HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Zetterberg out 4-6 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25408)

Motown Beatdown 11-04-2003 10:39 AM

Zetterberg out 4-6 weeks

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=59436

bad to worse

zetterberg40 11-04-2003 10:42 AM

i just read this on tsn, goddamnit, this is so pathetic right now. Might as well start for the ovechkin lottery, christ.... from very little scoring help to no scoring help

Motown Beatdown 11-04-2003 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
i just read this on tsn, goddamnit, this is so pathetic right now. Might as well start for the ovechkin lottery, christ.... from very little scoring help to no scoring help

You mean Holland hasn't traded the Wings 1st round pick yet???

Give him time. :joker:

DanStewartFC 11-04-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWI19

Who's it gonna be L.A.'s Palffy or Carolina's O'Neill?

golfmade 11-04-2003 11:14 AM

Darmn, big loss... hopefully Hudler can thrive with more ice time.

Boomhower 11-04-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWI19

I agree someone find a pair of handcuffs for Holland, I see him getting desperate and making a horrible move that will compromise the wings future.....even worse than the Schneider deal last year.

Now a tough situation in Detroit will be even worse for the next mounth and a half. :mad:
BTW who will get recalled? There is no forward prospects ready, so I suggest a good AHL veteran like Mowers.

Vincent Vega 11-04-2003 11:46 AM

Shanahan better pick it up.

Vyacheslav 11-04-2003 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
Who's it gonna be L.A.'s Palffy or Carolina's O'Neill?

Oh come on, you can do better than that. Let's see one of your proposals:

TO DET
Zigmund Palffy
Alexander Frolov
Jason Allison
3rd round pick in 2004

TO LA:
First round in 2004
Mathieu Dandenault
Boyd Devereaux
Steve Yzerman
First round pick in 2005
Jiri Hudler
Jiri Hudler's first born son
The contents of Scotty Bowman's underwear drawer

This is good for everyone, gives us youth in Frolov, a good center(if he ever heals) in Allison, a quality scorer in Palffy, and in exchange the Kings drop some salary(maybe not but I'm not going for accuracy here), pick up a few borderline players, a legndary center to finally replace Wayne Gretzky, quality youth in Hudler, quality genetics in Hudler's son(who could marry Adam Deadmarsh's daughter someday and create a super player, the likes which have never been seen before), a couple of first rounders, and the underware drawer contents to satisfy the Kings' freaky tendencies.

Now that's a trade proposal, baby.

DanStewartFC 11-04-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyacheslav

TO DET
Zigmund Palffy
Alexander Frolov
Jason Allison
3rd round pick in 2004

TO LA:
First round in 2004
Mathieu Dandenault
Boyd Devereaux
Steve Yzerman
First round pick in 2005
Jiri Hudler

This is good for everyone, gives us youth in Frolov, a good center(if he ever heals) in Allison, a quality scorer in Palffy, and in exchange the Kings drop some salary(maybe not but I'm not going for accuracy here), pick up a few borderline players, a legndary center to finally replace Wayne Gretzky, quality youth in Hudler, quality genetics in Hudler's son(who could marry Adam Deadmarsh's daughter someday and create a super player, the likes which have never been seen before), a couple of first rounders, and the underware drawer contents to satisfy the Kings' freaky tendencies.

Um, where do I sign.

Grift69 11-04-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyacheslav

TO DET
Zigmund Palffy
Alexander Frolov
Jason Allison
3rd round pick in 2004

TO LA:
First round in 2004
Mathieu Dandenault
Boyd Devereaux
Steve Yzerman
First round pick in 2005
Jiri Hudler

You my friend are brilliant!:yo:

Vyacheslav 11-04-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grift69
You my friend are brilliant!:yo:

Yeah, can you believe it was my first proposal ever?!

PigPen 11-04-2003 01:22 PM

The wings don't have trouble scoring. They have a problem stopping the other team from doing so.
Detroit is 5th in the league in GF with 35
tied for 29th in GA with 36. 20 in the last 4 games.

We should just sit on our roster, get a new coach that will make our stars play like stars and maybe sign a FA or two to add a little depth to our poor 4th line.

