HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   why do the habs suck? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25479)

The n00b King * 11-04-2003 03:43 PM

why do the habs suck?

Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with our team? im currently listening to the hockey game of habs vs oilers and why cant we score? we get like a billion shots on the net, but yet we cant put it in. It's currently 4-0 and the oilers have like what? 10 shots at most? it's ridiculous. i just dont get it. Please someone enlightnen me..or im gonna start crying. WOW! we scored...and guess who? the only guy that somehow scores, and shouldnt be..souray. good stuff..but 4-1..ouch :shakehead

like what's up with our D scoring? i mean, i got nothing against the D scoring, but not when it's happening more often than our forwards...i dont remember us scoring so little ever b-4...

Habs4ever 11-04-2003 04:47 PM

Main reason I could give would be talent!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with our team? im currently listening to the hockey game of habs vs oilers and why cant we score? we get like a billion shots on the net, but yet we cant put it in. It's currently 4-0 and the oilers have like what? 10 shots at most? it's ridiculous. i just dont get it. Please someone enlightnen me..or im gonna start crying. WOW! we scored...and guess who? the only guy that somehow scores, and shouldnt be..souray. good stuff..but 4-1..ouch :shakehead

like what's up with our D scoring? i mean, i got nothing against the D scoring, but not when it's happening more often than our forwards...i dont remember us scoring so little ever b-4...

we just don't have it, most of our players are softies, how could you play CJ system of Defence when you can't score wouldn't every hab fan like to know the formula, We need scorer at any cost CJ needs to let them play more offensive game, but i'm surprised they aren't doing this already knowing team isn't scoring at all.

Bud The Spud* 11-05-2003 12:04 AM

Since there are so many things wrong, I think BG really has to do something. Maybe CJ should be fired? :dunno:

Fish on The Sand 11-05-2003 12:10 AM

I find it funny reading this, but at the same time as we near the quarter poll we are in the playoffs and just 4 points out of first. Maybe we should suck more often :teach:

Darz 11-05-2003 03:32 AM

The problem right now, imo, is the majority of our forwards are going through a scroing slump which seems to be snowballing. It seems like the players are overthinking, and lost the ability to roof the puck in close. We definately had chances against Edmonton.

David 11-05-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
The problem right now, imo, is the majority of our forwards are going through a scroing slump which seems to be snowballing. It seems like the players are overthinking, and lost the ability to roof the puck in close. We definately had chances against Edmonton.

I think that the problem is that we just don't have enough skill or speed...and team cohesion (sp?).

We are lacking these qualities esp. at the centre position where the puck distribution has to take place. We have snipers but they are useless without someone feeding them the puck. Ribeiro was doing this at the beginning of the season but he's been easy to neutralize because of his lack of speed and his lack of fighting through the opposition. He's essentially a perimeter player and is not effective.

We need Saku back and plus another 2nd line centre with talent (preferably with toughness) who can see the ice well and distribute the puck to our snipers so that when the opposition focuses on the first line the second can get the job done. As snipers go, we do not have class A snipers but some good and half decent emerging ones in Zednik and Ryder.

As for D, I need to observe some more to make up my mind...but I must say that Rivet reminds me a lot of Todd Gill when he was in Toronto. He talks a good game after losing. He doesn't have the skill and he's borderline reliable at best.

And for Theo, he needs to be more consistant and rebound quicker after a bad game. This is a mark of great goal tenders and he doesn't have this yet.

As for team cohesion, there is obviously something wrong...as one of the other threads said, the very players who were in the shadows of our players down in Hamilton are excelling in Edmonton while our guys are struggling up here. I can't help to think that the environment that is produced by the coaching and management staff must be somewhat responsible for this as well as the players themselves. Does anyone know of cliques on the team or perhaps even divisions? I think that I saw some after our team lost to Hurricanes a couple years ago in the playoffs and hoped that it has been patched...but clearly something is not good in the dressing room.

Not only that, I am afraid that our veterans' negative attitudes and their fears, insecurities, etc are clearly rubbing off on the younger players.

It's a daunting task for Bob to tackle...but I think that a good place to start may be to get a good quality 2nd line centre as I said before. Either that or light a fire under Rib's to be that 2nd line centre right now.

Just my 2 cents.

AK-47 11-05-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I find it funny reading this, but at the same time as we near the quarter poll we are in the playoffs and just 4 points out of first. Maybe we should suck more often :teach:

Actually, we are 9th in the East.

gohabsgo2010 11-05-2003 05:06 PM

Anyone ever read the story of the Grinch?

Mr. Grinch was far meaner than any Hab, but his heart was too small until the end of the story.

The Habs players hearts are currently too small, until the end of the story. Our story has just begun here in Montreal. :)

Fish on The Sand 11-05-2003 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK-47
Actually, we are 9th in the East.

Sorry, forgot about the Rangers win.

habsfan19 11-05-2003 08:47 PM

this is no ordinary scoring slump for our forwards
when Sheldon Souray scores most of the goals in the last 6 games or so we have a problem, major problem

either we wake up or just sink to the bottom and forget this year
i think some of us have already forgotten this year