HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is Aubin most underrated Hab prospect? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=256098)

Toro 05-30-2006 08:35 PM

Is Aubin most underrated Hab prospect?

Aubin scored over 100 pts and is a large Center 6.02 i believe.

Toro 05-30-2006 08:39 PM

LoL same hair as Garth Murray :biglaugh:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/re...playerID=30275

Toro 05-30-2006 08:43 PM

pretty good stats too, near the top of the overall scoring in the league.....

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index...LeadersGeneral

Le Tricolore 05-30-2006 08:44 PM

wow, I'd have to say he's pretty underrated. We never hear any talk of him.

sXe 05-30-2006 08:46 PM

Who?

Shabutie 05-30-2006 08:50 PM

Could he play in the AHL, next season? He's going on 20 in Sept.

Toro 05-30-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe
Who?

exactly LOL

sorry i spelled his first name wrong in the title, i don't know how to fix it :innocent:

Mathieu Aubin...

Marc the Habs Fan 05-30-2006 08:51 PM

Cue the ''he's nothing more than another Urquhart'' post in 3...2...1...

Toro 05-30-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie

Yes

Teufelsdreck 05-30-2006 08:56 PM

When we rank 20 prospects we should realize that few of them will ever play for the Habs. It becomes academic to argue that X is #19 and Y is #20. But that's just my opinion.

montreal 05-30-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie

I expect him to play in Hamilton next year, unless he craps out at camp then the ECHL, for a guy that needs to play more physical, I don't think the Q is the way to go. Get him playing against bigger stronger players imo.

For me he was the biggest surprise of the year (or maybe Halak) and likely had the best season of any Hab prospect.

Quote:

Cue the ''he's nothing more than another Urquhart'' post
He does things that remind me of Urquhart, so it does make some sense. Both missed being drafted a year before they were drafted by only a couple days. Both are tall, lanky centers that have good offensive skills with good shots, good passing skills, Aubin seems to be more skilled and he's not as soft. Plus he seems more focused on the ice and he was deadly in the SO's this year, leading the Q in SO goals.

habsprospects 05-30-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro
LoL same hair as Garth Murray :biglaugh:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/re...playerID=30275

not really

Habsology 05-30-2006 10:19 PM

How is his skating?

Marc the Habs Fan 05-30-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
He does things that remind me of Urquhart, so it does make some sense. Both missed being drafted a year before they were drafted by only a couple days. Both are tall, lanky centers that have good offensive skills with good shots, good passing skills, Aubin seems to be more skilled and he's not as soft. Plus he seems more focused on the ice and he was deadly in the SO's this year, leading the Q in SO goals.

It was more a joke since usually you can't type the word Aubin around here without someone saying replying using the word Urquhart within the hour. :D

Sure there are similarities, but then I could say Aubin is comparable to Lang, Nylander, insert name of any tall lanky offensive minded center who isn't hugely physical but has found his way into the NHL...

Maithz 05-30-2006 11:10 PM

pts means nothing , look at bergeron I think he never put 100 pts in QMJHL

benji 05-31-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
pts means nothing , look at bergeron I think he never put 100 pts in QMJHL

Yeah well Mario Lemieux led the Q in scoring, and he also led the NHL in scoring. Stats may not be everything, but they are far from meaningless.

Nova_Scotia_Vees 05-31-2006 05:20 AM

Also the Q is much tougher now then before.. I mean look at the M cup finals this year.

beowulf 05-31-2006 06:40 AM

Nice stats for sure but had not heard of him. Would be nice for the Habs to find a nice hidden gem that needs a little polishing.

Fozz 05-31-2006 06:49 AM

I like Aubin. He's not overly physical or fast but he's not soft or slow. What impressed me the most is that he performed very well even if Bourret and Picard were no longer on the team. He became the leader and go-to guy of that team and that speaks volume on his character IMO. He's also one of the very few right-handed centers, even forwards, in the Habs' organisation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal

For me he was the biggest surprise of the year (or maybe Halak) and likely had the best season of any Hab prospect.

Kostitsyn?

Toro 05-31-2006 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Fozz]I like Aubin. He's not overly physical or fast but he's not soft or slow. What impressed me the most is that he performed very well even if Bourret and Picard were no longer on the team. He became the leader and go-to guy of that team and that speaks volume on his character IMO. He's also one of the very few right-handed centers, even forwards, in the Habs' organisation.QUOTE]

Right handed center thats big and has offensive abilities in our system :amazed:

Who would have thunk?? I guess he did have a breakout year.

Habsaku 05-31-2006 09:40 AM

I like his potential and I cant wait to see him with Hamilton. Big, offensive center, now thats pretty nice to have in an organization.

Rahan 05-31-2006 12:15 PM

I like him a lot along with D'Agostini.

turnbuckle* 05-31-2006 12:31 PM

Just the fact so many are saying he's underrated makes him overrated IMO. ;)

I'm still not sold on him. He's not the first kid to come along and score 100 points in the Q; it still doesn't hide the fact that at this point he's a perimeter player that would get eaten alive at the NHL level. Perhaps he can overcome his shyness, put on some muscle, improve his skating and learn the pro game - he's got the height, and he certainly has decent hands and hockey sense. If he decides to turn pro I would expect him to spend at least half the season in the 'E'.

Talent Analyst 05-31-2006 02:56 PM

I never seen him play .. that mean that I don't know if he can became good

David_99 05-31-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Just the fact so many are saying he's underrated makes him overrated IMO. ;)

I'm still not sold on him. He's not the first kid to come along and score 100 points in the Q; it still doesn't hide the fact that at this point he's a perimeter player that would get eaten alive at the NHL level. Perhaps he can overcome his shyness, put on some muscle, improve his skating and learn the pro game - he's got the height, and he certainly has decent hands and hockey sense. If he decides to turn pro I would expect him to spend at least half the season in the 'E'.

This is where I hope management comes in and sets him on a training program. We don't need another Urqart or even Ribeiro. Start him lifting the weights young, so by the time he has a chance to crack the lineup, we won't be saying things like "I hope he puts on 20-30lbs before next season"