Vyacheslav 11-04-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
Detroit is 5th in the league in GF with 35
tied for 29th in GA with 36. 20 in the last 4 games.

I misread this as "36.2 gaa over the last 4 games" which didn't even shock me.

Turner 11-04-2003 01:55 PM

This had better mean that Hudler is going to start getting some 2nd line mins. Wow I can not believe that he broke a bone in his FREAKING leg, can it get ANY WORSE?

Vincent Vega 11-04-2003 02:20 PM

Hull - Datsyuk - Shanahan
Yzerman - Hudler - Whitney
McCarty - Draper - Maltby
Holmstrom - Williams - Deveraux

I think Hudler may be able to step up with more minutes. He has played well when he has played.

kira 11-04-2003 05:46 PM

Sheez, like we really need this. Poor Henrik...if it weren't for bad luck...

If the perpetrator of this doesn't get some type of suspension or discipline of some kind, then there is something seriously wrong. The head honcho of the refs, Van Hellemond (?) said tonight that the league is going to review it and make a decision.

Me, I vote to nail a certain part of the anatomy to a stump and push backwards.

Vyacheslav 11-04-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kira
Me, I vote to nail a certain part of the anatomy to a stump and push backwards.

Woah, remind me to stay on Kira's good side.

PigPen 11-04-2003 07:29 PM

10 years ago slashes like this were getting called. I don't see why refs let them get away with it now.

Why do some players feel the need to swing their sticks around like scythes just to prove they're badasses? Whatever happened to the mutual respect that players had for each other?

Zetterberg was in the high slot area away from the play and BAM!
Allen had no reason at all to take a swing at him. I've seen dirtier plays, but that was dirty enough. Refs need to start calling crap like that or more players are going to get hurt.

Give him a game or two. Make an example of Allen and maybe it might curb some of the hacking around the league.

Wingboy2999 11-04-2003 08:32 PM

Here is one of the times we could have used someone to jump Allen. Too bad Shanny or Fischer didn't go after him.....

kira 11-04-2003 08:47 PM

I've got a sneaky feeling that come the next go round, someone is going to definitely be a marked man. I've a feeling McCarty or someone like that will be looking for him.

There was absolutely no call for that slash...he was not doing anything to deserve being hit like that, and Allen needs to be reprimanded somehow. My hubby says he should be out as long as Henrik is, but I don't see that happening. Nice thought though.

A Good Flying Bird* 11-04-2003 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Here is one of the times we could have used someone to jump Allen. Too bad Shanny or Fischer didn't go after him.....

I was thinking that last night, while Zetterberg was stumbling around.
The game was out of reach. Why not get your revenge?
Oh yeah, because Shahanan only fights when the mood strikes him.

Ajo 11-04-2003 09:00 PM

Hate to see Henrik injured. Hope he recovers rapidly. Hudler will definatly see some more ice time. Hope he use it.

quat 11-04-2003 10:43 PM

I was sorry to hear that Henrik Zetterberg was hurt and that it happened due to a slash from a Canucks player. I certainly was suprised as I didn't remember anything that seemed untoward during the game. I've got it on tape, and will keep my eyes open for it. I agree there is way to much slashing and stick work in the game. However, since we all agree that there is too much slashing pretty much everywhere, it's likely that Wings players are doing their fair share of it. I find it very unlikely that Allen had any intention of breaking Z's leg with his slash, and that it's very freaky indeed that it happened at all.

Seiza 11-05-2003 12:39 AM

This is actually Zetterberg first big injury in his career. He has been very lucky not to get injured before, too bad it had to happen now..

bb74 11-05-2003 01:58 AM

Let me get this straight - the guy gets his leg broken with a slash, no call from the refs, he's out 4-6 weeks (really more like 8 when you think of his conditioning) and the league needs to review the slash to determine disciplinary action?

Who are these yahoo's???? I hope they appreciate the nice view where they have their heads. From out here it sucks.

Sit Allen as long as Henrik and the refs as well - if they can't call a slash away from the play that has enough swing on it to break a leg then they have no place in the game. Vancouver still pays Allen's salary, but put it in some type of trust fund for the NHL / NHLPA.

Just one more thing the NHL needs to look into if it is going to survive.

What a joke!