HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Quincy Carter RELEASED! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=254625)

Whitesnake 05-24-2006 11:06 AM

OT: Quincy Carter RELEASED!

Well, that wasn't too long, so great depth as a #2 starts too look like an obvious decision now.....The link just says that we was released some time after he had left the camp. Seemed that he had a groin injury.

http://www.rds.ca/alouettes/chroniques/204919.html

ForsbergForever 05-24-2006 01:39 PM

Matthews has made it clear Nealon Greene is his favorite so it looks like the blinders are on and his path is clear to the Als back up spot.

Habber 05-24-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever
Matthews has made it clear Nealon Greene is his favorite so it looks like the blinders are on and his path is clear to the Als back up spot.

Als fans should be preying that Cavillo doesn't get hurt.

Pat 05-24-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever

with the price the Als paid for Greene, it was kinda obvious he was gonna be Calvillo's main backup

HabsBaby18* 05-24-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Well, that wasn't too long, so great depth as a #2 starts too look like an obvious decision now.....The link just says that we was released some time after he had left the camp. Seemed that he had a groin injury.

http://www.rds.ca/alouettes/chroniques/204919.html

CFL League = pee wee league with 10 teams LOL ...

Stefan 05-24-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

Eight teams, and by the way... it's professional.

Beatnik 05-24-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHabsRule

It's a good league, I can't see how a Canadian football league could be much better.

I really enjoy it, specially live and in playoffs.

phil 05-24-2006 04:57 PM

CFL can do while there is no NFL or NCAA but then it's goodbye I don't even want to hear about it

phil 05-24-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Als fans should be preying that Cavillo doesn't get hurt.

well Greene and Brady are still better than any #2 QB the Als had in a while... I remmember a season when Calvillo got injured and a guy named Gonzales or some thing like that took the job... it wan't pretty... this was the same year that Jock Climie (SP?) retired...

mcphee 05-24-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18

Every time someone starts an ot CFL topic, you come by and express how little you think of it. The thing is though, that some of us really enjoy it, and there is a definite possibility that our taste is as discerning as yours. Speaking just for myself, if you find it beneath you, stay the hell away. Why lower yourself, unless somehow it makes you feel bigger.

Laurentides 05-24-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil
well Greene and Brady are still better than any #2 QB the Als had in a while... I remmember a season when Calvillo got injured and a guy named Gonzales or some thing like that took the job... it wan't pretty... this was the same year that Jock Climie (SP?) retired...

You were close, it was Tavares Bolden,,,,, :D :D

Whitesnake 05-24-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurentides
You were close, it was Tavares Bolden,,,,, :D :D

Nope, he's right we had a Dan Gonzalez playing in 2000 and 2001... If i remember correctly he wore the #14.

HabsBaby18* 05-24-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHabsRule

Yeah I was being generous ........... "Professional" with 8 TEAMS LOL .... my basketball league have more than 8 teams :biglaugh: ...what a joke

High flyin' Habs* 05-24-2006 09:50 PM

Montreal likes signing big name players and then releasing them it seems...

And HabsBABY, your not funny dude.

MEGALINSKY 05-24-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High flyin' Habs
Montreal likes signing big name players and then releasing them it seems...

And HabsBABY, your not funny dude.

seconded

phil 05-24-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Nope, he's right we had a Dan Gonzalez playing in 2000 and 2001... If i remember correctly he wore the #14.

don't ever doubt my memory... "insert evil laugh here" ... sorry it's late

Vagrant 05-24-2006 10:56 PM

Keep it clean, everybody. If you're not interested in the topic then don't reply. Personal attacks will also not be tolerated.

Resume thread!

I never liked Quicy Carter, anyways. He's too talented to be that wasteful.

korky00 05-25-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18*
Yeah I was being generous ........... "Professional" with 8 TEAMS LOL .... my basketball league have more than 8 teams :biglaugh: ...what a joke

I do prefer tho 8 teams that each have a chance to win then 32 teams that looks at the Yankees and Red Sox make the playoffs every seasons... :sarcasm:

Watsatheo 05-26-2006 12:36 AM

I so do enjoy the CFL, it is highly underrated, even by Canadians. the three down system is highly effective and entertaining. it is also why some NFL qbs would have trouble playing in the CFL...

I'm still confused why we got Greene, i'm not sure but doesn't he make a lot of money for just a backup qb.
Well hopefully they find another city as i'm disapointed by the folding of Ottawa.

Habber 05-26-2006 01:49 AM

Greene doesn't have a real big contract. I believe his contract with the Riders had a low base and big incentives for starting games, so it shouldn't cost the Als too much if Cavillo stays healthy.

HabuseMoi 05-26-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsBaby18*

ROLFMOA yhea how cool is that!