HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ron fournier Plan A may actually happend (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=255798)

Louis Houde 05-29-2006 01:31 PM

Ron fournier Plan A may actually happend

Ron fournier said last month that the habs had 3 plans for goalie.

Plans
C: Stick with aebischer if Montreal can't sign Cristobal huet.

B:Sign Cristobal Huet for 2 years.

A: Do what it takes to obtain Roberto Luongo

This morning, a friend of mine in Florida heard on wmnf 88.5 fm this rumor:

Roberto Luongo doesnt trust Keenan anymore and Keenan would be bored with negociations with Luongo.Keenan would like Alexander Perezhogin, David Aebischer and the 2006's 16th pick in return of Luongo and young and big Anthony Stewart.

Of course, wmnf isnt a sport radio, so there is not much liability.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you this rumor.

Aarex 05-29-2006 01:33 PM

Done IMO

AH 05-29-2006 01:34 PM

Whatever you do, please dont post it on the Rumours board.

mmmmmmmmmmm aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is all I can say .

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH
Whatever you do, please dont post it on the Rumours board.

mmmmmmmmmmm aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is all I can say .

True, but for sure that trade is still incomplete. He must have missed when he mentioned Mark Strait's name as well. Then it becomes more real..... :D

habs4eva 05-29-2006 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=Rydified]Done IMO[/QUOT

wont happen, not even close, this is not even enough to get Luongo and ur adding Stewart, never would dis happen. Aebischer, Ryder, Perezgohin plus a pick for Luongo. that too maybe!!

Tuggy 05-29-2006 01:39 PM

Clearly the Habs would make that trade in a flash, but Florida wouldn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again...one way or another Luongo will be a Hab within the next two years. :teach:

Dan K 05-29-2006 01:40 PM

Take out top prospect Anthony Stewart and Florida is still getting below what they should be for Luongon IMO. So obviously that would be an incredible steal, but very likely not a real rumour.

Aarex 05-29-2006 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=habs4eva]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified
Done IMO[/QUOT

wont happen, not even close, this is not even enough to get Luongo and ur adding Stewart, never would dis happen. Aebischer, Ryder, Perezgohin plus a pick for Luongo. that too maybe!!

Whatever man, i'm not saying this is going to happen, i'm not even saying its fair in value.

What i am saying is, if keenen really wanted this package, then hell yes done deal.

AH 05-29-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Clearly the Habs would make that trade in a flash, but Florida wouldn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again...one way or another Luongo will be a Hab within the next two years. :teach:

Fair enough. I think so too, which is why we should just stay with Aebischer for one year and then pursue Luongo in the summer of 2007 when he is free like a bird.

From all reports, Roberto is one of those rare local guys who actually wants to play in the Montreal with the spotlight on him. I say he comes here eventually.

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 01:43 PM

I believe any trade that had Luongo coming our way needs at least Markov going the other way as well..

Dan K 05-29-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
I believe any trade that had Luongo coming our way needs at least Markov in it as well..

Or some package of like Higgins, Perezhogin, Ryder, plus a 1st. I do think that is about what Luongo could fetch in trade.

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Or some package of like Higgins, Perezhogin, Ryder, plus a 1st. I do think that is about what Luongo could fetch in trade.

Well Higgins is not going anywhere. I can deal with Perez and Ryder leaving, always conditional of what the UFA market will bring us. If our assumptions are right, Grabo or Kosty could take Perez's place, but we need to find a sniper for Ryder.....But they would need somebody else in there too and that's where it becomes tricky....Should we make Markov's available??? Would Souray be attractive to Keenan?

Clumsyhab 05-29-2006 01:57 PM

Well, I heard that since Luongo is UFA in 2 years and that he probably won't sign with them for more than 1 season this summer (if he signs), FLA would trade him for less because they know they could end up with nothing if they wait too long.

Clumsyhab 05-29-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Well Higgins is not going anywhere. I can deal with Perez and Ryder leaving, always conditional of what the UFA market will bring us. If our assumptions are right, Grabo or Kosty could take Perez's place, but we need to find a sniper for Ryder.....But they would need somebody else in there too and that's where it becomes tricky....Should we make Markov's available??? Would Souray be attractive to Keenan?

Why trade all our future top 6 forwards when we could get Luongo for nothing in 2 years?

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Well, I heard that since Luongo is UFA in 2 years and that he probably won't sign with them for more than 1 season this summer (if he signs), FLA would trade him for less because they know they could end up with nothing if they wait too long.

That's exactly the other point I was about to make. The packages that we're about to give Florida is about the same package for a great goalie who will not becoming UFA soon. Not Luongo's case. But the other teams won't know that and may be tempted to still offer Keenan the world if they happen to know that Luongo's first choice would be to come here.....

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Why trade all our future top 6 forwards when we could get Luongo for nothing in 2 years?

If it's well documented that Luongo would love coming here, the other teams could decide to not let this happen.....

Tuggy 05-29-2006 02:00 PM

Luongo will be eligible to be an UFA after next season. I believe Gainey will do everything in his power to bring him here. This is of course assuming Roberto doesn't sign a long term deal in Florida, which I don't think he will.

digitalmonkey* 05-29-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

You are severly overvalueing Luongo. He is an excellent goalie, but the amount you are proposing in exchange is crazy.

Clumsyhab 05-29-2006 02:08 PM

Here's my plan, which is called plan A+

If a trade for Luongo is not possible and FLA signs Luongo for 1 year, let's sign Huet 1 year. If Huet is great during the season, let's give him a long term contract during the summer. If Huet is not "superb", let's try for Luongo in the summer.

If Luongo signs a long term contract, let's try to sign Huet for 2-3 years.

Whitesnake 05-29-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Here's my plan, which is called plan A+

If a trade for Luongo is not possible and FLA signs Luongo for 1 year, let's sign Huet 1 year. If Huet is great during the season, let's give him a long term contract during the summer. If Huet is not "superb", let's try for Luongo in the summer.

If Luongo signs a long term contract, let's try to sign Huet for 2-3 years.

I could buy this as well.....

Habruti! 05-29-2006 02:14 PM

But Really, I would rather have Huet at 2.5M then Luongo at 5M even if I think it would cost 6M for Luongo.... 3.5M in cap space is a very good hockey player that could help bloster our offence.

The n00b King * 05-29-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

yeah ok there bud...so then Luongo leaves a mediocre florida (who now becomes a MUCH improved team) to come to a now mediocre montreal...doubt that happens.

Habsfan18 05-29-2006 02:17 PM

won't happen. No way Florida does that deal.

Pat 05-29-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan15
won't happen. No way Florida does that deal.

"expect the unexpected" ;)
maybe Keenan likes those players and feels comfortable with a deal like that one, who knows.

digitalmonkey* 05-29-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat
"expect the unexpected" ;)
maybe Keenan likes those players and feels comfortable with a deal like that one, who knows.

Mike Keenan is after one thing and one thing only this offseason...

Stephane Yelle. :)