HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why we need another top line foward!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=255206)

Freaky Habs Fan 05-26-2006 01:23 PM

Why we need another top line foward!!!

The reason is quite simple...we need another top notch foward to give a great winger to Koivu!

When the line of Saks and Kovy broke up, I was in a :confused: situation, but after a week or two, I thought it was a great idea because it was harder for the opposition to send their checking line on one of our top two line...

But on the other hand, their was some nights where one of our top 2 line wasn't that good...

So that's why we need another good foward...we could put Kovy with Saks, and the other foward would take care of the second line. We would then have a more dangerous first line, and a second line who will be dangerous because of the other big name.

Anyways, that's my point of view...we had a good line-up, but we can do better! There always our younf fowards, but we can't put all the pressure on them. Also, if we don't keep Bulis and Zednik, there will be many spots available...Kost, Grabo and Latendresse might make the jump, but we still need another body!

JordanStaal#1Fan 05-26-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
The reason is quite simple...we need another top notch foward to give a great winger to Koivu!

When the line of Saks and Kovy broke up, I was in a :confused: situation, but after a week or two, I thought it was a great idea because it was harder for the opposition to send their checking line on one of our top two line...

But on the other hand, their was some nights where one of our top 2 line wasn't that good...

So that's why we need another good foward...we could put Kovy with Saks, and the other foward would take care of the second line. We would then have a more dangerous first line, and a second line who will be dangerous because of the other big name.

Anyways, that's my point of view...we had a good line-up, but we can do better! There always our younf fowards, but we can't put all the pressure on them. Also, if we don't keep Bulis and Zednik, there will be many spots available...Kost, Grabo and Latendresse might make the jump, but we still need another body!

Well, you are right, we need another top notch forward, preferably a big right handed center who could play with Kovalev and whoever will replace Bulis (Kost or Lats most likely IMO). I really like Ribeiro but we need to replace him if we want to go forward. Arnott could be the solution but I'm not really sold on him.

Freaky Habs Fan 05-26-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Well, you are right, we need another top notch forward, preferably a big right handed center who could play with Kovalev and whoever will replace Bulis (Kost or Lats most likely IMO). I really like Ribeiro but we need to replace him if we want to go forward. Arnott could be the solution but I'm not really sold on him.

Yeah I now agree that Ribeiro will never be able to make this team go foward...he's not a liability by any means, but he's not really scary when you face him...

JordanStaal#1Fan 05-26-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Yeah I now agree that Ribeiro will never be able to make this team go foward...he's not a liability by any means, but he's not really scary when you face him...

Ribeiro is a really good player and he would be a real nice number two center if we had a Joe Thornton or a Sidney Crosby as a first center. I mean Saku is really good and all, but he needs more support than a guy like Thornton who can dominate a game. Plus Saku is not big nor intimidating so we need another center who can throw the body, a thing that Ribeiro can't do. Plus Ribeiro can't skate and is too simalar to Kovalev (in the way the play the game, not their skills) to be on the same line.

Habruti! 05-26-2006 01:38 PM

I thought Perezhogin and Plekanek where the most dangerous duo during the playoff. If you stick them together on the second line and pair them with Kovalev we would certainly have something to work with.

Then perhaps we could get great third liners and stick on of Lapierre or Chipchura between them. Both Fieson and Langunbrunner are available. They where making a heck of a third line with Madden in NJ. Might be easier to land Frieson and Langunbrunner then it would be to land Elias!

1. Higgins, Koivu, Ryder
2. Perezhogin, Plekanek, Kovalev
3. Frieson, Chipchura, Langunbrunner
4. Begin, Bonk, Murray

JordanStaal#1Fan 05-26-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti!
I thought Perezhogin and Plekanek where the most dangerous duo during the playoff. If you stick them together on the second line and pair them with Kovalev we would certainly have something to work with.

Then perhaps we could get great third liners and stick on of Lapierre or Chipchura between them. Both Fieson and Langunbrunner are available. They where making a heck of a third line with Madden in NJ. Might be easier to land Frieson and Langunbrunner then it would be to land Elias!

1. Higgins, Koivu, Ryder
2. Perezhogin, Plekanek, Kovalev
3. Frieson, Chipchura, Langunbrunner
4. Begin, Bonk, Murray

I don't like the idea of signing Lagenbrunner and Friesen now. Well, they are good players and all but I really don't think we are there yet. Those guys would be useful if we were a team like the Ottawa Senators who are perennial contenders. They are the final piece of the puzzle and I feel that we are still building our core. In 2 or 3 years players like those two would be more than welcome. I just think we have to be patient with our youngsters give them the chance to succeed and than had those kind of players to make a push towards a cup.

Habruti! 05-26-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
I don't like the idea of signing Lagenbrunner and Friesen now. Well, they are good players and all but I really don't think we are there yet. Those guys would be useful if we were a team like the Ottawa Senators who are perennial contenders. They are the final piece of the puzzle and I feel that we are still building our core. In 2 or 3 years players like those two would be more than welcome. I just think we have to be patient with our youngsters give them the chance to succeed and than had those kind of players to make a push towards a cup.

I think we have been patient enough, I think Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Ryder, Plekanek, Markov, Komisarek form a good base for this core. Yes some of these guys only have one year behind there belt but another full year will do wonder. Look at how Carolina performed this year and I realy do not think we are far off...

BTW these are not necessarily moves that need to be done day 1, they can happen through the course of a season and we can acquire some missing piece at the end of the year before the trade deadline. I think one small piece could be added this summer and another one during the course of the year. Who know Kostsitsyn could be this daeadly scorer we are missing so much...

All of this to say that we are close enough the challenge IMO.