HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Game Thread (Rangers-Stars) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25424)

nyr5186 11-04-2003 11:24 AM

Official Game Thread (Rangers-Stars)

Lindros still out, Nedved out, Healey in. Here's my lineup...

Moore-Lundmark-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby
Hlavac-LaCouture-Healey

Leetch-Poti
Kasparaitis-DeVries
Malakhov-Mironov

Markannen

Fourth game in six nights. Its time to give Dunham a rest.

Ajacied 11-04-2003 11:30 AM

Matvichuk and Lehtinen are out for the Stars.. and Turco starts.

Should be an exciting game.. I'm pulling for a 4-2 Rangers victory though.

Melrose_Jr. 11-04-2003 11:36 AM

I BETTER see 2 things tonight.

1) 4 lines a-skatin'

2) Bouchard

If I don't see those things, I'd say the chances of a win are low. Very low.

Fire Sather 11-04-2003 11:41 AM

Sam Rosen was just on Talk of Our Town.

He said Lundmark will play with Kovalev and HLAVAC :( I like Lundy with Kovy, but why Hlavac?

Moore is way more deserving, AND has great chemistry with Lundmark.

nyr5186 11-04-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I BETTER see 2 things tonight.

1) 4 lines a-skatin'

2) Bouchard

If I don't see those things, I'd say the chances of a win are low. Very low.

If you want Bouchard in the lineup, which d-man would you sit? Malakhov? Mironov? Or are you saying we should play 7 d-men. If thats what you're saying, then there's no way Sather can roll 4 lines.

Bouchard has played well, but with Leetch now back, theres not much of a need for another offensive defenseman who can run the power play. With Bouchard and Purinton as extras, and even Tyutin as a possible call-up, we're very deep in defensemen, so thats a good thing.

Melrose_Jr. 11-04-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Bouchard has played well, but with Leetch now back, theres not much of a need for another offensive defenseman who can run the power play.

Bouchard is the 2nd best defenseman on this team as far as I'm concerned. He's smart, he keeps it simple and he follows orders to the letter. It's impossible to argue with the results. As for who to sit, take your pick of Bobo, Vlad or Kasparitis, preferably Darius who was nothing short of brutal against Colorado and hasn't turned in a competent performance at any point this season.

Oh, as for Jussi, if he sees the ice before Thanksgiving, I'll be shocked.

RushingRocket 11-04-2003 11:52 AM

Quote:

Fourth game in six nights. Its time to give Dunham a rest.

Man, it was time to give Dunham a rest against the Red Wings, but oh well.
I'm as annoyed with Hlavac's play as the next guy, but i say give him three more games...I have a feeling he scores a goal tonight.
Rangers 4-1

Edge 11-04-2003 12:17 PM

lol that seems to be management's analogy, throw everything at a player and hope he scores. when he does "he's coming around". throw a rookie out there, he scores and he's back on the 4th line to "develope".

be interesting to see lundmark at center though. just hope he doesnt make any mistakes because he'll be riding the pine.

nyr5186 11-04-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Bouchard is the 2nd best defenseman on this team as far as I'm concerned. He's smart, he keeps it simple and he follows orders to the letter. It's impossible to argue with the results. As for who to sit, take your pick of Bobo, Vlad or Kasparitis, preferably Darius who was nothing short of brutal against Colorado and hasn't turned in a competent performance at any point this season.

I agree Bouchard has been very impressive and keeps his game simple, but saying he's the 2nd best defenseman on the team is pushing it IMO. Neither one of Bobo, Vlad, or Kaspar have played that bad, or at least to the point where its time to bench them. The fact that we've given up such few goals since the 3rd game of the season is a testament to Dunham's goaltending, but also to the play of guys like Kaspar and Poti and Bouchard and so on.

Bouchard knows his role on the team, and he plays it well, so I wouldnt sacrifice Kaspar's spot for him. Leetch's injury was by far not the last injury to one of the defensemen, so Bouchard will get plenty of chances to step in and play well in the future.

Darius has actually looked pretty good so far. The Colorado game was a little shaky, but other than that, Im pretty happy with his effort in the corners and around the net.

rangers 11-04-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

I agree Bouchard has been very impressive and keeps his game simple, but saying he's the 2nd best defenseman on the team is pushing it IMO. Neither one of Bobo, Vlad, or Kaspar have played that bad, or at least to the point where its time to bench them. The fact that we've given up such few goals since the 3rd game of the season is a testament to Dunham's goaltending, but also to the play of guys like Kaspar and Poti and Bouchard and so on.

