HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   early look at playoff race (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=25614)

Bignasti 11-05-2003 04:35 AM

early look at playoff race
 
Updated Conference Standings:

1. Vancouver 18
2. St. Louis 15
3. Dallas 15
4. Colorado 13
5. Detroit 13
6. Chicago 13
7. Minnesota 12
8. Edmonton 11
9. Calgary 11
10. Anaheim 11
11. Los Angeles 10
12. Nashville 9
13. Phoenix 9
14. San Jose 9
15. Columbus 7

Of the teams ahead of the Oil ...definitely have got to expect them to move past Chicago but the other teams seem pretty solid -particularly now that Gaborik's back in Minnesota. Looks like SJ is going to be as bad as predicted, that Collumbus and Nashville aren't ready to take the next step, LA just can't get healthy, and for some reason Phoenix is getting poor goaltending while Calgary's goaltending has been good...
Still I think it's a positive that none of the teams expected to be behind the Oil have taken a big step (like Anaheim and Minnesota did last year) -maybe 92 points would even be enough to make the playoffs this year! Let's hope that LA's injury troubles continue, that Burke and Jiggy keep struggling, and the Jamie McLennan starts playing like Jamie McLennan (good start last night), or atleast like Roman Turek!

kruezer 11-05-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bignasti
Updated Conference Standings:

1. Vancouver 18
2. St. Louis 15
3. Dallas 15
4. Colorado 13
5. Detroit 13
6. Chicago 13
7. Minnesota 12
8. Edmonton 11
9. Calgary 11
10. Anaheim 11
11. Los Angeles 10
12. Nashville 9
13. Phoenix 9
14. San Jose 9
15. Columbus 7

Of the teams ahead of the Oil ...definitely have got to expect them to move past Chicago but the other teams seem pretty solid -particularly now that Gaborik's back in Minnesota. Looks like SJ is going to be as bad as predicted, that Collumbus and Nashville aren't ready to take the next step, LA just can't get healthy, and for some reason Phoenix is getting poor goaltending while Calgary's goaltending has been good...
Still I think it's a positive that none of the teams expected to be behind the Oil have taken a big step (like Anaheim and Minnesota did last year) -maybe 92 points would even be enough to make the playoffs this year! Let's hope that LA's injury troubles continue, that Burke and Jiggy keep struggling, and the Jamie McLennan starts playing like Jamie McLennan (good start last night), or atleast like Roman Turek!

Clearly on the tie breaker Calgary should be ahead of Edmonton, lol. :D

LawnDemon 11-05-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Clearly on the tie breaker Calgary should be ahead of Edmonton, lol. :D

i think edmonton has played one less game so they get the edge... unfortunately, after 82 games that might not be the case. ;)

Oiltalk 11-05-2003 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i think edmonton has played one less game so they get the edge... unfortunately, after 82 games that might not be the case. ;)

Nope it's because Edmonton got the tie, while Calgary has an OTL
:D

kruezer 11-06-2003 12:14 PM

Lol, I didn't even check the stats, just messing around ;)

Walsher 11-06-2003 12:32 PM

Bottom line to the arguement is Clagary won't even be in the same ballpark come end of season.

rabi_sultan 11-06-2003 02:54 PM

stop lying guys the reason why calgary is lower than edmonton coz this is the oilers forum :D

kruezer 11-06-2003 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walsher
Bottom line to the arguement is Clagary won't even be in the same ballpark come end of season.

I don't want a pissing match, but lets wait 'til the end of the season to say that.

Walsher 11-06-2003 08:16 PM

Indeed. Just like we have waited for the end of every season for the last 7 years saying that. The Flames are junk and they will be for a while.

kruezer 11-06-2003 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walsher
Indeed. Just like we have waited for the end of every season for the last 7 years saying that. The Flames are junk and they will be for a while.

Okay. ;)

Oi'll say! 11-06-2003 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Nope it's because Edmonton got the tie, while Calgary has an OTL
:D

Believe it or not otl's vs ot ties isn't a factor, 1-1-0-1 = 1-1-1-0. The more important tiebreakers are wins, head to head season series, intraconference record, gf/ga...

I wasn't a big fan of that fact but that's the way it was two years ago anyways.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.