran... Wake up BG!!!

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-04-2003 10:45 AM

bah! Hainsey was very bad in his own zone since the very first game. He also lack of hockey sense, like a lot of members here, so they don't realize that Hainsey lacks for it.

As for Rivet playing bad that's utter crap. On 12 games, he's been good on 10 of those. He was playing bad in two home games so far and he was booed. I feel the need to add that he was doing a better job at center than Ribeiro on the powerplay against NYR.

gohabsgo2010 11-04-2003 10:56 AM

Hainsey should be playing 17 minutes a game, and included amonst that is powerplay time. Having Ron play 10 or 11 minutes is no good, he does not get any oppurtunity on the powerplay, which is where his strengths are utilisted.

On a team looking for offence, why he has been scratched for the cube is beyond all of us.

Hainsey should be forming the top PP unit with Markov, not Rivet. I'm a Rivet fan, too, but he's got nothing on Hainsey in the offensive zone.

GilleZ 11-04-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
bah! Hainsey was very bad in his own zone since the very first game. He also lack of hockey sense, like a lot of members here, so they don't realize that Hainsey lacks for it.

As for Rivet playing bad that's utter crap. On 12 games, he's been good on 10 of those. He was playing bad in two home games so far and he was booed. I feel the need to add that he was doing a better job at center than Ribeiro on the powerplay against NYR.

I can take back my comment on Rivet, its just that he has the worst stick handling skill on the team, but he his doing is job in defance. But you got to face the fack that Hainsey cant be blame to make rookie mistake if you want him to learn. In my mind the positive about Hainsey is alot bigger than the negative. How can you replace him by Boullion, thats just plain mediocre.

Howie Morenz 11-04-2003 12:04 PM

He's learning every game. Sure he makes mistakes but who on this D corp doesn't. Turn him loose and let him play. I bet he grips his stick so tight at times his knuckles are white due to nervousness. Oh by the way,Frankie(King Kong)Bouillon is playing in his place. :shakehead

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-04-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GilleZ
I can take back my comment on Rivet, its just that he has the worst stick handling skill on the team, but he his doing is job in defance. But you got to face the fack that Hainsey cant be blame to make rookie mistake if you want him to learn. In my mind the positive about Hainsey is alot bigger than the negative. How can you replace him by Boullion, thats just plain mediocre.

Thanks to remove your words on Rivet. He doesn't deserve it.

tinyzombies 11-04-2003 12:06 PM

The main problem I see with Hainsey other than he is playing soft and is not playing with quickness/urgency is that he doesn't seem to have any fire.

That, along with wanting to bring him along slowly, are probably the reasons Julien is toying with his ice time.

The kid needs to show some respect, this is the NHL. Let's see him work as hard as Komisarek darnit!

I think it sends a bad message to have a slacker like Hainsey in the lineup and then leave Komisarek in the minors. Doesn't make sense to me.

I would dump Q right now and insert Komi in the lineup immediately. I would also get rid of Bouillon cube and bring up Dykhuis and send Hainsey down for some playing time.

But what do I know? Besides there is a lot of season left, eh?

montreal 11-04-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Rivet is average, and he hasn't been good in 10 games this year. Did you see Hainsey get undressed in front of Theo by Schafer? Oh that's right it was Rivet the Veteran defensemen making the rookie mistake of backing in too far. Try again, Rivet is limited in his skills. Tell me since you seem to know so much about Rivet while the rest of us don't, what does he do good? He doesn't pass well. His breakout passes aren't very good. He will jump into the play which is great to see, but he takes the puck wide and can't thread teh needle. (lots of defensemen don't pass well, but that's why they leave that to the more skilled. Does he clear teh crease well? No. Does he hit often, not really, unless he makes a bad play, then he gets pissed and starts hacking people.

I will say he can black shots well, and I'm glad to see he's improved his offense over the years, but I don't see him as being good in 10 games.

Hainsey is a rookie and shouldn't be compared to the long time pro that Rivet is. Rivet should be making the plays he doesn't. Hainsey needs experience to learn.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-04-2003 05:46 PM

Rivet gets the puck out of the zone effectively. Rivet brings leadership, a lot of it. He's got heart. When he shots on the net, he's got a fairly accurate shot and it gives some rebunds. He plays a good positioning game overall. Won his battles along the boards. What your doing "montreal" is sitting in front of you TV, with a pound of popcorn and a jumbo-size pepsi and you watch the game, waiting for Rivet doing a mistake. Like I said, the only games he wasn't doing well it was at home and he was booed. On the other part, Hainsey has been awful for us in the neutral zone and defensive end. It's not about doing rookie mistakes. It's about him taking chances, doing cross-ice passes, giving the puck away and doing a lot of mistake. He gets benched as the coach wants him to play a better defensive game and all. Then he comes back on the ice after getting benched for 15 minutes and guess what? He does a mistake because he's taking too much risks. Hell, if you call that coachable or valuable, god thanks you're not our GM.

montreal 11-04-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Rivet gets the puck out of the zone effectively. Rivet brings leadership, a lot of it. He's got heart. When he shots on the net, he's got a fairly accurate shot and it gives some rebunds. He plays a good positioning game overall. Won his battles along the boards. What your doing "montreal" is sitting in front of you TV, with a pound of popcorn and a jumbo-size pepsi and you watch the game, waiting for Rivet doing a mistake. Like I said, the only games he wasn't doing well it was at home and he was booed. On the other part, Hainsey has been awful for us in the neutral zone and defensive end. It's not about doing rookie mistakes. It's about him taking chances, doing cross-ice passes, giving the puck away and doing a lot of mistake. He gets benched as the coach wants him to play a better defensive game and all. Then he comes back on the ice after getting benched for 15 minutes and guess what? He does a mistake because he's taking too much risks. Hell, if you call that coachable or valuable, god thanks you're not our GM.

Whatever you say buddy. Rivet -2 tonight. Looking good. :shakehead

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-04-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Whatever you say buddy. Rivet -2 tonight. Looking good. :shakehead

Come on! That's all you have to say? :lol: :lol:

montreal 11-04-2003 06:39 PM

Quote:

Come on! That's all you have to say? :lol: :lol:

There's nothing to say, you know everything and Rivet is so freaking great, I'm blinded by his excellence and on ice display of stellar defense.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 11-04-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
There's nothing to say, you know everything and Rivet is so freaking great, I'm blinded by his excellence and on ice display of stellar defense.

lol. That's too much, Rivet is a good defenseman period. Like it or not, Einstein.

montreal 11-05-2003 07:19 AM

Quote:

lol. That's too much, Rivet is a good defenseman period. Like it or not, Einstein.

No he's not, and I don't like, and neither would Einstein. He can't pass well, he isn't that physical, his offensive instincts suck, he gets beat along the boards, and his biggest problem is his consistency. He can play good one night and be really bad the next.

You like him. Good for you.