HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jason Arnott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=254318)

HomaridII 05-23-2006 11:39 AM

Jason Arnott

Has anyone heard how much $$ he wants to receive and for how many years and if he is interested in Montreal? Arnott is exactly what the habs need, he is 6'4 230 pounds, plays a physical style, can play both ends of the rink, etc..

P.S: My first post in these boards, so treat me kindly :P

Habs 4 Life 05-23-2006 11:45 AM

Welcome to the Boards,

Jason Arnott is exactly what we don't need.

Tuggy 05-23-2006 11:46 AM

Welcome aboard. It's always nice to have new blood around. :D

As for Arnott, I'm not sure what he'll command. The problem is that he is an UFA which means that a bidding war could start (not something we want). I guess a lot depends on what Arnott is looking for in the team he signs with. I'd say Montreal is a pretty attractive location, being that it's definitely a team on the rise with good management and coaching.

If I had to guess then I would say he's going to get somewhere in the neighorhood of 5-6 million a season.

jcpenny 05-23-2006 11:56 AM

Hes practically in every teams wishlist but i dont think Gainey wants him.

CareyClutch 05-23-2006 12:01 PM

jason Allison would be a better fit then jason Arnott

CalHabFan 05-23-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans

Somehow, I knew you would say that... ;)

mcphee 05-23-2006 12:57 PM

First off,welcome. I think the problem with Arnott, is that we love the idea of Arnott,more than the actual player. A big tough talented center ? Just what we need right ? Maybe Arnott isn't quite that guy though. Some Dallas fans complain about him not showing up every night. The more I think about it, the more I think committing big $ over about 5 yrs. would be foolhardy. I still think Lang is a better short term fix, because I don't believe the long term solution is available yet.

Athlétique_Canadien 05-23-2006 01:02 PM

Attaining Arnott might be easier than we think. It's possible Dallas and Montreal might pull a similar move like Ottawa and Atlanta did with Marian Hossa and Heatley. Ottawa signed him with the full intent to deal him. Maybe Armstrong and Gainey might do something similar.

Athlétique_Canadien 05-23-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Why, does Montreal need a janitor for the Bell Centre? :biglaugh:

Habsaku 05-23-2006 01:07 PM

A waste of money. He's tough and fast, when he wants to. He's not exactly a great guy in the dressing room either. I'll pass, I think we can find something better inside the organization. The guy is a 50 point forward who got a career year in his last contract year. No need for taht.

habfan4 05-23-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Good call, Allison would definately compliment the Habs quick skating, counter attacking style of play. :sarcasm:

Toro 05-23-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4
Good call, Allison would definately compliment the Habs quick skating, counter attacking style of play. :sarcasm:

L O L

was waiting for that :biglaugh:

Toro 05-23-2006 02:53 PM

I don't know about Arnott. He has the tools to help us at Center but would he be happy and play hard everynite in MTL? I don't know.

If Gainey thinks he would, then i say lets get him at maybe 4.5 - 5 mil

If he worked out we would be pretty set up front for a while :D

Now to address the Top pairing on D for us. We need another top Defenceman.

Toro 05-23-2006 03:04 PM

But i was wondering if Chipchura will make this team next year?? the Hamilton coaching staff was really high on him after he came to the team at the end of their season. If he makes it, we might only need to upgrade the Defence with the addition of a top pairing guy.

Our center's could look like this:

Koivu
Pleks
Bonk
Chipchura

and maybe by the midpoint Carbo might go with:

Koivu
Chipchura
Pleks
Bonk

Of course this means Ribs is gone and Chipchura can make the jump. Something tells me this guy is really something. Chipchura really impressed me in the WJC and in his late season graduation to Hamilton. He has size strength already. He has great 2 way skills and can distribute the puck well. He might work with Kovalev well.
just a thought, we will wait and see..

toshiro 05-23-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro
But i was wondering if Chipchura will make this team next year?? the Hamilton coaching staff was really high on him after he came to the team at the end of their season. If he makes it, we might only need to upgrade the Defence with the addition of a top pairing guy.

Our center's could look like this:

Koivu
Pleks
Bonk
Chipchura

and maybe by the midpoint Carbo might go with:

Koivu
Chipchura
Pleks
Bonk

Of course this means Ribs is gone and Chipchura can make the jump. Something tells me this guy is really something. Chipchura really impressed me in the WJC and in his late season graduation to Hamilton. He has size strength already. He has great 2 way skills and can distribute the puck well. He might work with Kovalev well.
just a thought, we will wait and see..

Chip isnt there yet. He must work on his skating. He is one smart dude though and does go to the net or corners and dishes out nice hits and has good balance. He just needs to skate a lil better.

toshiro 05-23-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
First off,welcome. I think the problem with Arnott, is that we love the idea of Arnott,more than the actual player. A big tough talented center ? Just what we need right ? Maybe Arnott isn't quite that guy though. Some Dallas fans complain about him not showing up every night. The more I think about it, the more I think committing big $ over about 5 yrs. would be foolhardy. I still think Lang is a better short term fix, because I don't believe the long term solution is available yet.

I like the Lang and Jovo and Kubina combo as well. Mike Grier would also be nice. Begin, Murray :eek: and Grier

beowulf 05-23-2006 03:23 PM

I don't like the idea of Arnott. As mentioned I think so many people just like the idea of a big, mobile and skilled center. I was not interested in Lang at first but he might be a short term fix for a year until more, and hopefully better centers become UFA next season.

Toro 05-23-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro
Chip isnt there yet. He must work on his skating. He is one smart dude though and does go to the net or corners and dishes out nice hits and has good balance. He just needs to skate a lil better.

He can't be a worse skater than ribs :dunno:

u make it sound like he might fall all the time cause he can't skate :sarcasm:

Artie 05-23-2006 04:20 PM

Welcome aboard.

At least you didn't start with a "MTL excess baggage and spare parts for (insert name of superstar)" trade proposal.

Following up on the Peggy Curran column from Saturday's Gazette -

JUST SAY NO TO JASON ARNOTT

toshiro 05-23-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro
He can't be a worse skater than ribs :dunno:

u make it sound like he might fall all the time cause he can't skate :sarcasm:

He has good balance but is a lil slow.