HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Grabovsky to replace Bulis next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=255920)

jo_ab 05-29-2006 09:38 PM

Grabovsky to replace Bulis next year?

Hey guys, thats is what I'm really thinking. After the good tournament he play, I think gainey will sign him and Grabovsky will take the spot of Bulis.

What do you think of this...

Joey 05-29-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo_ab
Hey guys, thats is what I'm really thinking. After the good tournament he play, I think gainey will sign him and Grabovsky will take the spot of Bulis.

I would rather not rush his development and instead let Perezhogin/Kostitsyn/Lapierre/Other take the spot

montreal 05-29-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

I made a small edit to your title, adding a question mark so that it doesn't throw off anyone in case they think Grabovsky was signed and Gainey said it's to replace Bulis.

As for Grabo getting a full time spot, I'd settle for him being signed right now, but if he's signed and has a good camp I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team, maybe not right out of camp, it's really hard to say how he will adapt to the smaller ice surface, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him get some games in. He dominated at Euro Champions and made a name for himself at the WC's, was an RSL All Star. There's a lot to like but until we see him over here it's just a guess at this point.

Shabutie 05-29-2006 09:54 PM

I'd be content if Kost alone made the team* this year, and Grabo made it next.

Live Forever 05-29-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
I'd be content if Kost alone made the team* this year, and Grabo made it next.

Same here. All about baby steps...Grabo can maybe use a year in the AHL to be introduced to the smaller surface.

ensanimal 05-29-2006 10:09 PM

I'd rather him sign and start off in the AHL to get accustomed to the North American rinks.

Mid-season though, I'd love for him to have earned a promotion to the big club.

not quite yoda 05-29-2006 10:10 PM

STEP 1: sign Grabovsky
STEP 2: see who else we sign or acquire
STEP 3: have a training camp to see where everyone fits

Shabutie 05-29-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensanimal
I'd rather him sign and start off in the AHL to get accustomed to the North American rinks.

Mid-season though, I'd love for him to have earned a promotion to the big club.

I'd like to think that the team wouldn't have any glaring offensive holes mid-season, but I think you might be right.

Guy Germaine 05-30-2006 09:15 AM

Does anyone know what his contract situation is in the RSL ?
If Gainey does manage to get him over next year, I expect him to play a year in the AHL, in which case you would seriously have to consider leaving Kostitsyn down there another year, just to make him more comfortable.Those two would probably rip up the AHL together!!

hab-it 05-30-2006 10:04 AM

Dynamo Moscow forfited the contract, as they did not pay him for the last few months. He is without a contract with any team next year, so I hope he can grab him.

The only stumbling block to this is that there is no transfer agreement witht he RSL and the NHL. But the Habs have a good relationship with the RSL. Remember when we got Kosts! Savard was praised by the media by getting him out and only paying 200,000 or so. Most times they want 500,000 plus.

eddy 05-30-2006 10:24 AM

I'd like to Grabovsky play with the big club next year. If he comes to camp and it looks obvious he may need to spend some time in the AHL give him some time there to adjust. But if he really impresses I see no reason why we should hold him back. I may sound a little overconfident in him to make the show but from what i've seen and the results he has had he seems like the type of player that just has far too much skill not to make it.

Talent Analyst 05-30-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man

Thats right !!

ControlFreak 05-30-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man

Epileptic fits?

From the Gazette:
"Kostitsyn and Company Fit it out with veterans at camp."

/me slaps himself in the face for an obviously bad joke.

Habs 4 Life 05-30-2006 03:38 PM

Kostitsyn next year and Grabovski 2 years.We have some great talent coming up,I can't wait

montreal 05-30-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hab-it
Dynamo Moscow forfited the contract, as they did not pay him for the last few months. He is without a contract with any team next year, so I hope he can grab him.

The only stumbling block to this is that there is no transfer agreement witht he RSL and the NHL. But the Habs have a good relationship with the RSL. Remember when we got Kosts! Savard was praised by the media by getting him out and only paying 200,000 or so. Most times they want 500,000 plus.

Kostitsyn cost 350K. Grabovsky isn't under contract so the Habs should get him for free. The way it's set up now each team has to work it out with the RSL club not the league, or as far as I understand it. Now that could be changed any day now cause there's a lot of talk about a dealing getting done.

If a deal is done, under the current PTA, Grabovsky would cost 200K plus an additional 150K if he doesn't get his 30 NHL games in.

Kafka 05-30-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Gainey is conservative, he didn't offer a contract to Latendresse... why would he gave an NHL contract to Grabovski? Grabovski will probably be signed, but he will have to start the season in the AHL if that is the case.

sXe 05-30-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
Gainey is conservative, he didn't offer a contract to Latendresse... why would he gave an NHL contract to Grabovski? Grabovski will probably be signed, but he will have to start the season in the AHL if that is the case.

