HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Could Bulis and Zednik be headed to the Wild ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=254422)

BORAT 05-23-2006 04:57 PM

Could Bulis and Zednik be headed to the Wild ?

Well Before I get nailed to the cross my monkies !

I come here to bring you some information I have recently come across, of course some of you will want to ridicule me and say that I am related to an oft Bred dog.

But I have NEVER been one to bring up something without me seeing some intrigue !

Recently the Minneseota Wild is in Conflict with Star Marian Gaborik due to possible arbitration request for that player.

Gaborik will probably go to arbitration and due to Brad Richards contract ask for a probable big amount.

Now the wild staff knowing this has recently inquired to see if there are players available that could make things more desirable for Gaborik to be a bit more flexible and among the names of other Slovak Players came Richard Zednik.

Zednik is possibly looking for a trade out of Montreal , this we all more or less assume.

He will also probably want to go the same place Bulis is.

Now ( The Wild )

They are Reportedly very interested in young UFA Jan Bulis who seems to fit an acceptable Mold in the team as a strong two way player With acceptable PK skills and a good overall offensive game.

Minneseota could get the rights to Jan Bulis

and RW Richard Zednik

Which would make Gaborik feel a bit more welcome on the team as Rumour goes he doesn't mesh well with some of his teammates. he immediatly gets 2 players that can help the Wild<S offensive woes as well as fit the mold of the team and are 2 of his BIGGEST friends.

add a second round pick to that

and the Habs will want

Mikko Koivu !

---------------

Where have I come across this ! well to be frank, this came from a discussion I had with a buddy from St PAul who just told me the wild where looking at Bulis and Zednik !

Bulis as a centerman ( which is reportedly the position he wants to play )

and Zednik as a winger who could find a more comfortable niche in the western conference's style !

I need your opinion folks @!!!

The n00b King * 05-23-2006 05:00 PM

it's interesting and plausible.

although im not entirely sure where Mikko would fit. I certainly wouldnt say no to him though!

Next Best Thing* 05-23-2006 05:19 PM

Seems acceptable for both teams, get Gainey on the phone asap :D

Mikko Koivu's grit would be very welcome here, maybe even use him as second line center behind his brother. He could be a great mentor! Obvious aside, I fear Bulis will explode in MIN if used correctly, he fits the mold of that team perfectly, and Lemaire will kick his butt. Zednik, on the other hand, seems like a lost cause to me. I don't think he will ever get over his fear of corners. This year was brutal for him, but I see him more of a 20 goal scorer; he will probably have one last good season of 20-25g then be forgotten in mediocrity.

To sum it up I would LOVE this deal as it gives us a gritty young center (blood lines with capt a bonus) in exchange for 2 softies who's career is all in doubt. :clap:

ps. How do people compare Mikko to Brule?

Le Tricolore 05-23-2006 06:06 PM

This would be an awesome trade. It'd be weird seeing S. Koivu on Saku's jersey, though. Oh well.

Souffle 05-23-2006 06:06 PM

I'd be surprised if Minnesota made that deal. Bulis is worthless in a trade. So it would be Zednik (for one year at 1.8 million, coming off a bad season) and the 50th or so overall pick for a former 6th overall pick who just played his first NHL season. Of course as a Habs fan I would do it, but I really doubt that Risebrough would.

Dutch 05-23-2006 06:08 PM

Why would Minnesota trade for a UFA when they could lose him or get him for free on the market.

Makes no sense.

HomaridII 05-23-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave
I'd be surprised if Minnesota made that deal. Bulis is worthless in a trade. So it would be Zednik (for one year at 1.8 million, coming off a bad season) and the 50th or so overall pick for a former 6th overall pick who just played his first NHL season. Of course as a Habs fan I would do it, but I really doubt that Risebrough would.

I agree with you here. Gaborik already rejected a 5 year 5.5million per year offer and that was BEFORE the Richards signing. How much will Garorik want now? 6mill? 6.5 mill? I think the wild will take Gaborik to arbitration and get a 1 year deal and then trade him during the season.

Gaborik for Bullis and Zednik is a steal for the Habs. Gaborik is a 24 year old point per game producer last season.

2112 05-23-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch
Why would Minnesota trade for a UFA when they could lose him or get him for free on the market.

Makes no sense.

Exactly...if a trade like this were to happen, it would be at the trading deadline with the Wild fighting for a playoff spot. Plus the Wild aren't just going to give up Gaborik.

Habsfan18 05-23-2006 06:29 PM

are you guys seriously saying that Bulis and Zednik could get us Gaborik? :biglaugh:

Let me ask you, would you do that if you were Minnesota's GM?

Maybe I read that wrong, but this could possibly be one of the worst rumors I've ever heard.

tritone 05-23-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan15
are you guys seriously saying that Bulis and Zednik could get us Gaborik? :biglaugh:

Let me ask you, would you do that if you were Minnesota's GM?

Maybe I read that wrong, but this could possibly be one of the worst rumors I've ever heard.

You read wrong.

tritone 05-23-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2112
Exactly...if a trade like this were to happen, it would be at the trading deadline with the Wild fighting for a playoff spot. Plus the Wild aren't just going to give up Gaborik.

You read wrong.

Dan K 05-23-2006 06:40 PM

Minnesota fans feel that Koivu is as close to untradeable as it gets. Apparently he fits perfectly into Lemaire's system, so I really don't see this happening.

I'd take the trade gladly, as Zednik is replaceable internally, Bulis is gone anyway, and a 2nd for Koivu is a steal.

