HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   to see Car vs Buff ; does it change your evaluation ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=255770)

goalchenyuk 05-29-2006 10:42 AM

to see Car vs Buff ; does it change your evaluation ?

Looking to the finals , and seing how Carolina played againts us , than the next serie , and finally againts Buffalo , does it change how you were evaluating the Habs , during our serie ?

I think that this team is playing really great , and i realise that we were also playing very well againts them , that we give an hard opposition ,but that it is may be the same story that we are going to see ; were we playing againts the cup winers ?

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Looking to the finals , and seing how Carolina played againts us , than the next serie , and finally againts Buffalo , does it change how you were evaluating the Habs , during our serie ?

I think that this team is playing really great , and i realise that we were also playing very well againts them , that we give an hard opposition ,but that it is may be the same story that we are going to see ; were we playing againts the cup winers ?

Don't want to be pessimistic but I believe the Canes didn't play that way against us at all. Sure we might have been playing better than we thought, but they were coming out a little slump, had no confidence in Gerber even though he was sick, nothing was going their way and now all the bounces goes their way, they're faster than ever, even Reechi scores once in a while....They gained a lot of confidence, something they didn't have against us and something they were not ready to gain....until Souray and Christo decided otherwise....

But on top of that, they still have a lot of trouble against a great team playing with 3 regular d-men and there's no Pronger in there either (though I'll take McKee any day of the week....) But when you think that Fitzpatrick is #4......And Connolly, their #2, sometimes playing like their #1 is not there, well it has the same effect on the Canes than they had against us when we lost Saks. So they're playing better, the other teams lose more than games, and the bounces goes their way, what can you ask more.

Watch some important Oilers players drop next series, Canes will unfortunately win it all this year.....

tinyzombies 05-29-2006 11:37 AM

I think it's a matter of match-ups. We were able to pressure Carolina down low because their defense lacks agility, but they learned that they had to collapse in those situations and guard the net and block shots. They've learned to do it well because I don't think that was part of their game all that much during the season.

I thought Buffalo would eat them alive down low, but they haven't been able to get out of their own zone because of injuries to their puck moving defensemen.

Also, Carolina is a much more physical team than they were against us and Cam Ward has really taken flight (as he did against us).

I thought Buffalo was going to handle them easily, but they made the adjustments and have not had any major injuries.

Brett38 05-29-2006 11:43 AM

We lost to the team who made it to Finals in 2002 and 2004.

Carolina and Tampa!