HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tuomo Ruutu will retires ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=253859)

gars59 05-21-2006 05:30 PM

Tuomo Ruutu will retires ?

a sad day for hawk fan , but remember before the lock out , when some of us just think rutuu would have been a better pick than komisarek ;)

Team_Spirit 05-21-2006 05:36 PM

Link : http://www.yle.fi/cgi-bin/tekstitv/t.../html?PAGE=650
HFLink : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=253805

Very sad news , i think everyone remember his awsome goal against Canada at the Olympics .

Ross MacLochness 05-21-2006 05:43 PM

I don't think he will retire. Or atleast I hope not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars59
a sad day for hawk fan , but remember before the lock out , when some of us just think rutuu would have been a better pick than komisarek ;)

He could retire for 8 years and get completely healthy and come back in his 30's and still be a better pick than Komisarek.

gars59 05-21-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Losco

He could retire for 8 years and get completely healthy and come back in his 30's and still be a better pick than Komisarek.

if ruttuu retire ... komisarek is a better pick , and ruutuu is alway injury .... :dunno:

Artyukhin* 05-21-2006 06:03 PM

he just wants out of chi town . he see's a loser there for the next 3 or 4 years

cant blame him

Gardebut30 05-21-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
he just wants out of chi town . he see's a loser there for the next 3 or 4 years

cant blame him

stupid comment and shows how much you know about him as a person

znk 05-21-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

cant blame him

If that was the case dont you think he'd go play in some other league instead of retirering?

MacHabs93 05-21-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Losco

uh hun :dunno: Someone hasn't seen Komi play this season ? Because I can't see how you can make that comparison, you know, seeing as Ruutu has played, what 15 NHL games since the lockout ?

Artyukhin* 05-21-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardebut30
stupid comment and shows how much you know about him as a person

it show how much i know? :)

ruuttu is a restricted free agent ... "needs a contract"
do you remember anything at all about his last contract negotiations with blackhawks managment??

i suggest before you suggest my comments " are stupid "
you think why the " im thinking of retiring " bit could be used in his favor.....

wonder what the blackhawks are thinking ? he mentioned he was going to retire " joking or not" that has to be one of there worries . automatically they go into if he does we lose him for nothing or
let's trade him for anything before he does....

he isnt going to retire ill put money on that

Gardebut30 05-21-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

do you remember anything at all about his last contract negotiations with blackhawks managment??

Yes i do. Do you?

Have you ever heard of two men named Bill Zito (Ruutu's agent) and Mike Smith (Hawks moronic GM at the time)? Smith didn't want to give Ruutu the model rookie contract, which was the standard, so Zito threw a fit and starting calling Ruutu the best player not in the NHL as a way to make Smith look more idiotic that he couldn't sign a high profile prospect. These two allowed their personal feelings to disrupt negotiations until Smith signed another Zito client by the name of Vladimir Gusev, who had been injured at the time, as a notion of good faith. They were able to eventually bang out a contract that took much longer than it should've. Ruutu had nothing to do with this situation getting out of hand. He was not greedy and did not demand unusual stipulations outside the norm to be included in his contract.

Agents, financial advisors, and the like do not always act with their clients full knowledge all the time.

Does any of this ring a bell?

Artyukhin* 05-21-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Yes i do. Do you?

Have you ever heard of two men named Bill Zito (Ruutu's agent) and Mike Smith (Hawks moronic GM at the time)? Smith didn't want to give Ruutu the model rookie contract, which was the standard, so Zito threw a fit and starting calling Ruutu the best player not in the NHL as a way to make Smith look more idiotic that he couldn't sign a high profile prospect. These two allowed their personal feelings to disrupt negotiations until Smith signed another Zito client by the name of Vladimir Gusev, who had been injured at the time, as a notion of good faith. They were able to eventually bang out a contract that took much longer than it should've. Ruutu had nothing to do with this situation getting out of hand. He was not greedy and did not demand unusual stipulations outside the norm to be included in his contract.

Agents, financial advisors, and the like do not always act with their clients full knowledge all the time.

