HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Can't say Heritage Classic (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25508)

metallicat 11-04-2003 05:33 PM

Can't say Heritage Classic

So why is it, that only 630 CHED can actually mention the words Heritage Classic? It was an absolute joke on K-Rock today in Edmonton, they are pissed off that they cannot mention those words when talking about the game. Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

Guy Flaming 11-04-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicat
So why is it, that only 630 CHED can actually mention the words Heritage Classic? It was an absolute joke on K-Rock today in Edmonton, they are pissed off that they cannot mention those words when talking about the game. Can someone shed some light on this issue please?

I think it's a copyright issue but Bryn Griffiths would be able to explain the situation exactly.... Bryn....?

Walsher 11-04-2003 09:14 PM

If it is a copyright it doesn't bother me. 630 CHED is the home of the Oilers - they have supported the team more than any other radio station in town. To me it is the same as having the Heritage Classic ballots in the Edmonton Journal. Everything is business and whoever contributes the most gets the rewards.

metallicat 11-05-2003 06:58 AM

Copyright issue? That is dumb. It is not as if K-Rock is going to benefit from saying the name, and all it will do is raise even more publicity for it. The whole idea is idiotic, unless I can get a damn good reason why the Oilers or whoever is doing this.

LawnDemon 11-05-2003 07:15 AM

Quote:

Copyright issue? That is dumb. It is not as if K-Rock is going to benefit from saying the name, and all it will do is raise even more publicity for it. The whole idea is idiotic, unless I can get a damn good reason why the Oilers or whoever is doing this.

how much more local publicity does it need? i mean, you have to win a freakin lottery to get tickets. i think it is sufficiently publicized. let the baby have his bottle!

Marconius 11-05-2003 07:18 AM

Quote:

I totally agree. Just another example of how retarded things can get when you involve lawyers. I don't think KRock is going to increase listeners/revenue by using those magical words. All they'll be doing is reinforcing that Edmonton is lucky to have an "oldschool special event"

"I'm going to the Heritage Classic!"
"I'm going to that game that will be like how hockey used to be played, the quintessential outdoor game"