No go from a Minnsota POV though.

barfy2000 05-23-2006 06:40 PM

The original post was about making Gaborik happy in Minny by sending

Richard Zednik & Jan Bulis to Minnesota

for:

Mikko Koivu and a 2nd round pick.

tritone 05-23-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII
I agree with you here. Gaborik already rejected a 5 year 5.5million per year offer and that was BEFORE the Richards signing. How much will Garorik want now? 6mill? 6.5 mill? I think the wild will take Gaborik to arbitration and get a 1 year deal and then trade him during the season.

Gaborik for Bullis and Zednik is a steal for the Habs. Gaborik is a 24 year old point per game producer last season.

You read wrong

Habsfan18 05-23-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
You read wrong.

Ah, I see....sorry about that.

I get it now, you mean for Koivu? I'd like that deal, but I doubt Minny would do it.

Dan K 05-23-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfy2000
The original post was about making Gaborik happy in Minny by sending

Richard Zednik & Jan Bulis to Minnesota

for:

Mikko Koivu and a 2nd round pick.

Close.

Zednik, Bulis, and a 2nd
for
Mikko Koivu

The n00b King * 05-23-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
You read wrong.

seriously huh. some people really dont pay attention....

barfy2000 05-23-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Close.

Zednik, Bulis, and a 2nd
for
Mikko Koivu

haha oh man...my bad. I thought that 2nd was from Minny.

Renholder 05-23-2006 06:53 PM

From The wild's point of view, I wouldn't do this. Trading a star forward with an up and coming big young center for marginal second line players is a little crazy.

Secondly, i believe Minny' could get a better deal elsewhere. Also, our 2nd rounder would have to be our 1rst in my opinion for this deal to even be conceivable imo.

Habs13 05-23-2006 07:56 PM

Man, I'd love to see Mikko in a Habs jersey! Zednik and Bulis and a 2nd for Koivu? Hell yeah! Hey! Lets send 'em the rights to Sundstrom, too... just for fun!

HH 05-23-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs13
Man, I'd love to see Mikko in a Habs jersey! Zednik and Bulis and a 2nd for Koivu? Hell yeah! Hey! Lets send 'em the rights to Sundstrom, too... just for fun!

dude draft! its ur turn in the mock.

habitue* 05-23-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORAT
Well Before I get nailed to the cross my monkies !

I come here to bring you some information I have recently come across, of course some of you will want to ridicule me and say that I am related to an oft Bred dog.

But I have NEVER been one to bring up something without me seeing some intrigue !

Recently the Minneseota Wild is in Conflict with Star Marian Gaborik due to possible arbitration request for that player.

Gaborik will probably go to arbitration and due to Brad Richards contract ask for a probable big amount.

Now the wild staff knowing this has recently inquired to see if there are players available that could make things more desirable for Gaborik to be a bit more flexible and among the names of other Slovak Players came Richard Zednik.

Zednik is possibly looking for a trade out of Montreal , this we all more or less assume.

He will also probably want to go the same place Bulis is.

Now ( The Wild )

They are Reportedly very interested in young UFA Jan Bulis who seems to fit an acceptable Mold in the team as a strong two way player With acceptable PK skills and a good overall offensive game.

Minneseota could get the rights to Jan Bulis

and RW Richard Zednik

Which would make Gaborik feel a bit more welcome on the team as Rumour goes he doesn't mesh well with some of his teammates. he immediatly gets 2 players that can help the Wild<S offensive woes as well as fit the mold of the team and are 2 of his BIGGEST friends.

add a second round pick to that

and the Habs will want

Mikko Koivu !

---------------

Where have I come across this ! well to be frank, this came from a discussion I had with a buddy from St PAul who just told me the wild where looking at Bulis and Zednik !

Bulis as a centerman ( which is reportedly the position he wants to play )

and Zednik as a winger who could find a more comfortable niche in the western conference's style !

I need your opinion folks @!!!

Please, not another Koivu !

Russeltown 05-23-2006 09:03 PM

I'd throw Bulis and Zednik to Minnesota for a draft pick and I'd be happy

Pere Noel 05-23-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Close.

Zednik, Bulis, and a 2nd
for
Mikko Koivu

-Forget Mikko who was a first round pick (#6)

-Can we get this year first round pick instead (#9)?

Then I will be a happy camper... Send Zednik, plus for what Bulis' rights are worth and the second for that first round pick (#9 in a weak draft)

BORAT 05-23-2006 09:06 PM

once again

The Rights to Bulis ( with which the Wild will be able to immediatly negotiate ) and Richard Zednik ( already signed ) + 2nd

for possibly Mikko Koivu

I think that Mikko's season has had alot of ups and downs and I am queezy at the thought that some people think he has been ideal for the wild this season as he has not been.

For the Wild having a happy Marian Gaborik has more importance than a potential 2nd Liner like Koivu.

Of Course alot of you forget Patrick O'sullivan is coming up through the system quite nicely and has shown more Potential '' pay dirt '' than Koivu on the whole, I think next season is a determining one for Mikko Koivu.

will the wild benefit from having a PROVEN scorer like Zednik ( Coming off one bad season ) due to a combination of injury and discontent with constant line shuffling and coaching changes. And a PROVEN two way forward with a Scoring ability, both at a pretty good age ?

That could land their TOP PLAYER ( Gaborik ) in more luke warm waters for negotiating ?

Ah ... the plot thickens...

now it is clear the wild needs more offense ... CLEAR

Koivu is no goal scorer, no real Shutdown guy .... he's a in betweener ! A pretty good one ! with a career potential of being an excellent in betweener !!! possibly even notching 70 points or so !

but he ain't no offensive threat ...