HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Any Possibility trade for Vish? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25454)

S.S. Giggy 11-04-2003 01:34 PM

Any Possibility trade for Vish?

Yeah, I know the Ducks are trying to move a D-man so, I wonder if the Ducks can get a Power Forward out of it, if so, who?

Gibsons Finest 11-04-2003 01:51 PM

Vish could hopefully go somewhere to get something. Washington's looking for d help, so Danius Zubrus hopefully could come here for him, in some sort of deal. Edmonton could use d help, so Comrie isn't impossible for Vish. Chicago also needs d help, do a package trade for Kyle Calder isn't out of the question either. Hopefully they get one of these guys.

disles1 11-04-2003 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy
Yeah, I know the Ducks are trying to move a D-man so, I wonder if the Ducks can get a Power Forward out of it, if so, who?

Trent Hunter--NYI get him while you still can!!!!

S.S. Giggy 11-04-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Vish could hopefully go somewhere to get something. Washington's looking for d help, so Danius Zubrus hopefully could come here for him, in some sort of deal. Edmonton could use d help, so Comrie isn't impossible for Vish. Chicago also needs d help, do a package trade for Kyle Calder isn't out of the question either. Hopefully they get one of these guys.

Edmonton you say? How about Brad Isbister? Since the Ducks could use a Power Forward right about now. Danius Zubrus? Too soft. Comrie? Too much $. Calder? Too small and since he's a centerman, the Ducks would probably put him on the 3rd or 4th line.

Gibsons Finest 11-04-2003 02:16 PM

Quote:

Edmonton you say? How about Brad Isbister? Since the Ducks could use a Power Forward right about now. Danius Zubrus? Too soft. Comrie? Too much $. Calder? Too small and since he's a centerman, the Ducks would probably put him on the 3rd or 4th line.

Vish is worth more than Isbister I believe. We already got Nieds, and Isbister hasn't been that good. We could easily sign Comrie to something that pays him less now, and more when guys like Feds and Prospal take major cuts from this year's salary. Calder's small, but then again, so was Kariya. He's also a left wing, not a center, and would go nicely on line #1 with Feds and Nieds/Sykora.

Spankatola Jamnuts* 11-04-2003 03:31 PM

Isbister is one of the most overrated players in history. He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Comrie.

S.S. Giggy 11-04-2003 05:46 PM

Well... Is there a cheap Power Forward the Ducks can get for Vish?

Spankatola Jamnuts* 11-04-2003 05:59 PM

Not for Vish alone, I don't think.

McDonald19 11-04-2003 09:37 PM

Vish and Isbister are two players who haven't played up to their potential. I'd do that trade just to get a power forward in the lineup even if he isn't a natural scorer. Before Isbister was traded last year the Ducks were mentioned as a team that was interested in him. Hopefully Edmonton would throw in a second round pick or something as well.

Zubrus isn't the type of player we need to add to our lineup. He's another player who doesn't drive to the net. I wouldn't be angry though if Vish for Zubrus happened. It would be an ok trade because Zubrus has talent, it just wouldn't solve any of our problems.

Randall Graves* 11-04-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

Well... Is there a cheap Power Forward the Ducks can get for Vish?

good power forwards are extremely rare. If I were the Ducks i'd be looking at Erik Cole, they don't have a goalie in the pipeline behind Weekes and I think Bryz,Vish and Smirnov would be overpaying for Cole but a guy like Zubrius could be had for Vish and Smirnov(I believe)

the ducks could go high rollers and try and get Iginla but I don't know what they'd want....probley Chistov,Vish,Smirnov and Bryz atleast.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks dangle Sykora if you want a top end PF we would need to make room and Sykora could bring alot in return he's only 26 of course i'd like to keep him by age 28 he SHOULD start becoming an 80 point a year player...he was a good playmaker when he played on the A-line I don't know why he can't be a better one here.

I say we hold onto Vish and wait to get healthy...i've heard a few things about teams being interested in ozolinsh...if he's dealt is that a precursor to trying to get Gonchar?

McDonald19 11-04-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
good power forwards are extremely rare. If I were the Ducks i'd be looking at Erik Cole, they don't have a goalie in the pipeline behind Weekes and I think Bryz,Vish and Smirnov would be overpaying for Cole but a guy like Zubrius could be had for Vish and Smirnov(I believe)

the ducks could go high rollers and try and get Iginla but I don't know what they'd want....probley Chistov,Vish,Smirnov and Bryz atleast.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks dangle Sykora if you want a top end PF we would need to make room and Sykora could bring alot in return he's only 26 of course i'd like to keep him by age 28 he SHOULD start becoming an 80 point a year player...he was a good playmaker when he played on the A-line I don't know why he can't be a better one here.

I say we hold onto Vish and wait to get healthy...i've heard a few things about teams being interested in ozolinsh...if he's dealt is that a precursor to trying to get Gonchar?

Ozolinsh is a big part of our team. I wouldn't trade him. Same for Sykora. Your scaring me mentioning our best players here. Stick to Vish rumors. :)

Carolina is rebuilding and Erik Cole is a solid young player for them, I'm not sure why there are trade rumors about him. I wish we could get someone like Iginla but I suppose it never could happen.

cheesymc 11-05-2003 11:23 AM

People have been mentioning trades with Edmonton... so how fair would this be?

Semenov and Laraque/Raffi Torres for Andymac, Vish/Sauer, and another extra forward like Johnsson? Plus exchange a few picks to make it fair.

Semenov for Sauer
Andymac + something like a 3rd rounder for Torres
Throw in Johnsson so there is space when Byslma and Leclerc return.

That way we get a meaner Dman, and a guy who likes to crash the net.
Oilers get a positional dman(althought still undeveloped) they need since trading Ninnima and a guy who can play all 4 lines in Andy, so then they would be more flexible to move Comrie. Plus they get a 4rth liner to replace 4rth liner Torres, and get a pick for the future.

fair? Id like Laraque, but hes goin nowhere unless Oilers dont make playoffs.

I think Torres would be nice to have next to Chistov. Hes like a wanna be Brenden Morrow, but he could end up being like him...

cheesymc 11-05-2003 11:45 AM

or how about with the capitals, they really need better dmen...

I think Sutherby and Battaglia can be had and they will really provide some grit and toughness to the team.

I dont think they would want vish since hes still underdeveloped, I think they would like Sauer since they need better positional players. Sauer has the experience of playing 20 minutes a game.

I wouldnt know who the Cap would like up front though. I just offer Andy cause he has potential and more value than Sami, Krog, etc. if he recovers from the concussion.

Duck Off 11-05-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller

sykora is one of my favorite players, but i wouldnt mind tradin him for like Igilnia. sykora has a great shot, but cant do much by his self.

S.S. Giggy 11-05-2003 07:35 PM

How about Mark Bell? It doesn't look like he's living up to standards in Chicago.

cheesymc 11-06-2003 12:26 PM

I like Bell too, he would give us some much needed toughness up front (although he got rocked by Simpson earlier on). hes inconsistent still so he would play on the 3rd line maybe with Chistov.

What would the hawks need in return though? We need to get rid of a dman and some forwards to open up space for Leclerc and Dan next month