So what will he sign if it's not a contract? If he comes over it's because he has an NHL contract, if he does all bets are off as wether he can make the team or not.

Kafka 05-30-2006 06:07 PM

How things might turn if the prospects are lucky:
06-07 - A.Kostitsyn, M. Lapierre, Y.Danis (if not traded/waived), J. Ferland (or waived)
07-08 - K.Chipchura (will probably take 2 years in the AHL), Mikhail Grabovsky
08-09 - G.Latendresse, Aubin, D'Agostini, S.Kostitsyn (All of these might take 2 years in the AHL also)

Anyway, no one can make a real prediction, but I bet Hamilton will have a shot for the Calder cup in 08-09.

Shabutie 05-30-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

06-07 - A.Kostitsyn, M. Lapierre, Y.Danis (if not traded/waived), J. Ferland (or waived)
08-09 - G.Latendresse, Aubin, D'Agostini, S.Kostitsyn (All of these might take 2 years in the AHL also)

Anyway, no one can make a real prediction, but I bet Hamilton will have a shot for the Calder cup in 08-09.

I'd be disapointed if it took Lats another 2 years to make the big club. Imo if he doesn't make it this year, he makes it the next.

Dan K 05-30-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

I would say... (year the prospect will make the team, barring them being traded)
06-07 - A. Kostitsyn, Y. Danis, J. Ferland (probably 13th forward)
07-08 - M. Lapierre, G. Latendresse, A. Emelin, M. Grabovsky (maybe not straight from camp)
08-09 - K. Chipchura, S. Kostitsyn, C. Price, R. O'Byrne

Maybe something like...

06-07:
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Traded For Player / UFA - Kovalev
Zednik - Plekanec - Perezhogin
Murray - Bonk - Begin

Markov - Komisarek
Souray - UFA
Dandenault - Rivet

Huet
Danis

07-08:
Higgins - Koivu - Perezhogin
Latendresse - Same as last year - Kovalev
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Grabovsky
Murray - Lapierre - Begin

Markov - Komisarek
Emelin - Same as last year
Dandenault - Rivet

Huet
Danis

08-09:
Higgins - Koivu - Traded For Vet (Perezhogin, Plekanec +?)
Latendresse - Same as last year - Kovalev
A. Kostitsyn - Grabovsky - S. Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Begin

Markov - Komisarek
Emelin - Rivet
Dandenault - O'Byrne

Price
Danis

sXe 05-30-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

I'd be disapointed if it took Lats another 2 years to make the big club. Imo if he doesn't make it this year, he makes it the next.

He turned 19 this week, 2 more years won't kill him. It's not that Gui isn't good or wouldn't fill a need the problem is our depth.

I won't be disappointed if he does well on every level he plays prior to the NHL. There's a lot of prospects I can't wait to see what they will do before Lats.

Evil Ted 05-30-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Lats has alot of growing up to do, and he has alot of dues to pay in a minor pro league first, he will spend another year in jr most likely then spend atleast 1 year in the AHL and maybe if he has a season in which he dominates they will give him a roster spot after one season in the A but if hes average he will be a few years commin I bet.

I would estimate 3 seasons minimum before hes in a habs uniform on a consistant basis, who knows he may never make it to the big club either thats something we have to consider, the best thing for him is not to rush.

Shabutie 05-30-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe
He turned 19 this week, 2 more years won't kill him. It's not that Gui isn't good or wouldn't fill a need the problem is our depth.

I won't be disappointed if he does well on every level he plays prior to the NHL. There's a lot of prospects I can't wait to see what they will do before Lats.

I'd hope for AT least him making the club in 07-08 half way through the season (if he does well in hamilton). I wouldn't say that I'd be disapointed if he didn't, cuz afterall we do have Kost and Grabo who could both make it before he does. I do however see him as an upgrade over Ryder in a few years hopefully.

Habsaku 05-30-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

I'd hope for AT least him making the club in 07-08 half way through the season (if he does well in hamilton). I wouldn't say that I'd be disapointed if he didn't, cuz afterall we do have Kost and Grabo who could both make it before he does. I do however see him as an upgrade over Ryder in a few years hopefully.

I like this point of view except that I dont see him as an upgrade if Ryder gets back to what made him successfull in his rookie season.

sXe 05-30-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

That's the usual timetable all things being equal. He certainly has his work cut our for him to beat Ryder's first 2 seasons besides, he would compliment him more. I can see him fit on a line with Ribs-Ryder.