Does any of this ring a bell?

no arguments here
im saying he will not retire and be dealt at some point
his " retire comments" certianlly have to make the blackhawk orginazation think about the future.

thats all ...

good luck to all blackhawk fans i honestly feel sorry in the way that franchise is being run . we know the feeling here in montreal it set us back also .

thankfully were back on track atleast in the right direction and i hope you guys also can get it back on the rails in chicago

Gardebut30 05-22-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

no arguments here
im saying he will not retire and be dealt at some point
his " retire comments" certianlly have to make the blackhawk orginazation think about the future.

thats all ...

good luck to all blackhawk fans i honestly feel sorry in the way that franchise is being run . we know the feeling here in montreal it set us back also .

thankfully were back on track atleast in the right direction and i hope you guys also can get it back on the rails in chicago

Thanks for the kind words and sorry if I came off as rude. It's just frustrating that in the past few days, we've lost our "voice" of the Hawks, broadcaster Pat Foley, who after 25 years of great, faithful service was left out to dry by Hawks management. And then this Ruutu story comes out.

Another day in the life of being a Hawk fan.

Anthony P 05-22-2006 12:22 AM

What's wrong with him exactly????

Team_Spirit 05-22-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words and sorry if I came off as rude. It's just frustrating that in the past few days, we've lost our "voice" of the Hawks, broadcaster Pat Foley, who after 25 years of great, faithful service was left out to dry by Hawks management. And then this Ruutu story comes out.

Another day in the life of being a Hawk fan.

There also rumors about Savard leaving Chicago for Pitsburgh or Montreal , hard times for the Hawks fans :help:

HabsBaby18* 05-22-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony P
What's wrong with him exactly????

yeah same ... nobody is saying "WHY" he is thinking about retirement ... GIMME THE SOURCE ... not opinions

VirginiaMtlExpat 05-22-2006 03:14 AM

There is something about it on his personal website. That's a shame. I can't see that as permanent though. Let him heal a year, then decide for good.

Joretus 05-22-2006 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
yeah same ... nobody is saying "WHY" he is thinking about retirement ... GIMME THE SOURCE ... not opinions

Source is...dadaaa.... Tuomo Ruutu! Here you go, happy now? Tuomo did say "this might be my last game, I'll thinking about retirement over summer".

HabsBaby18* 05-22-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joretus
Source is...dadaaa.... Tuomo Ruutu! Here you go, happy now?

no i'm not, ***** ... find the word, and i'll give you something

HabsBaby18* 05-22-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joretus
"this might be my last game, I'll thinking about retirement over summer".

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH ???? :help:

Bronn 05-22-2006 12:42 PM

What a waste of talent if he does retire.........

That would be a shame :(

Souffle 05-22-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

cant blame him

If that's the case, I would take a chance on trying to deal for him if he were available at a damaged goods price. Still doubtful, as Chicago might just hold onto his rights unless they get the kind of offer that reflects the "franchise player-lite" tag that's followed Ruutu around.

There's also your RFA theft proposition. If a GM thinks as you do, that Ruutu is just trying to get out of Chicago, he might make a balls to the wall offer that Chicago has no intention of matching. With his injury history and speculated displeasure with the organization, Chicago might just take the compensation picks and be done with it.

Still a very big risk for any team that looks to acquire him.

Team_Spirit 05-22-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

******** of crap

Because he had many serious injurys in his short carrer : ankle , shoulder , back and concussions .

--

Maybe we could trade for him so he could rediscover his love for the game with Saku Koivu , a guy that was banged up his whole carrer too :)

Astaroth 05-22-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH ???? :help:

If I recall correctly, he's had numerous knee injuries, more than a couple in junior that were very serious. Then there are the back problems a la Daze and worst of all he alm ost got his foot severed by a skate this season after coming back. This inactivity for almost 2 years obviously did not help him being in top form at the worlds. Impatience, despair and normal human psyche would explain why he would consider retiring. He plays the game at 200 miles per hour since day one and it has taken its toll.

I hope he remains because he is a franchise player if healthy, nobody remembers him in the finals of the WC schooling Nieds and Brodeur? And that wasn't even at his peak...

PerennialII 05-22-2006 03:04 PM

Going from injury to injury, rehab to rehab for years seems to have taken it's toll. Hope few months of off will light Tuomo again, would be a real shame it he'd quit .... he seems to have it all except luck :shakehead .

HabsBaby18* 05-22-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astaroth
If I recall correctly, he's had numerous knee injuries, more than a couple in junior that were very serious. Then there are the back problems a la Daze and worst of all he alm ost got his foot severed by a skate this season after coming back. This inactivity for almost 2 years obviously did not help him being in top form at the worlds. Impatience, despair and normal human psyche would explain why he would consider retiring. He plays the game at 200 miles per hour since day one and it has taken its toll.

I hope he remains because he is a franchise player if healthy, nobody remembers him in the finals of the WC schooling Nieds and Brodeur? And that wasn't even at his peak...

ty, finally some insight