HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Svitov *proposals*? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25556)

Slapshot 11-04-2003 09:23 PM

Svitov rumors?

Alexander Svitov has been brought up from the minors without impressive play or an open slot for him on the roster. Is he being shopped? Anyone hear of scouts heading to Lightning games? Any rumblings about the coveted young centerman around the league?

leaflover 11-04-2003 09:40 PM

No i haven't heard any rumors but i wouldn't mind seeing this guy on the leafs.I was really surprised when he made the lightning after basically missing the entire 01/02 season in russia.Thats quite a leap for a young guys coming off a missed season.Hopefully the bolts aren't down on him already,he's gonna be a solid 2/3 line physical center.I would think his being recalled has more to do with them wanting to get him into the bolts lineup or possibly they're considering moving someone else and will need him.

PatrickRoy33 11-04-2003 09:44 PM

He stayed with Tampa because it was the lesser of 2 evils....the Bolts AHL situation was (is) horrible, and the coach in place was not treating the Bolts players well....so Alexeev and Svitov stayed in Tampa....otherwise, they're both full-time AHL'ers for a year or so til they get their confidence....

leaflover 11-04-2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRoy33
He stayed with Tampa because it was the lesser of 2 evils....the Bolts AHL situation was (is) horrible, and the coach in place was not treating the Bolts players well....so Alexeev and Svitov stayed in Tampa....otherwise, they're both full-time AHL'ers for a year or so til they get their confidence....

Wouldn't it make more sense to can the coach if he's doing more harm to your developement system rather than harming your prospects by playing them over their heads.I'm not sure who coached springfield last season but i would guess whoever it was wouldn't be worth keeping around in that situation.Its not like AHL coaches are making big money.I'm not saying you're wrong but if you're right that may be the very worst reason for keeping a player in the NHL that i've ever heard.It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Big McLargehuge 11-04-2003 10:20 PM

Tampa is sharing an AHL team this year, their coach isn't their coach at all.

leaflover 11-04-2003 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantompenguin
Tampa is sharing an AHL team this year, their coach isn't their coach at all.

i think he meant last year when svitov made the team.

Legionnaire 11-04-2003 11:02 PM

Svitov for Vishnevski and a 2nd

petec1978* 11-04-2003 11:12 PM

A roster spot opened for him when Janne Laukkanen was bought out last week.

I don't agree with the decision to recall him, but it has NOTHING to do with him being shopped.

-Pete Choquette

andora 11-04-2003 11:20 PM

todd white and peter schastlivy for svitov and a pick...

a future combo of spezza/svitov would just be awesome, as well, a future combo of annoying playoff centermen in svitov/bonk would be awesome

leafaholix* 11-04-2003 11:27 PM

Jonas Hoglund for Alexander Svitov

No, wait...

Evilo 11-04-2003 11:58 PM

Kraft and a late pick for Svitov...

Bolthed 11-05-2003 01:23 AM

Dear god, these offers are insulting.

Evilo 11-05-2003 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthed

What do you expect for a guy that's proven nothing and been rather a dissapointment so far?
Teams aren't going to pay the moon for a guy that's a question mark right now.

I was kidding with the Kraft proposal (only the Pens boards regular will get it though), but getting White and Schastlivy as Andora proposed is getting a lot already IMO.

WhoIsJimBob 11-05-2003 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthed

At least no Sabre fans have offered up Connolly and/or Afinogenov yet........

Big Bill 11-05-2003 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo
What do you expect for a guy that's proven nothing and been rather a dissapointment so far?
Teams aren't going to pay the moon for a guy that's a question mark right now.

I was kidding with the Kraft proposal (only the Pens boards regular will get it though), but getting White and Schastlivy as Andora proposed is getting a lot already IMO.

He missed a whole year of hockey! Then he played sparingly last year. He is still super young. People expect way too much too often from these players. The Kovalchuks of the world have spoiled us to expect every highly touted player to come in a make an immediate, sustained impact.

I think regardless of what he has done so far, he is still a top ten prospect league wide and would cost a lot more than any of these proposals.

Timmy1973 11-05-2003 05:55 AM

I thought Tim Taylor was a little dinged up, so maybe this call up is just giving Taylor a night or two off to recover. Anyway after the nearly two year soap opera surrounding Svitov I seriously doubt that Svitov will be traded before the Lightning have a better idea of what he can do.

VO #23 11-05-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill
He missed a whole year of hockey! Then he played sparingly last year. He is still super young. People expect way too much too often from these players. The Kovalchuks of the world have spoiled us to expect every highly touted player to come in a make an immediate, sustained impact.

I think regardless of what he has done so far, he is still a top ten prospect league wide and would cost a lot more than any of these proposals.

He was a third overall pick that everyone and their dog claimed was ready to contribute in the NHL "right now". He is still really, really young obviouslya but these expectations are certainly a by-product of all his pre-draft hype.

Evilo 11-05-2003 10:05 AM

Yeah he's not a top 10 prospect anymore IMO.
I'm aware he missed a year of hockey. But so did Chistov.

Sotnos 11-06-2003 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VO #23
He was a third overall pick that everyone and their dog claimed was ready to contribute in the NHL "right now".

That was right when he got drafted, before he missed a year playing due to Omsk not wanting to let him go. Nobody has since said he's NHL ready, because he isn't. He hasn't gotten into the swing of things yet, probably due in LARGE part to Tampa's screwed up minor league system, but it's too early to call him a bust.

As has been said (and it's been confirmed by Bolts management), Svitov got called up for a look-see due to a roster spot opening, they'll rotate him and Cibak in 3rd line center duties, there is nothing else to be read into this. Most fans who care would rather see him in the AHL getting serious minutes than being on a checking line in Tampa, but it's not our decision.

As for firing the AHL coach last year, that wasn't Tampa's affiliate, they were sharing Springfield with Phoenix, and McSorley was Phoenix's choice (for obvious reasons).

Marmax 11-06-2003 06:55 AM

Svitov would be such a great fit in a habs uniform. He is still young and full of potential. I wonder what it would take to get him? Zednik, Hossa, (Put something) for Svitov, Kubina

Pensfan66 11-06-2003 08:02 AM

What about Kraft, Rosival and a 3rd from the Pens?

Marshall 11-06-2003 09:41 AM

I think we can pretty much rule out the Capitals trying to trade for him...

caber24 11-06-2003 10:12 AM

i wouldn't mind seeing svitov in a leaf uniform...

bell and wellwood for svitov.
colaiacovo for svitov and a 3rd/4th

Whinks 11-06-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caber24
i wouldn't mind seeing svitov in a leaf uniform...

colaiacovo for svitov and a 3rd/4th

The pick should be going to the Lightning, IMO.

Souffle 11-06-2003 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whinks
The pick should be going to the Lightning, IMO.

I agree -- the only defensive prospect more over-rated than Coliaicovo is Hainsey.

At the risk of getting flamed, I would offer Rivet, Zednik, and (mid-level prospect or draft pick) for Kubina and Svitov.