Bouchard knows his role on the team, and he plays it well, so I wouldnt sacrifice Kaspar's spot for him. Leetch's injury was by far not the last injury to one of the defensemen, so Bouchard will get plenty of chances to step in and play well in the future.

Darius has actually looked pretty good so far. The Colorado game was a little shaky, but other than that, Im pretty happy with his effort in the corners and around the net.

Guerin is hot, Stars are hot! Rangers are tired, Dunham is tired, Kovy is not in his best shape....Conclusion: Rangers will win!! ;)

Bluenote13 11-04-2003 12:48 PM

I'm not thrilled about splitting up Lundy & Moore, but i understand the theory of putting hot players(Lundy) together with ones that need a jump start(Hlavac).

I say tonite is a hard fought 2-2 tie. Lundmark & Leetch with goals.

sickboy35 11-04-2003 12:48 PM

well...

i might be in the minority on this, but i think they should trade poti! bouchard does just as much , is cheaper and we can get something for poti! i don't like him being paired with leetch either, devries should be with poti(until traded) and kasper shouild be with leetch! not saying that kasper deserves the shoot to be paired with leetch, just going by whats availible. after we rid ourselves of poti. put devries with leetch and bouchard with kasper! fire away!!! :yo:

barnaby63 11-04-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
i might be in the minority on this, but i think they should trade poti! bouchard does just as much , is cheaper and we can get something for poti! i don't like him being paired with leetch either, devries should be with poti(until traded) and kasper shouild be with leetch! not saying that kasper deserves the shoot to be paired with leetch, just going by whats availible. after we rid ourselves of poti. put devries with leetch and bouchard with kasper! fire away!!! :yo:

round and round we go. unless you can get nick boynton or karel rachunek for poti i dont trade him. poti is an asset in a trade and could bring back more than you expect.

barnaby63 11-04-2003 01:32 PM

as for the game...

3-3 tie. poti,holik and mironov get the goals. and messier gets an assist to tie gordie howe for 2nd all time in points.

i say sather gives hlavac at least 5 shifts to see if he is doing anything, if not i can see him putting moore with lundmark-kovalev but with moore as the center.

lundmark-moore-kovalev
rucinsky-holik-carter
simon-messier-barnaby
hlavac-lacouture-healey

leetch-poti
mironov-malakhov
bouchard-devries

and i start markkanen in net.

nyr5186 11-04-2003 01:38 PM

Poti out tonight. Didnt catch why, but looks like Bouchard will replace him. :rolly:

Markannen will start as well.

Profet 11-04-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Poti out tonight. Didnt catch why, but looks like Bouchard will replace him. :rolly:

Markannen will start as well.

Poti = flu
Nedved = back spasms

and get this...
Dunham = groin

Ever want to drag Sather out back and beat him with a stick? and then bring him back inside and beat him with a stick?

Fire Sather 11-04-2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profet
Poti = flu
Nedved = back spasms

and get this...
Dunham = groin

Ever want to drag Sather out back and beat him with a stick? and then bring him back inside and beat him with a stick?

Twice.

Fire Sather 11-04-2003 02:46 PM

Great period, no goals but effort has been amazing

Fire Sather 11-04-2003 03:02 PM

WHAT A MOVE BY KOVALEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Mark Messier :bow: :bow: :bow:

shmekel 11-04-2003 03:02 PM

Congratulations, Mark! :bow:

Edit: Oh yeah, great friggin' move by Kovy.

LiquidClown 11-04-2003 03:11 PM

Woohooo for Mark congrats Moose :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

By the way Average age for the team on the ice tonight 30.00, not great but a nice change. :)

nyr5186 11-04-2003 03:29 PM

BARNABY!!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Fire Sather 11-04-2003 03:37 PM

Matt Barnaby- SUPERSTAR :bow:

man, everytime he does one of those celabrations i want to avatar it.

Kluivert4Ever 11-04-2003 03:38 PM

Most important stat so far.

Shots 15-14 Dallas.
Now THATīs how u win in todays NHL not by having a 24-24 shot total after 2.

Hopefully we can keep the Stars under 25 shots. If we can do that I like our chances.

Alex Kovalev NYR 11-04-2003 03:41 PM

Barnaby's Celebrations are always fun to watch. Big Goal....Lets not blow this game like sunday now :bow: